Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

him and endrick are the future of brazil pretty much although i think endrick has the higher ceiling of the two
I had a quick look at his highlight reels on YouTube (yeah, I know), but when you've never seen a player play before, what else can you do?

From what I saw, he reminded me of Romario, though a bit stockier. Would that be fair?

If so, count me in for this boy. Romario remains one of my favourite strikers of all time, an absolute joy to watch.

If not, ignore all of the above and as you were... 😉

I had a quick look at his highlight reels on YouTube (yeah, I know), but when you've never seen a player play before, what else can you do?

From what I saw, he reminded me of Romario, though a bit stockier. Would that be fair?

If so, count me in for this boy. Romario remains one of my favourite strikers of all time, an absolute joy to watch.

If not, ignore all of the above and as you were... 😉
not sure but i think if we can nab him we got a striker for 10 plus years at least.

him and endrick are the future of brazil pretty much although i think endrick has the higher ceiling of the two
Judging by what he's done at Barca so far there's hardly any indication that Vitor is even the future of Barca, despite of all the promise he arrived with from his performances in Brazil.
Xavi hardly plays him even when in need of goals - which they often are - and Barca seem to be ready to sell him after only 1 season.
And at 172 cm I don't think he's got much of a future as a CF in the EPL - but he can also play as a WF. For sure he's a player with plenty of potential - but potential alone is, as we all know, not enough...

Last edited:
Judging by what he's done at Barca so far there's hardly any indication that Vitor is even the future of Barca, despite of all the promise arrived with from his performances in Brazil.
Xavi hardly plays him even when in need of goals - which they often are - and Barca seem to be ready to sell him after only 1 season.
And at 172 cm I don't think he's much of a future as a CF in the EPL - but he can also play as a WF.
On thing people should learn. If it's shiny and Brazilian Barca go early. This can mean Neymar....mostly it means Emerson Royale...with cock cheese. This is not something I want us having to stomach again.

But then.... :cool:

.............Cundy & Bent didn't act like footballers either whilst here.

Cundy was the worst defender I’ve ever seen in a spurs shirt and that’s really saying something.
How he has the cheek to spout his bollocks on the radio is beyond belief and if he hates us that much why did he ever choose to play for us?? Money?? I wouldn’t even touch a Woolwich or Chelsea shirt no matter what

Im only half serious, but we have been so shit at Centerforward I'd have given him ten mins there all ready. Weird squad use by the coach.

Have we though.....?

Between Sonny & Rich they have 28 goals....... Accross 35 games, in a one ST system that's a strong strike rate.

The bigger problem is more how the overall attack has been playing and who tactically combines well/poorly with whom. For example, like I said somewhere yesterday; too many times we've starved Richy by playing listless dribbly nonsense; only to take him off and then have the more cross-centric players start pumping crosses in to Son. That's ass-backwards.

At the begining of the season i said we had a lot of bodies and needed to learn who and what we had and who suited us best in terms of how we wanted our attack to play. Has Ange been slow in learning these lessons? Perhaps. It hasn't helped us losing Solomon & Perisic (both who looked useful early doors) alongside Rich & Maddison for big chunks of the season. One can only hope the vision is clear come the summer cos despite our goal tally it's been clear that in terms of general play our attack has been the slowest area of the field to click for us in this formative season.

Despite what one thinks of them individually I think Werner / Rich / Johnson is (or could have been) the most tactically coherent 3. In theory if you have Maddison feeding them from behind you have our most Ange-ball compatible attack.

................But Sonny.

Last edited:
The bigger problem is more how the overall attack has been playing and who tactically combines well/poorly with whom. For example; like I said somewhere yesterday; too many times we've starved Richy by playing listless dribbly nonsense; only to take him off and have the more cross-centric players start pumping crosses in to Son. That's ass-backwards.
So you're saying Ange needs to be tactically flexible in his approach at least a little bit?

Do you think his tactical stubbornness extends to the level where he expects different types of strikers to play in the same way?

Not an accusation, just a question.

So you're saying Ange needs to be tactically flexible in his approach at least a little bit?

Do you think his tactical stubbornness extends to the level where he expects different types of strikers to play in the same way?

Not an accusation, just a question.

No.... Not so much tactically inflexible (although others may construe it as such).... I think he's perhaps been slow in learning who's best at what and how that meshes with what he wants us to do..... I think the selection combinations have been a bit of a clusterfuck.

...............I suspect Sonny is kind of a square-peg in all this.

If he wants wide wingers creating cut backs and crosses then Werner & BJ are the obv guys, but Son doesn't suit that style at ST. However if you're gonna play Rich at ST instead; a lot of the time we've ended up with Son and/or Kulu either side of him and they're not best suited to servicing his strengths either.

.........We're often neither one thing or the other.

Back
Top Bottom