Supporters home games boycott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pissing in the wind organising a boycott. Best off getting some hatred going in the stands through chants and whipping up the lunatic fringe to target him and his family

Pissing in the wind organising a boycott. Best off getting some hatred going in the stands through chants and whipping up the lunatic fringe to target him and his family
He deserves a lot of shit but I don't think targeting his family is right mate, don't get me wrong he needs to be out of our club but not like that.

He deserves a lot of shit but I don't think targeting his family is right mate, don't get me wrong he needs to be out of our club but not like that.
I’m not gonna do but there are a handful of loons that will take it on…. Sugar was personal and we hounded him out

Guys! Listen up! tens of thousands of us should all write off huge amounts of money so that Vince, who lives in another country, can feel like he’s making a difference

Never heard such bollocks
The unintentionally funny part of all this is that because of Covid there have already been games with nobody in the stands. If the argument is the team will have to make a change because of the impact of one game without fans in the stands we've already seen that.

He’s all mouth and no trousers, doubt he’s ever spent a penny on the club but thinks he can tell people who have what to do
Must admit I am sick of these internet warriors telling supporters who have gone for years as season ticket holders and to whom the football club is in the fabric of their social lifes. That they should stop going so they can win an argument.

I've been going to spurs since the late 70s twenty years a season ticket holder. Friends who I grew up with still meet for beers and spurs. Yet I have to stop going to take down ENIC.

Last edited by a moderator:
A boycott will never work as many have invested financially and emotionally.

Change is hard , a long battle against oppressive owners but it is possible if the supporters have the will to fight for the soul of the club. I don't know if we have that type of supporter and apathy has set in . If the iron curtain can fall, , then there is hope .

Toxicity will fuel change . The owners are looking to the NFL for economic growth .
Large , vocal protests , banners , unrest ,at games and also outside NFL games , boxing etc.
This will kill the golden goose as Spurs will not be the utopian show model to launch permanency outside the USA. It will kill ENICs sponsorship deals as advertisers will not want to be associated with bitterness and anger even if the football team has no ambition.

Surely protest must be more fun and rewarding than watching our football at the moment.

Guys! Listen up! tens of thousands of us should all write off huge amounts of money so that Vince, who lives in another country, can feel like he’s making a difference

Never heard such bollocks
Easy guys. It's a legitimate request, you can choose not to do it. And let's be honest, it wasn't an investment, it was entertainment and you are not getting that. Selling tickets just masks the problem for ENIC. They see bums on seats and beer sold. This could be seen as enabling the slow death of the club, but any decent business will look deeper than that, so it's not going to have a great impact as they already know we're upset and won't be renewing/buying merch.

We vote with our wallets and you've made yourself clear about the time for you to do that, but there are other options (such as Vince's suggestion) which we shouldn't laugh at, just because we don't fancy it.

People with ST’s have already spent the money, but if they were to boycott one game as a unified force and not resale the ticket the club simply can’t fill the seat…one game out of 19……
If others in the same mindset bought tickets through membership or GS and not turn up, again the seat would be empty….The attendance would be well under 30k….

If this was done on a Super Sunday game against a big team there would be no hiding it from the media…..
I know it would be fans basically spending 60 to100 quid to make a point but there is probably no other way to protest without getting hostile in the stands and I don’t think we want the club painted with that brush….

The fans need to be heard, and the only way to hear them is silence in the stands…..

People with ST’s have already spent the money, but if they were to boycott one game as a unified force and not resale the ticket the club simply can’t fill the seat…one game out of 19……
If others in the same mindset bought tickets through membership or GS and not turn up, again the seat would be empty….The attendance would be well under 30k….

If this was done on a Super Sunday game against a big team there would be no hiding it from the media…..
I know it would be fans basically spending 60 to100 quid to make a point but there is probably no other way to protest without getting hostile in the stands and I don’t think we want the club painted with that brush….

The fans need to be heard, and the only way to hear them is silence in the stands…..
This guy gets it

Due to the performance of Nuno, the behaviour of Kane, and the strategic failings of Levy, I am calling on all supporters to boycott the club's next two home games. The Vitesse game will not make much of a statement but the Leeds game will. All spending on club merchandise should cease until demands are met and change implemented.

The supporters demand the sacking of Nuno, a statement from the club acknowledging Kane's central part in damaging the club since the summer, and an ambitious new strategy from Levy that includes a manager committed to an attacking style.

We cannot rely on toothless organisations like the supporters trust anymore, we must organise ourselves and take action.
Most of the post is ok. This part is ridiculous. The club saying something like this publicly would be non-league level. If there’s a problem, they’ll deal with it internally as they should.

You can’t just destroy the value of an asset and go out of the way to publicly belittle a historical player. No other players will want to deal with a club that does that.

Most of the post is ok. This part is ridiculous. The club saying something like this publicly would be non-league level. If there’s a problem, they’ll deal with it internally as they should.

You can’t just destroy the value of an asset and go out of the way to publicly belittle a historical player. No other players will want to deal with a club that does that.
It's a negotiating position, son

Or at least it was, until I had to explain it to you

A boycott will never work as many have invested financially and emotionally.

Change is hard , a long battle against oppressive owners but it is possible if the supporters have the will to fight for the soul of the club. I don't know if we have that type of supporter and apathy has set in . If the iron curtain can fall, , then there is hope .

Toxicity will fuel change . The owners are looking to the NFL for economic growth .
Large , vocal protests , banners , unrest ,at games and also outside NFL games , boxing etc.
This will kill the golden goose as Spurs will not be the utopian show model to launch permanency outside the USA. It will kill ENICs sponsorship deals as advertisers will not want to be associated with bitterness and anger even if the football team has no ambition.

Surely protest must be more fun and rewarding than watching our football at the moment.
It is kind of tempting to see 60,000 shouting ENIC OUT or FUCK THE NFL!

Did not look on TV as there were many gaps in the crowd Saturday but I have not seen the crowd total and it does not seem to be widely published. I gave up my Membership in May because L:evy brought the payment forward and I had no way of knowing if Full attendances were going to be allowed. The Kane saga, Digital tickets, Covid passports and abysmal results have not changed my likelihood of going to a match anytime soon.
I remember years ago I think in the early 1970's when our capacity was 50000, that after a particularly poor run of results that the attendance for a league game V Blackpool was 19000. Not sure why I went but there was no atmosphere at all. However in those days the majority just turned up and paid at the gate but now there are such high numbers of season ticket holders and remaining tickets are bought in advance that such wild fluctuations in attendances are unlikely.

Back
Top Bottom