The Mighty Lilywhites vs BHA Orangemen

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only genuine RB in our youth ranks (Fredericks aside, who is at Boro on loan), is Kyle Walker-Peters. He's a massive talent, but at just 17 he simply isn't ready.
Yep, in retrospect loaning out Fredericks who apparently is doing well at Boro, when Walker wasn't fit, was a major mistake. Would have been great to have played him on Thursday and now this Wednesday, allowing Dier some rest.

Teamm for Brighton

Vorm, Dier/Davies/Naughton, Verts, Fazio, Davies/Rose, Stambouli, Dembele, Townsend, Lennon/Mason Kane, Soldado.

Am I the only on reading this and thinking its just another position we need to overhaul? Walker is good but makes too many mistakes, Naughton doesn't want to be with us anymore (and is terrible) and the only other real option is Yedlin but is he going to cut it in the Prem? I certainly hope so!

Am I the only on reading this and thinking its just another position we need to overhaul? Walker is good but makes too many mistakes, Naughton doesn't want to be with us anymore (and is terrible) and the only other real option is Yedlin but is he going to cut it in the Prem? I certainly hope so!
Nah. We've got bigger problems to address than right-back.

Walker is a very good Premiership RB. He'll never be world class, but he's as good as we're gonna get in that position without spending £20M+. Even the likes of Zabaleta and Ivanovic make mistakes - it's a very difficult position to play, especially if you want an RB who's effective going forward too.

Naughton is a competent back-up - his reputation at Spurs has been unfairly ruined by the fact that he's played the vast majority of his games for us out of position at LB. When he's been at RB this season he's been perfectly decent.

Yedlin is obviously still an unknown quantity, but a low-risk gamble considering how little we're paying for him.

Dier is young and naive, and probably more of a CB than an RB, so although he had a bad game there yesterday I'm not too concerned as it's not often that we'll be forced into playing him there. Plus, remember the West Ham game?

Will not be anywhere as bad as it was at Asteras (21.4k announced but that included ST no shows).
The ST freebies were Limassol and Forest this season - any ST no-shows would only have been Gold members who either forgot to tell the club not to buy them a ticket for it or just couldn't be arsed to turn up on the day. Don't think there'd have been too many people in that boat.

The ST freebies were Limassol and Forest this season - any ST no-shows would only have been Gold members who either forgot to tell the club not to buy them a ticket for it or just couldn't be arsed to turn up on the day. Don't think there'd have been too many people in that boat.

All Gold ST holders are on Cup auto-pay. I think there are quite a few but dont know the actual numbers. More than you would think i imagine.

All Gold ST holders are on Cup auto-pay. I think there are quite a few but dont know the actual numbers. More than you would think i imagine.
No idea how many of the STs are gold v silver, but I know a couple of golds and they pretty much decline buying for every cup match. Think it gets them 10 extra LPs every year over the silver for no extra cost.

An under pressure hyppia, an under performing brighton........sounds like a trip to whl is just what the doctor ordered.

This game needs to be taken very seriously, a loss here will put more pressure on potch and the team.

It's time to go old school. Back to fucking basics.!! Four four fucking two!!

-------------vorm-----------
Dier-----kaboul----vertonghen---rose
-----------eriksen---mason---------
Lennon------------------------townsend
-------------soldado-----kane--------

None of this inverted wingers bullshit, we need fucking width. So let's play the same team against villa aswell, and let's stop fucking about.

Kane
Dier, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Davies
Mason, Stambouli, Dembele
Lennon, Soldado, Lamela

Mason's passing to find spaces for Lennon and Soldado; Lamela free role; Stambouli and Dembele to offer some power, solidity and rosbif; back four to bitch at each other and provide comedy moments for the neutrals; Kane deserves a second chance.

Didn't Stambouli play in defence sometimes at Montpellier? Could be a fill in at right back - if Bentalab is back then that still leaves him and Dembele in the middle!

Naughton will be back for this one, Dier needs a rest both body and head. Bentaleb i'm suggesting not ready to start, perhaps bench perhaps not. Paulinho perhaps a sub not to start. Vorm to some match awareness in readiness for EL away.
Vorm, Naughton, Fazio, Kaboul, Rose, Stambouli, Dembele, Lennon, Kane, Townsend, Soldado

For the pay packet we should win. Rest a few during game even to have them available for Villa. Real opportunities for Townsend, Kane again and Fazio.

for Villa away I see two changes that need to be made. Striker and RB. I propose Lennon playing RB and Kane playing Striker. Very risky playing Lennon there but i'm confident it can work. My second option at RB would be sticking with Dier.

Lloris
Lennon - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Mason - Capoue
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane

I don't want to see Lamela, Kaboul, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane, or Kaboul midweek.

For BHA

Vorm -
Dier - Fazio - Chiriches - Davies
Bentaleb - Stambouli
Townsend - Dembele - Lennon
Soldado

Last edited:
I see two changes that need to be made. Striker and RB. I propose Lennon playing RB and Kane playing Striker. Very risky playing Lennon there but i'm confident it can work. My second option at RB would be sticking with Dier.

Lloris
Lennon - Kaboul - Vertonghen - Rose
Mason - Capoue
Lamela - Eriksen - Chadli
Kane

I don't want to see Lamela, Kaboul, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane, or Kaboul midweek.
Not sure what you mean? This game is midweek.

Back
Top Bottom