Swissramble Tottenham Blog

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1. Profit on player sales - we are a selling club.
2. But also much improved sponsorship arrangements for 2014/15 will provide strong addn funds for thfc.
3. We need a bigger stadium

The accounts also reveal how much of the transfer fees are paid in stages with Tottenham still owing other clubs £51 million, while being owed £73 million – though Spurs have received £33 million of the Bale fee from Real Madrid since the balance sheet date.

The majority will surely still be from Real .......:levystare: call in the debt and bring him home. :baletroll:

1. Profit on player sales - we are a selling club.
2. But also much improved sponsorship arrangements for 2014/15 will provide strong addn funds for thfc.
3. We need a bigger stadium
Basically. But every club is a selling club, save for Bayern, Real Madrid and Barcelona (even them, arguably, though under different circumstances).

We really need the new stadium to be able to consistently compete.

MIND THE GAP.

23%2BTottenham%2BWages%2BGrowth%2B2014.jpg

24%2BTottenham%2BPlayer%2BTrading%2B2014.jpg

25%2BTottenham%2BTransfer%2BSpend%2B2014.jpg

Great read as usual from Swiss Ramble.

I don't see us a 'selling club', as that term is often used in a pejorative way to talk about clubs that need to sell to survive. This is clearly not the case for us. Our 'forced sales' have been due to player pressure not economic necessity.

For years I have described us as a 'trading club', and I still see us as that. Indeed under ENIC we have been incredibly successful in these trading activities, racking up a profit of £267m in the last nine years. We've found some incredible bargains of course, especially Bale.

Incidentally the next accounts won't show much of a player profit, IMHO, unless we sell one of our big players in the next couple of months. We might even make a loss on player sales, because the amortisation charge is likely to be very hefty, with Soldado and Lamela et al continuing to cost us big-time, plus this season's arrivals like Fazio and Dier.

When I think about the horribly average squad we now have, then think of the squad we had 5 years ago, then look at that graph at the bottom, it makes me want to put my fist through the screen. I`m going for a lye down... bye.

When I think about the horribly average squad we now have, then think of the squad we had 5 years ago, then look at that graph at the bottom, it makes me want to put my fist through the screen. I`m going for a lie down... bye.
If you can figure out how to convince Modric and Bale to not go on strike and move to Madrid, find a time machine and get in touch with Levy. Otherwise, quit whining about players being rational about their careers.

If you can figure out how to convince Modric and Bale to not go on strike and move to Madrid, find a time machine and get in touch with Levy. Otherwise, quit whining about players being rational about their careers.
Oh OK then. considering we`re playing shite, with average players, and unlikely to spend again this summer, that graph is supposed to bring cheers of joy and laughter is it. Just 2 words for you baby............... Fuck Off

Oh OK then. considering we`re playing shite, with average players, and unlikely to spend again this summer, that graph is supposed to bring cheers of joy and laughter is it. Just 2 words for you baby............... Fuck Off
Oh, I appear to have hurt someone's feelings.

We have a bunch of young players. Not average ones, unless you think they'll never get better.

Kane is excellent. Lloris is excellent. Eriksen is excellent.

The rest are a work in progress. We've got the youngest team in the League, and the intention is to develop them. What were we supposed to do? Spend big buying whatever name floated across the fax machine?

We did that last year, it was such a roaring success.

Berbatov, Modric and Bale all wanted to go. Van der Vart bailed when he found out he'd have to fight for his place. Sandro was permacrocked. We didn't look to sell them through a gleeful desire to run a massive profit, we made lemonade when they became lemons.

But don't let me get in the way of your narrative.

Back
Top Bottom