The Football Connoisseurs Vs Bournemouth Sat 15th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yep, we have people slagging those off making their feelings felt, not that I always agree with what is sung or the booing. But, you charge someone almost £100 and more to go and watch something, you are going to get a reaction if it is shite, week after week.
Imaging paying £100 to go and see a huge rock band and the amps break, the lights fail and the band manager is replaced with a stand-in a few weeks before.. I am sure the crowd wouldn't mind one little bit.

I know people will say, "but you should support the team, no matter what", its because they support the team that the level of emotion and anger is being shown..

It doesn't help that we have radio silence concerning future management plans. Does no one want to come and manage us, has he got a master plan, are we going to carry on with Mason and the crew ? We don't know ? At the moment there isn't even a light at the end of the tunnel we can hang our hopes on to.
I'm afraid that's on you, you pay £100 knowing the state of the club and how we've been playing, why are you surprised when it turns to shit on the pitch, you don't want to watch this BS don't go and if you do then support, that's your job.
How does that work, when you have spent over a grand on a ST before a ball has even been kicked in the Season. Just forget about the outlay of a ST ? If we all thought like you the Stadium would be empty.

And, re-read my post I didn't say I boo or agree with it ? You should have said "thats on them"
People have given up watching our matches and not going to games this season because they can't contain their emotions so yes it does work.
Not sure we are going to agree on this, so will leave it there. But, have people given up and stopped going this season ? Could be because of tourists, but no empty seats around me yesterday.

Referee:Andy Madley
Attendance:61,369
Sorry but how condescending is this. Shades Shades , well done for such a measured reply, I would have been foaming at the mouth if I had received a comment like this. Don't we suffer enough?
And no, I don't boo individual players, totally uncalled for, IMO.
It's funny.... Up until just now, I'd assumed Shades Shades & Shadydan Shadydan were the same person....
Probably summit to do with the username!!

Other than a short, great period under Poch, this is exactly the club that you’ve grown up with.

General Burkinshaw’s Spurs. Followed in the style that befits Spurs by Shreeve, Pleat and Venables. Even Ossie was entertaining in a madcap way! Francis’ Spurs were caught between pragmatism and swashbuckling with the likes of Klinsmann & Teddy. I loved Jol’s time. Ditto Harry (for the most part) and obvs Poch.

The above, for the most part, had an idea of what entertaining the crowd meant. Signing exciting footballers and nurturing young talent.

Mourinho, Nuno and Conte have not been part of this dynamic. The new stadium, CL football over everything else and ‘win now managers’ have skewed the boards thinking and decision making.

Detailed enough?

General Burkinshaw’s Spurs. Followed in the style that befits Spurs by Shreeve, Pleat and Venables. Even Ossie was entertaining in a madcap way! Francis’ Spurs were caught between pragmatism and swashbuckling with the likes of Klinsmann & Teddy. I loved Jol’s time. Ditto Harry (for the most part) and obvs Poch.

The above, for the most part, had an idea of what entertaining the crowd meant. Signing exciting footballers and nurturing young talent.

Mourinho, Nuno and Conte have not been part of this dynamic. The new stadium, CL football over everything else and ‘win now managers’ have skewed the boards thinking and decision making.

Detailed enough?
Burkinshaw and Pleat were forty years ago.
Most of today’s self-entitled fans wouldn’t put up with Harry or Jol’s ‘bottlers’. They would probably be booing Modric. The only really sustained success we had was under Poch and , even then, we couldn’t get over the line. What it did, though, was raise the level of entitlement where4th or 5th is fucking shit and the players that get us there are cunts.

...same as racism, paedophilia and general bigotry isn't aimed at ME.... but it's still upsetting!

Come On Reaction GIF by MOODMAN

Hopefully that's the last we hear of any 4 at the back nonsense, this team have 0 structure with 5 at the back let alone 4. When Bournemouth actually realised they could get at us with 4 defenders they ripped through us with ease on the last goal

Hopefully that's the last we hear of any 4 at the back nonsense, this team have 0 structure with 5 at the back let alone 4. When Bournemouth actually realised they could get at us with 4 defenders they ripped through us with ease on the last goal
we had 1 midfielder on the pitch when they scored at the end ..PEH. you protect the 4 by having numbers in the middle. try and play some actual football that looks easy on the eye.

Burkinshaw and Pleat were forty years ago.
Most of today’s self-entitled fans wouldn’t put up with Harry or Jol’s ‘bottlers’. They would probably be booing Modric. The only really sustained success we had was under Poch and , even then, we couldn’t get over the line. What it did, though, was raise the level of entitlement where4th or 5th is fucking shit and the players that get us there are cunts.

Well you did ask (though I understand the point you are driving at…).

Ultimately, I want to watch exciting football (esp for the price I’m paying), with a clear identity, structure and plan in place. And with the ability/flexibility to change things when it’s needed or the opposition and circs require. Not too much to ask.

As I stated though I’m my first post, it may be me and my age. Perhaps things have moved on too much

Two of the goals happened coz Spurs are afraid to tackle. I blame this mainly on the hostile refereeing that Tottenham get it's made Spurs timid. The manager has to get on top of this.

Also goal kicks should go long, always. Lloris is a big fan of the short goal kick which brings the opposition onto us. Spurs almost always lose the ball in their own half. Unless the other team are backed well off the defenders Lloris should never play goal kicks short nor let a defender like Dier do it. Get the defence up to the halfway line and boot it!!

Lloris is lucky to even be picked, I would play Forster!

Confucius say whaaaaaa?

Not aiming an offensive comment at someone directly, doesn't make it any LESS offensive...

It just makes it MORE offensive to the person you DO aim it at!

The comment shouldn't offend anyone since neither of them partook in what I was criticising them for so I don't know what you're talking about.

Shit result and I’m definitely ready for this season to be over. But this one was mainly due to the injury to Lenglet and our shit defending. We were dominating the game after the first 5 mins before Lenglet got hurt. Then everything went to sht. I don’t think you can blame the coaches too much. They tried to keep the formation when Sanchez came on and even moved everything around with him on the right atleast. However he was absolute sht and they took him off. We played attacking football everyone wants. 57% possession. 24 shots. 8 on target. But we’re not gonna win many games ever when you allow 3 goals. Which has undoubtedly been our biggest problem this season. We need to be ready to spend 100 mil on CBs this off-season. Also, I hated the booing on Sanchez or really any player. Grow up clowns.

Shit result and I’m definitely ready for this season to be over. But this one was mainly due to the injury to Lenglet and our shit defending. We were dominating the game after the first 5 mins before Lenglet got hurt. Then everything went to sht. I don’t think you can blame the coaches too much. They tried to keep the formation when Sanchez came on and even moved everything around with him on the right atleast. However he was absolute sht and they took him off. We played attacking football everyone wants. 57% possession. 24 shots. 8 on target. But we’re not gonna win many games ever when you allow 3 goals. Which has undoubtedly been our biggest problem this season. We need to be ready to spend 100 mil on CBs this off-season. Also, I hated the booing on Sanchez or really any player. Grow up clowns.
57% at home to relegation threatend tean ain’t that great!

I don’t think you can blame the coaches too much. They tried to keep the formation when Sanchez came on and even moved everything around with him on the right atleast.
but they didnt have the players to keep that system once lenglet is out. sanchez is barely better than lloris on the ball.

we only got back ontop of the game once they rectified their mistake of bringing sanchez on, by then the damage is done and sanchez has been scarred for life.

Back
Top Bottom