Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

They really do want to sell him this summer.

Not sure I'm buying that we have bid already but we had an interest all the way back to Poch days and he would be a perfect Angeball CM.

Edit: He's on 720k per week. LOL. NEXT

They might want to get him out, but he’d be mad to give up that contract.

Not sure I'm buying that we have bid already but we had an interest all the way back to Poch days and he would be a perfect Angeball CM.

The objectives: win a BD'O, break Halaand's scoring record, land a man on Mars.

Barcelona are desperate for the super league because they pay players like frenkie de jong 720k/ week. Madness.

Assuming it’s true of course

The only kinda clubs that will want to pay c.10m for this hopeless oaf are Leeds, Fulham etc and the deluded fool will be targeting Juve, Milan etc who won’t pay a fee. He still stay and waste a season or be loaned
Stop shitting all over him. He is a good player that doesn't suit this system.

Is this permanent?
Do you know the fee involved — presumably very low (with sell-on?).

Minimal fee - his contract end of June.

He's now just turned 23, and I thought he stood a chance of standing out in pre-seasons 2 or 3 years ago as a CB/DM but that hasn't happened, personally surprised he didn't move 18 months ago. for the sake of his career.

Barcelona are famous for giving players stupid contracts, so I wouldn't be surprised. Would explain why they're desperate to get rid of him for a second season in a row.
Didn't he also accept a pay cut for a couple of years to help them out? Is that 720k per week inclusive of what he is owed? Might be the reason it's so high, even though the initial salary was ludicrous in its own right for a young player who'd only played for Ajax, albeit to a very high level in the CL.

Find me a post where I said that then :thumbup:

This is just like the time when kept saying that I said we should sign him for £50m (didn't happen)
Or when you kept saying that people were saying that we shouldn't sign another CB because he wouldn't get into the team over VdV and Romero. (didn't happen)

Weird habit of lying you have here mate.
Lying!!! Lying!! People are telling lies about signing centerbacks...Shady boi, what I have said and FULLY stand by...your over invested son. You should go for a walk or consider a sabbatical generally. 🙄

Last edited:

View: https://twitter.com/THFCReports/status/1757781732621763010
Our U21s getting a taste of men's football would be great, but I'm not sure the Swedish league would be ideal for that? I'd rather send them somewhere stronger, like the Netherlands or Belgium.

Thru someone I met I was told that in the Belgium league most players just play for themselves in order to be "discovered" - i.e.. there is little team-spirit in the various teams but lots of individualism.
Of course, not all players are like that not necessary in ever team either I guess. Anyway, that's what I was told...

Back
Top Bottom