The buzz will return

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Well, the result for the Toffees and the Leicester defeat at the Cherries underlines make our two points in those two away matches weren't all bad..

That's how it will be for each gameweek now. Teams can throw away good positions like Scum did last night.

Last edited:
The timing has been worse with other articles I have had. The buzz is back, but to keep it there we need to go to the hard away grounds at Watford and Soton and grap 6 points before the dirty Chavs!

Your, right. We need 6 points from the Watford and Southampton games, but I would be surprised if that's what we get. I am not holding my breath as far as Chelsea are concerned though.

As far as the buzz goes, I don't think there has been one for a while. This is for several reasons. The football we play now is pretty dull, and if we are honest with ourselves there is little chance of winning anything. Levy will want a top four place in order he can get in some dosh and please the shareholders, so Poch will blow the two remaining competitions we are in to try and please him. That said, we will struggle for 5th place, let alone 4th. Finally, the football supporter demographic has changed and political correctness dictates what we can sing.

Your, right. We need 6 points from the Watford and Southampton games, but I would be surprised if that's what we get. I am not holding my breath as far as Chelsea are concerned though.

As far as the buzz goes, I don't think there has been one for a while. This is for several reasons. The football we play now is pretty dull, and if we are honest with ourselves there is little chance of winning anything. Levy will want a top four place in order he can get in some dosh and please the shareholders, so Poch will blow the two remaining competitions we are in to try and please him. That said, we will struggle for 5th place, let alone 4th. Finally, the football supporter demographic has changed and political correctness dictates what we can sing.
"Political correctness dictates what we can sing"? Are you for real? Our most popular song this season repeatedly talks about "being a Yid", we still sing about having a party when S** dies and still sing about kicking Woolwich fans' heads in. Yeah, sounds really politically correct to me...

If you were a new poster I'd write you off as a troll.

But thats the thing isnt it....its always the next game for some.

12 points from the last 18, losing at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.....but no, we have to beat Watford and Southampton for it to count for anything. And then if we do, you've already set the stall out for us to fall against Chelsea.

For me, the buzz never went away.....its a journey. If anyone expected us to walk the PL or piss on our CL group, well, you've only got yourself to blame for your buzz being killed.
If anyone thought that losing Kane, Toby, Lamela and dier from midfield would have no bearing on our style of play, again, look in the mirror.

DWDWWWWDDDDWLWLWW
GD 17 (4th best in the league)
3pts off second spot
12 goals conceded, second best behind Chelsea on 11

Yeah, well shit season so far
:avbfacepalm:

Those 4 draws were when some people started to question the managers position. How ridiculous that its come to this mantra that we are struggling, and that top 4 is beyond us etc when the facts show the complete opposite.
How ridiculous and embarrassing that some Spurs fans are now demanding titles as some kind of bare minimum.

Thankfully the vast majority can see whats going on, despite us being rough around the edges at times.
The football is not dull for all of us, and that buzz is burning....especially after a week like we've just had.

Shame for some that all they can do is despair over how "unlikely" it is that we can beat Southampton and Watford......and if we do, then whatever "because we wont beat Chelsea anyway"

"Political correctness dictates what we can sing"? Are you for real? Our most popular song this season repeatedly talks about "being a Yid", we still sing about having a party when S** dies and still sing about kicking Woolwich fans' heads in. Yeah, sounds really politically correct to me...

If you were a new poster I'd write you off as a troll.

I can only presume you are a supporter of recent years. We can no longer sing the Campbell song, and when was the last time we were singing Wenger being a pedo? Come to think of it, we can't even mention anybody's sexuality, and if we dare mentioned race we would get banned for life.

I honestly believe you must be a troll by calling me a troll

Professor-Buzzkill-500x500.png

Well, I think, for the time being, Chelsea is too far ahead for the others to concentrate too much on them. For us, it's all about getting points to put us in a good position ahead the last part of the season. Chavs could implore though, and the others are coming thick then.

I think the buzz was there to be seen for many, last season. Certainly, it was the best season I have seen, due to the team and even fighting for the title (sort of) and ending up in the top3. I have been a fan since 89, and although there have been highlights it never lasted as long as it did last year. For me, the buzz was there, and it could return in big style, although, even with results coming, we're not firing on all cylinders. The buzz never went away for me, but for most fans, I think that some are disappointed, much due to unrealistic expectations.

12 points from the last 18, losing at Stamford Bridge and Old Trafford.....but no, we have to beat Watford and Southampton for it to count for anything. And then if we do, you've already set the stall out for us to fall against Chelsea.

For me, the buzz never went away.....its a journey. If anyone expected us to walk the PL or piss on our CL group, well, you've only got yourself to blame for your buzz being killed.
If anyone thought that losing Kane, Toby, Lamela and dier from midfield would have no bearing on our style of play, again, look in the mirror.

DWDWWWWDDDDWLWLWW
3pts off second spot

Those 4 draws were when some people started to question the managers position. How ridiculous that its come to this mantra that we are struggling, and that top 4 is beyond us etc when the facts show the complete opposite.
How ridiculous and embarrassing that some Spurs fans are now demanding titles as some kind of bare minimum.

Thankfully the vast majority can see whats going on, despite us being rough around the edges at times.
The football is not dull for all of us, and that buzz is burning....especially after a week like we've just had.

Shame for some that all they can do is despair over how "unlikely" it is that we can beat Southampton and Watford......and if we do, then whatever "because we wont beat Chelsea anyway"

Even disregarding results that may or may not happen in the short term future, there is a lot more to come for our beautiful football club in the years come!

I've felt the buzz since the back end of Pochettinos first season to be honest.

I can't help but feel there's something special here. It's like everything is so close to aligning but somethings missing. I have full confidence that Pochettino will find whatevers missing.

Will we get 6 points from our next 2 games? I probably don't think so but we will give it a bloody good try and you can bet all you have that those around us all won't win their next 2 either.

Even disregarding results that may or may not happen in the short term future, there is a lot more to come for our beautiful football club in the years come!

Exactly.....for me this definitely feels like the start of something. Im praying Poch is here for at least another decade, and gets the time to see his vision come into something real.

DWDWWWWDDDDWLWLWW
3pts off second spot

I agree with every point bar one. We have been poor the majority of the games this season. Not that I thought we'd be title contenders etc, but we haven't hit form , yet.
We haven't played shit but we still could go up a few gears.
We are also being far more sloppier than last season and gifting chances/goals.
Yet we are still not conceding or losing much and haven't been battered when we have lost and should have gotten something from both of those.
Hopefully we will hit top form, cut out the mistakes and, with a settled injury free squad, have a better second half of the season.

It would be worth finishing 6th this season and next so that posters like I8AVB I8AVB finally self implode and we can enjoy our decades of superiority in the new stadium in peace.

Back
Top Bottom