Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's not reference to that it's reference to what a clown above posted

Tactical adjustable would be nice to see, but we have no evidence of that unfortunately, despite being on a losing run & the way he is talking in press conferences we will not see tactical adjustments like that

I think Olise & Eze are brilliant players and I'd love them to play their football here, but as I mentioned under this manager it just doesn't fit

If you want the manager to be backed then we need players that fit his system, if you just want the best players then this current manager won't be backed because he has very specific needs, this is an entirely different question
Sorry by tactical adjustments, I meant Olise and Eze adjust to Ange's vision for a winger (stay out wide and firing balls across the box); rather than Ange change his style.

Olise isn't a winger that will go on the outside, so no I don't think he would

We would have to completely change tactics to have our fullbacks go outside not inside, considering how bad we have been recently and the lack of changing tactics, including him saying as much their won't be any changing

Unless we play him centrally, then why would we sign both

bus-conductor bus-conductor would know more tactically

To Dare Is To Do. To Dare Is To Do.

It’s a valid point. Not one I’d even given loads of thought to myself re Olise.

If it’s a “go outside” guy or even a go both ways guy, then maybe Olise isn’t ideal. If it was just about his qualities, I’d still take a punt, because even as a guy who comes inside a lot he produces - and we could maybe adapt and have Porro go outside more. But with Olise, an even bigger problem is the amount of football he missed.

I also really like Eze. On the ball he’s great. But there’s a couple of things that niggle me with him as well. Without the ball he’s a bit light on work. And the other thing is, he needs to want to get on the ball more in games. As a wide forward (he played wide left tonight) those aren’t huge issues - and for that remit I’d take the punt and hope a coach could improve them - but as an 8, those things might be issues for us.

It’s tricky though, because whoever we get will come with compromises, as I’m sure we aren’t going to go and buy people like Kvaratskhelia etc.

Olise is probably the best footballer outside the top 6 clubs. I'd be amazed if he isn't at a big CL title chasig club in the summer.

Decision making, the football IQ, the technique on him. Ridiculous. The only question mark with Olise is his fitness issues.

Such a shame we didn't sign him when we were interested when he was at Reading. Those years without a DOF robbed us of signing some top young talent.

Olise is probably the best footballer outside the top 6 clubs. I'd be amazed if he isn't at a big CL title chasig club in the summer.

Decision making, the football IQ, the technique on him. Ridiculous. The only question mark with Olise is his fitness issues.

Such a shame we didn't sign him when we were interested when he was at Reading. Those years without a DOF robbed us of signing some top young talent.

Its true we have missed out on alot of talented players, we currently have a talented group of youth players who we will waste if not given time

Especially if the £60 million release clause is true

SUMMER TRANSFERS:

GK:
IN- ?? (HG goalkeeper 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁥󠁮󠁧󠁿 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁳󠁣󠁴󠁿)
OUT- Forster

LCB:
IN- Buongiorno

RB:
IN- Walker-Peters
OUT- Emerson

LB:
IN- ??
OUT- Davies

CDM:
IN- Ugarte & Gray
OUT- Hojbjerg & Skipp

CAM:
IN- Bergvall (loan recall)
OUT- Lo Celso

RW:
IN- Olise
OUT- Kulusevski

LW:
IN- Eze & Doue
OUT- Gil & Solomon (No Werner)

CF:
IN- Guirassy
OUT- Richarlison

Last edited:
SUMMER TRANSFERS:

GK:
OUT- Forster

LCB:
IN- Buongiorno

RB:
IN- ??
OUT- Emerson

LB:
IN- ??
OUT- Davies

CDM:
IN- ??
OUT- Hojbjerg & Skipp

CAM:
IN- Bergvall, (Eze versatile)
OUT- Lo Celso

RW:
IN- Olise/ Bakayoko
OUT- Kulusevski

LW:
IN- Eze & Doue/Summerville
OUT- Gil & Solomon & Werner

CF:
IN- Sesko/ ??
OUT- Richarlison
Individual picks seem nice but insane to think all this business could be done by us in the summer.

SUMMER TRANSFERS:

GK:
OUT- Forster

LCB:
IN- Buongiorno

RB:
IN- ??
OUT- Emerson

LB:
IN- ??
OUT- Davies

CDM:
IN- ??
OUT- Hojbjerg & Skipp

CAM:
IN- Bergvall, (Eze versatile)
OUT- Lo Celso

RW:
IN- Olise/ Bakayoko
OUT- Kulusevski

LW:
IN- Eze & Doue/Summerville
OUT- Gil & Solomon & Werner

CF:
IN- Sesko/ ??
OUT- Richarlison

Just the 11 players then (21 deals in total)? 🤔

But then.... :cool:

What are they using for money, magic beans?

There are so many good players across the division at clubs outside the top 7/8 teams. Wharton, Olise, Guehi, Eze at palace, robinson at Fulham, Solanke, kerkez, scott at bournemouth, Toney, Mbuemo at Brentford, a load at Brighton, branthwaite at Everton, paqueta, Bowen, kudus at West Ham.

We dont really have to go far to easily improve the team.
Problem is buying from within the Prem you get your pants pulled down on price. For value have to look abroad.

Back
Top Bottom