Supporters home games boycott

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Guys! Listen up! tens of thousands of us should all write off huge amounts of money so that Vince, who lives in another country, can feel like he’s making a difference

Never heard such bollocks

What is paradoxical here? Can you explain?
If you are truly serious about getting ENIC out or making them fix up at the least, it had to come with some form of personal sacrifice.

the board won’t take booing or chants seriously because the stadium is full and the money is rolling in. Our brand loyalty is being abused.

This is why I rate Liverpool fans; Hodgson was crap…. Anfield was less than half full and that forced the owners to pull the trigger.

Likewise when they walked out over a ticket price rise whilst winning 2-0 with 15 minutes left, and the team ended up drawing 2-2.

It’s hurting me because 1) the stadium really is an amazing experience and 2) we’ve got some tremendous pieces of merch this year but, I have to withhold my money.

I understand people all want what they think is best for Tottenham but business people like Levy & Lewis aren’t reached by emotive language. The revenue numbers is what drives them. You can contribute to that.

If you are truly serious about getting ENIC out or making them fix up at the least, it had to come with some form of personal sacrifice.

the board won’t take booing or chants seriously because the stadium is full and the money is rolling in. Our brand loyalty is being abused.

This is why I rate Liverpool fans; Hodgson was crap…. Anfield was less than half full and that forced the owners to pull the trigger.

Likewise when they walked out over a ticket price rise whilst winning 2-0 with 15 minutes left, and the team ended up drawing 2-2.

It’s hurting me because 1) the stadium really is an amazing experience and 2) we’ve got some tremendous pieces of merch this year but, I have to withhold my money.

I understand people all want what they think is best for Tottenham but business people like Levy & Lewis aren’t reached by emotive language. The revenue numbers is what drives them. You can contribute to that.

A walk out would be good. Our fans are soft though, won’t happen.

Also anything linked to events and NFL, protests around that, that embarrass the owners and put off sponsors.

Guys! Listen up! tens of thousands of us should all write off huge amounts of money so that Vince, who lives in another country, can feel like he’s making a difference

Yep Can still go and not buy anything in the ground just go to the pubs instead, like I will probably still go Thursday because I paid for it but just stay local until ko time.

That's the point here, yes.

You're fucken mental. You think your season ticket is an 'investment' and that by boycotting the club for a game or two that you'd be taking a 'loss'. I'm fucken done explaining to you why you're fucken mad.

I know what you mean but Vince isn’t suggesting “ huge amounts of money “ . It’s a ticket price , he’s simply saying would sacrificing £80 help the club in the long term?

I think it probably would have a huge effect if lots did it , but of course it won’t happen

Question: merchandise if we’ve signed a deal with Nike as we have can’t remember figures but let’s say 30million over how ever long irrespective of how many kits, training tops etc Tottenham sell we still get the money that right? But on the other hand the polo shirts, sweatshirts, scarves etc that have the Tottenham name on them a boycott of that gear would have a bigger impact yes/no or make no difference.

Anything to decrease the revenue of the club in the short term will make a long term impact.
Boycott a game or two.
Refuse to buy any Spurs related merch for Christmas.

Wear the Merry Pochmas jumper from a few years ago...

If it was a co-ordinated protest, missing 1 or two games wouldn't equate to a huge amount of money. Plus you save a bit on not having to travel, food and drink. So the loss is fairly small, financially. Easy for me to say I know, it's not coming from my pocket!

The upside is that if a protest made the owners take a bit of action (employ a better manager for example) then your remaining games on your season ticket become far more enjoyable. No more Nuno ball.

Not for me to tell anyone what to do and I'm not a season-ticket holder. But you guys are the ones with the power to make a statement. In my opinion, it's worth doing if enough people are willing.

You're fucken mental. You think your season ticket is an 'investment' and that by boycotting the club for a game or two that you'd be taking a 'loss'. I'm fucken done explaining to you why you're fucken mad.
A season ticket is an investment in the club, not an investment in terms of making money, do you think I’m the wolf of Wall Street or something trying to make a quick buck? I’ve put so much money into this club and I just find it really funny that you, who clearly haven’t, get to tell me what to do with said money and are trying to act like Nelson Mandela from many hundreds of miles away

If you had a season ticket you’d be talking completely differently right now

A season ticket is an investment in the club, not an investment in terms of making money, do you think I’m the wolf of Wall Street or something trying to make a quick buck? I’ve put so much money into this club and I just find it really funny that you, who clearly haven’t, get to tell me what to do with said money and are trying to act like Nelson Mandela from many hundreds of miles away

If you had a season ticket you’d be talking completely differently right now
This is fucken insane.

I've supported Spurs for more than 30 years. I know I'm not a season ticket holder, but in no understand of the word is your season ticket an investment.

I know ENIC are hard nosed businessmen but football isn't a rational business and supporters are not rational "customers". If we were we'd all be queuing up for tickets at Stamford Bridge.

If others wish to boycott in the hope it makes a difference then I wish them well, but it's not for me. I have a season ticket, and so help me god I stay for the full 90 every match no matter how miserable it makes me. Because its still Spurs.

I know ENIC are hard nosed businessmen but football isn't a rational business and supporters are not rational "customers". If we were we'd all be queuing up for tickets at Stamford Bridge.

If others wish to boycott in the hope it makes a difference then I wish them well, but it's not for me. I have a season ticket, and so help me god I stay for the full 90 every match no matter how miserable it makes me. Because its still Spurs.
Fair comment

Back
Top Bottom