The Lamela Enigma

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

This season for sure. Leading assist maker in our team, only 23 and works his socks off. Finished fhe season strong and had another strong run of performances surrounding his injury. I remain optimistic.

I think he has so much more to offer and the potential to be an integral part of the team is there. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that this is the season where he will show some consistency in his performances, as he has the talent.

never will be suited to the premiership.
value will decrease & a waste of wages.
sell him if we can.

hope im proved wrong again! but doubt it.

never will be suited to the premiership.
What is the Premiership? Is he a good footballer or not? 'The Premiership' seems to be a convenient excuse for not making a proper evaluation on a player - anyway, it's the Premier League now. Would he do any better in that?

Sorry for all the questions.

bit too fast & physical for him.
premierships fast & physical. very demanding.
same with paulinho.
he is obviously naturally skilful etc. but thats not enough.

Stick with him but he had to be showing he's better then townsend if we want to keep him.
If he's not showing signs that he is an improvement on townsend by Christmas then we should consider giving up.

Very nice article. I find the guy fascinating as a footballer. He's shown exceptional vision and creativity at times. He's also an incredibly hard worker. And he has a good eye for the goal. But he has some obvious physical limitations. He's not quick and he can be painfully clumsy when he holds the ball. He's almost the anti-Townsend.

In the end, I think he'll come good for us. He's got the right attitude and, more importantly, he's got a great mind for the game. I think this year everything slows down for him on the pitch, and his quality shines through.

His strong run to finish the season was promising. We tended to perform better as a team when he played, in terms of pure results. Townsend was too up and down in the lineup and the team also flowed that way for whatever reason.

Really hoping he pays off this season. His attitude is fantastic and he seems like a good guy to have in the team.

He seems to relish physical confrontation - give the kid a chance. He clearly seems to want it.
relishing something & being good at it are very different things.
townsend relishes shooting..........

he gets pushed off the ball & out muscled so easily.
if he had cost 5m, i bet more in here would be saying let him go.
just dont want to admit its another big flop we bought.

dont worry. i am not going to go & boo him or anything.
just in my opinion he wont make it in the premiership.
hope he does.

Last edited:
Get the lad on the same program Bale was on the season he bulked up with us!
Different type of players though. Bale is an athlete, powerful type. Same mould as Ronaldo. You wouldn't put Lamela on that program..

Lamelas style in general reminds me of di Maria. Gangly, not the fastest, works hard and has great vision. Both woudnt suit being built like powerful athletes.

Different type of players though. Bale is an athlete, powerful type. Same mould as Ronaldo. You wouldn't put Lamela on that program..

Lamelas style in general reminds me of di Maria. Gangly, not the fastest, works hard and has great vision. Both woudnt suit being built like powerful athletes.
Does anything aside from drivel ever come out of your mouth? Lamela wouldn't benefit from being as powerful and fast as Bale? Maybe not in Serie A, you should probably just stick to watching and commenting on that

Does anything aside from drivel ever come out of your mouth? Lamela wouldn't benefit from being as powerful and fast as Bale? Maybe not in Serie A, you should probably just stick to watching and commenting on that

Lamela isn't that type of player though. So it's pointless having this conversation. Every player in world football would benefit from being as powerful an athlete as Bale. Unfortunately genetics don't work like that.

Lamela is a skill player, not a powerful athlete never will be. Doesn't have power for one. He also isn't quick.

What is the Premiership? Is he a good footballer or not? 'The Premiership' seems to be a convenient excuse for not making a proper evaluation on a player - anyway, it's the Premier League now. Would he do any better in that?

Sorry for all the questions.

Answers,

1. A gravy train.

2. Good, could be great.

3. Possibly.

Seriously play him behind Harry from the start and persevere as there is a player in there somewhere but can Poch find it?

Sorry another question........

:pochsulk:

Back
Top Bottom