The Mighty Spurs - Dnipro of Ramos

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

youtube links and vids from 1882 please. especially the 23rd minute.
Quality dedication to Tom and a great result. Still on a high from it today.

Got this video, 3rd goal at 3:30. Ignore the hideous quality, it's all about the sound!

My Dad was in the West Stand and I asked him to film the 23rd minute. Not had a chance to upload it, but will do when possible.

Let's not get cocky. We just managed to beat a team we should have easily overcome. We conceeded home and away. Benfica might rip us a new one. Let's not assume we will walk it just yet.

piss off we're gonna smash them home and away while invading portugal and enslaving their families

TartHospitableAsiaticlesserfreshwaterclam.gif

Forced to agree with those being a little negative about the result, in so much as people shouldn't over egg the outcome. Fact is that the football in the first half was so half hearted that my mate and I, for the first time ever, actually debated about leaving after half time. Ultimately we didn't because it just didn't feel right to ever do that, but that was the sheer frustration at witnessing more turgid football that totally lacked any passion from the players.

Obviously the second half was distinctly better and very quickly washed away any frustration, but I couldn't help but feel that it was Adebayor again who was working his socks off and bailing us out somewhat, with Eriksen the only other player who seemed to care. The others still didn't seem to have the passion and I fear that this was a tie that should've been put to bed a lot sooner. These guys are fourth in the Ukrainian league, hardly a CL quality side so, on the evidence of the two legs, we should've been able to win the tie much more easily, and without having to rely on red cards. Still, I was relieved to see us playing as more of a team in the second half, rather than as individuals - as this has been one of my biggest concerns in recent games.

Let's hope this is the start of a proper team unity turnaround and not just papering over the cracks.

Last edited:
I'm sure all of our multi-million pound players were fretting about it for weeks. The sheer release from weeks of anxiety clearly provided a motivation last night.

I agree. They dont want to be represented by an amatuer. Seeing a professional on the sidelines boosted their confidence and sense of self-worth.

Forced to agree with those being a little negative about the result, in so much as people shouldn't over egg the outcome. Fact is that the football in the first half was so half hearted that my mate and I, for the first time ever, actually debated about leaving after half time. Ultimately we didn't because it just didn't feel right to ever do that, but that was the sheer frustration at witnessing more turgid football that totally lacked any passion from the players.

Obviously the second half was distinctly better and very quickly washed away any frustration, but I couldn't help but feel that it was Adebayor again who was working his socks off and bailing us out somewhat, with Eriksen the only other player who seemed to care. The others still didn't seem to have the passion and I fear that this was a tie that should've been put to bed a lot sooner. These guys are foirth in the Ukranian league, hardly a CL quality side so, on the evidence of the two legs, we should've been able to win the tie much more easily, and without having to rely on red cards. Still, I was relieved to seem us playing as more of a team in the second half, rather than as individuals - as this has been one of my biggest concerns in recent games.

Let's hope this is the start of a proper team unity turnaround and not just papering over the cracks.

I agree with you largely about the downsides of our performance but have to ask is there any real reason to be negative at this point? Champions League is pretty much out of the question barring an epic collapse in front of us. All we have really is the potential for some Europa League fun.

It seems increasingly unlikely that our manager will be the same at the start of next season. We don't really have anything to lose we're pretty much bang on for the 5th-7th spot. It's just another year in holding pattern which we already know, isn't it best just to enjoy the results as they come at this point?

I agree with you largely about the downsides of our performance but have to ask is there any real reason to be negative at this point? Champions League is pretty much out of the question barring an epic collapse in front of us. All we have really is the potential for some Europa League fun.

It seems increasingly unlikely that our manager will be the same at the start of next season. We don't really have anything to lose we're pretty much bang on for the 5th-7th spot. It's just another year in holding pattern which we already know, isn't it best just to enjoy the results as they come at this point?
You seem be be under the impression that I did not enjoy seeing us win last night. I always enjoy seeing a win mate.

My frustrations lie in our style of play this season. Turgid disunity where players of undeniable talent are generally playing as individuals rather than a team. Combine this with generally poor tactics and, save for Adebayor, very little of the attacking style of Tottenham. We should be blowing away teams like Dnipro, not just about beating them with a one goal advantage over two legs. We should be acquitting ourselves against our top four competitors as well, which is something we've failed to do all season. That's why I've been struggling to "enjoy" the football this season. I see a regression in all areas. I see players who aren't up for the fight for whatever reason and I see a team that is criminally underachieving, be it as a result of management, or whatever else. This is the strongest squad as I've seen in 20 years, yet I'd rather be watching the high spirited teams that we had under Jol and Redknapp than this lot. They were weaker players, but they were players who seemed more up for the fight and more ready to play together as a team.

I also fear that in the summer we are not be as set to get a new manager as you seem to think, so I don't think it's as simple as sitting back and saying "to hell with it" for the rest of the season. If anything, it's the exact opposite for me. Increased worry and frustration that we will face more of the same come August.

Andre in a suit for the old trafford win and in a suit when we were spanked 3-0 by west ham so all in all, enough of this crap!!!
Im just saying...if you are managing a club at this level you should be in a suit. its professional. I don't walk into court in breakaways and a windbreaker.

Back
Top Bottom