*** The Carbon friendly Green Cup Tottenham Hotspur v West Ham 11 AM Tuesday 18th *** ♻️ 🌎

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does everybody know that the bird is a word?

• Blake’s 7

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • The philtrum

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Ma-ma-mow, pa-pa, ma-ma-mow, pa-pa

Votes: 40 87.0%

• Total voters
Well I think as with vertonghen it's about getting in reasonably young and early. They are about to be found if you have the correct scouting personnel.

We had a fairly clear run at Jan from Ajax for £12m (Ditto Eriksen for 14m). FFWD 5 years once PSG fucked up the market up; De Ligt costs Juve £67m (+£10m agent fees).... Not looking to be as good as Jan either.

A lot's changed since then........ As we're learning; unless you get these guys super-raw, by the time they start to consolidate their talent and gain a little experience, everybody wants them and their price-tag goes through the roof.

And this post is why you should stick to posting about ice hockey or something, coz that’s the most clueless post I’ve read today.

Solomon, Richie, Son and Kulu are NOT an uninspiring bunch. Grow some eyes.

And Bissouma is going to absolutely tear shit up in this system.

We most certainly do not need to buy someone to replace him.

Agree about Udogie.

Please go watch some actual football. Thanks.

:nunothumb:

Go and shave your toes fuckhead.

Here's my review:

1) This is going to be some season to watch. High risk/ high reward football. Already better signs than Jose/Nuno/Conte ball.
2) Progressive possession based style committing men into the box.
3) For me it was so refreshing to finally see some off the ball movement when in possession.
4) CBs are still shit. No wonder the are no bids for them. Tanganga definitely ain't a LCB.
5) The guys in the shop window actually impressed, GLC, PEH, Perisic.
6) Not sure we can keep up this high intensity game for the whole season without Europe, let alone with it.
7) Been watching Skipp since U18s, never seen him break into the box or play as a CF that often as today.
8) Some of the passing combinations were nice to see.
9) Chance creation was good.
10) Life without Kane is gonna be tough, who the hell is going to put the ball in the onion sack?
11) As I said the other day in the Richy thread, he ain't got a scooby doo about offside law. Touch of a donkey too on occasions.
12) I'd keep Reguilon if we play this high energy style, he and Udogie as rotation options are good.
13) Nice to see a genuine AM in Maddison and GLC try some through balls from the middle of the pitch.
14) Not convinced Emerson has the ball playing skills to be an inverted fullback.
15) We are going to be saying this a lot I feel this season: 'Performance does not reflect the scoreline'.
With this type of football we'll create tons of chances but if we aren't ruthless we will come a cropper because we are leaving 2v2 at the other end and teams will sucker punch us on the break.

Last edited:
Played well, good link up play, players getting used to a new system.

Defence have contiued where they left off.

Ange must have seen what w e have all be witnessing last season.

A piss poor defence.

west ham looked like us last season. no touches of the ball, constantly pegged back yet win three two so all is rosy. how on earth we sustained support during that utter dross for soo long is beyond me! we deserve a medal

enjoy your season hammers lol

Thoughts on the game.

First game and all that, friendly etc, but liked the way we played, dominating the ball, looking to control the game with the ball. Think we are going to struggle to do the ferocious win it back quickly thing though, with this bunch. Hope I'm wrong.

Really fucking worried going into the season with our forward/attacking players. How the fuck did we pay 50/60m for Richarlison; him, Son, Kulusevski, Soloman is a really really fucking uninspiring bunch. Especially if we are going to play this high line, heavy possession compressed in the final third football. None of them have either the technical ability or composure in pressured situations.

I like Bissouma, but really not convinced he's the 6 type anchor this system needs. I'd have switched him and Skipp around maybe. Better still, go and buy a real busy fucker.

I thought Udogie looked decent. Certainly much better than Reguilon. He definitely suits the system better than any other LB we have. Probably suits any system better than any other LB we have.

I think Royal also looked better in the inverted auxiliary midfield remit than Porro. Porro offers more offensively.

Anyone suggesting Kulusevski could play as an 8 is fucking nuts.
Only you saying Udogie looking decent is actually true. The rest is just not being able to see what’s coming. All of those front players will thrive in this system. Even Richi who’s a not a good finisher will score goals in it given the chance.
The only negative thing about yesterday was that it’s glaringly obvious that we need two top class centre backs with pace and you failed to mention that.

I thought that was Lo Celso's best game in a Spurs shirt.

Now, it's time for Ndombele to step up, if Ange can get a tune out of him, and get him playing the best he can, we have a seriously good player there.

''Gareth Bale has said that Tanguy Ndombele surprised him when he saw him in Tottenham training and that the Frenchman reminds him of Brazilian legend Ronaldinho.''

We had a fairly clear run at Jan from Ajax for £12m (Ditto Eriksen for 14m). FFWD 5 years once PSG fucked up the market up; De Ligt costs Juve £67m (+£10m agent fees).... Not looking to be as good as Jan either.

A lot's changed since then........ As we're learning; unless you get these guys super-raw, by the time they start to consolidate their talent and gain a little experience, everybody wants them and their price-tag goes through the roof.

Eriksen cost £11m IIRC.

I can't - he's bloody useless. Why do you think Chelscum are offloading him to us?

Ridiculous take, he was class for Palace and showed his potential.

And Chelsea aren't offloading to us, Ange and the club are interested, he's perfect in that no8 role for him.

Wouldn't surprise me if he stayed at Chelsea cause he's a Poch like player.

Back
Top Bottom