The Bane of Your Life vs Newcastle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

[formation="4231, Lloris, Dier, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Eriksen, Capoue, Lamela, Kane, Chadli, Soldado"][/formation]

Think Newcastle will sit back hence the attacking lineup with Eriksen dropping back. These are the sort of games we always pass sideways and don't look threatening. That lineup has a goal threat from all the front 4, both Eriksen & Capoue can pick a pass well to get those 4 looking dangerous. It also should defensively sound enough with our best CB pairing and the in form Capoue in front of them. I know it won't happen but this is the sort of lineup I think could really do a side at the Lane by 4 or 5

Newcastle don't sit back in games, they're too shit defensively to do that. They'll have a go coming forward and that should work in our favour... Except Krul is a wanker.

Newcastle don't sit back in games, they're too shit defensively to do that. They'll have a go coming forward and that should work in our favour... Except Krul is a wanker.
Last season at the Lane, 24 shots 14 on target to their 7 shots 4 on target. They may not have been told to sit back but we definitely made them! I think it will be the same again where we will dictate possession and am afraid that we will just lack that bit of quality to pick a pass and unlock them enough and they could get us on the break

Be a Spursy day and Krul comes out to play, looking forward to it though.

Last season at the Lane, 24 shots 14 on target to their 7 shots 4 on target. They may not have been told to sit back but we definitely made them! I think it will be the same again where we will dictate possession and am afraid that we will just lack that bit of quality to pick a pass and unlock them enough and they could get us on the break

Oh I agree, but their defence is definitely weaker than last season so I have hope we won't get a repeat of last time. I might have to punch a horse if they manage it.

Paulinho, in my opinion, certainly doesn't deserve to start against Newcastle but certainly shouldn't be written off just yet. He should be given more opportunities in smaller games and he could become one heck of a player.

Get the feeling he'll be sold within a year though.

I remember Soldado scored a hat trick in the EL too.

Alot of people have serious double standards lol

Poch rotates alot playing 2 games a week so I'd expect a good few changes against the barcodes but our squad is good enough to win regardless. Their defence is woeful and their midfield aint much better. I like how he's handling the squad as everyone is getting chances to prove their worth and come the business end of the season we should benefit greatly with everyone still being fresh.

Paulinho, in my opinion, certainly doesn't deserve to start against Newcastle but certainly shouldn't be written off just yet. He should be given more opportunities in smaller games and he could become one heck of a player.

Get the feeling he'll be sold within a year though.

I reckon Poch has just taken him out of the firing line so to speak. He was getting relentlessly slagged off and looked devoid of any confidence. I reckon we'll see him getting eased back in again when/if Poch thinks he's ready. If he toughens up abit he could really boss the midfield as the skill is definitely there and he's got an eye for goal and finding pockets of space in and around the box.

[formation=4231, Lloris, Dier, Kaboul, Vertonghen, Rose, Capoue, Mason, Lamela, Eriksen, Chadli, Kane][/formation]

spurs-mens-home-shirt-14-15.jpg

Surely the irony can't have been lost that this (of ALL) season's kit, has every colour under the sun on it!!
surely beyond surely it would send a message out to those who deem fit to meddle, if everyone wore something slightly simpler... like this on Sunday...

1970spurs.jpg

I know I WILL!
Tottenham_UA_Launch_1314_IMG2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom