The Football Connoisseurs Vs Bournemouth Sat 15th April

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Some believe Conté and Stellini was the problem. Now we saw 4-4-2 with Dier and Romero CB, Perisic LB and Porro RB. That's about the best we have. Bournemouth had 1 run at them and .......Surprise, surprise..... 1 goal.

3-5-2 with 2 Holding MFs is not a Conté system. He was forced to have both MFs babysitting a seriously lacking defence. I don't remember Eden Hazard having to stay 5m in front of the defence. Neither did Costa have to track back and make tackles near our 18 area. Same can be said for the José tenure. They overachieved

Some fans are just so deep into Levy's Stadium/World class facilities arse, that they cannot see the sunlight.

Please. Let’s not pretend going to a back 4 was some system.

It was pure panic.

Throw on a bunch of attackers and hope for the best.

Yeah we only got one goal but misses plenty of other excellent chances. And it was probably the best possession spells we’ve seen all season.

Hope we never see 3 at the back again.

I have to admit that it was such a fucking shit show yesterday that I actually laughed when they scored the winner...I think Spurs has finally broken me...
Ditto , usually I would have been so angry after a game like that , but yesterday , I couldn’t even muster up the energy to get angry . They’ve just sucked all the emotion and enjoyment out of it . Just want the season to end now , looks like we are going to limp along to the end , soul destroying !

He kicking aimed out to Son to win headers was something that fucking wound me up yesterday as much as the goals we conceded. Son isn’t going to win headers. It just gave them the ball back time and again. He’s so past it and his decision making is terrible.

I agree on Dier too but I actually thought he had a pretty good game yesterday for him.
Although solanki breezed past him

Again, I don't know why we persist in playing out from the back when we don't have the set-up and players for it and prove time and time again that we are absolutely bloody awful at it. What's that saying about insanity again, and how it's about doing the same failed shit over and over again?
I see teams better coached at local parks than from our expensively assembled coaching team.

Again, I don't know why we persist in playing out from the back when we don't have the set-up and players for it and prove time and time again that we are absolutely bloody awful at it. What's that saying about insanity again, and how it's about doing the same failed shit over and over again?

What I find incredible is that we've heard constantly for years that our players are no good at playing out from the back.

What are they being coached?

How can a professional footballer playing at the highest level possible STILL not be able to play a pass out from the back accurately and successfully? When they've been playing that way for YEARS?

If you do the same things over and over again and you're training at doing those same things, everything in life tells you that you should improve at doing it....

How sad has it become that I watched the Villa game yesterday and felt envious about the way they now play football . ( Villa FFS!) Just shows what a proper modern coach can do to players . He’s even got Mings looking good ! Also , he immediately brought in the FB , Moreno in for £13M and he looks the part much better than our lot . Please Daniel get it right this time , please !

Making fans pay the highest prices for the shittest football is going to give them a sense of entitlement.

Football in general has been trying to force out the old school support for many years now and they are reaping what they have sewn.

I have no sympathy.
The football is on the Italian wankers running our team. Who since they’ve been here have never spoke to the fans about creating a team the fans can get behind with good attacking aggressive football.

Imaging paying £100 to go and see a huge rock band and the amps break, the lights fail and the band manager is replaced with a stand-in a few weeks before.. I am sure the crowd wouldn't mind one little bit.
It’s not comparable.
At a concert, there isn’t another band (with perhaps a virtuoso guitarist that you want to play badly) trying to stop the band that you came to see.
Were Bournemouth not entertaining yesterday?
You saw five goals and an almost last minute winner.
Would it have been worth the money if Spurs had scored the winner?

In reality, you’re paying to see a 90 minute competitive football match. They closed the Coliseum.

Left it until today to comment, having just heard Woolwich have taken the lead 😫

Usually leave it a while after a defeat but the truth is I don’t really feel anything having watched it live yesterday. Didn’t feel anything at the time either. Think I’m effectively done with Spurs for now (& modern football in general).

For what it’s worth and for the fact that I watched it fairly objectively here’s my tuppence worth:

Was impressed by Bournemouth. Asked someone with a programme who their number 18 was because he looked like getting in every time and he did. More culpable for this than Sanchez was Porro - who was weak and almost statuesque as 18 ran by him.

Kulu was a spectator for much of the game. Ditto Son. Romero’s posturing and casual play was a damning indictment of his ‘professionalism’. Hojberg’s touch and general midfield instincts are unbecoming of a Championship player let alone a PL/CL player. Shocking. Sanchez - well, he shouldn’t really be at the club tbh. Feel sorry for him as a human being but that’s on Levy & Stellini.

Said it recently and I’ll say it again, the club is in a massive hole. We’ve been coming to this point for years. Not underinvestment per se but bone-headed knee-jerk recruitment in all areas (players & coaching staff). Not knowing when to ship players out and on too can only be about trying to leverage a few extra schekels out of them - false economics that any casual fan can appreciate.

The place is toxic top to bottom. Irate ‘legacy’ fans surrounded by tourists.

The fact that I’m still posting on here and airing my grievances shows that I still care in some way but I need to walk away from this shit show for my own sanity. It’s not worth it and Levy & Co aren’t worth it either.

Will always be Spurs but the club isn’t the Spurs I’ve grown up with and grown old with.

Shambles

We are where we are because Chelsea and Liverpool are having their worst season in a decade.
I don’t think that people realize what that actually means.
We say that every year about one club or another. Last year, it was Man United and the year before, it was Woolwich.
This demonstrates how difficult it is to sustain success in the EPL — unless you’re financially doped cheats.

Some believe Conté and Stellini was the problem. Now we saw 4-4-2 with Dier and Romero CB, Perisic LB and Porro RB. That's about the best we have. Bournemouth had 1 run at them and .......Surprise, surprise..... 1 goal.

3-5-2 with 2 Holding MFs is not a Conté system. He was forced to have both MFs babysitting a seriously lacking defence. I don't remember Eden Hazard having to stay 5m in front of the defence. Neither did Costa have to track back and make tackles near our 18 area. Same can be said for the José tenure. They overachieved

Some fans are just so deep into Levy's Stadium/World class facilities arse, that they cannot see the sunlight.
For bournemouths winner we were playing some stupid 4-1 -5
Cant bring myself to watch the goal again but at the time I thought Porro was shoved in the back

Back
Top Bottom