Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And they will be players in the £30/40 million band that Ange will get bought in the hope he can make them into that next level player. We won’t be buying the finished article, so it will be yet another season of the project. Whatever that is!
Still think Awoniyi would be a great addition..

Thing is, you sign Summerville, he'll cost you no less than 50 incl bonuses. That's a lot for an unproven kid for a start. But if you wanna make money on him, you'd need to sell him for 70-90 mil in the future. That's a bigger gamble than Simons, who's already shown he's elite or very close.

For once this club needs to go for top tier guys, especially when it comes to a forward (or two) and DM.

I agree.

Just have zero faith that they’ll do it

If he's peddling this nonsense and trying to placate the fans being a voice of the club then we might as well just forget it, Son a winger in 2024 and Solomon/Werner - nah that's shit sorry.
Just saw this now. If those are our LW options next season, it will be another write-off year. Nowhere near good enough. Son doesn’t have the attributes to play as a touchline winger anymore. In fact, under Conte last season when we were countering and there was space, he already started declining then.

He needs to fully make the transition into a CF, with him sitting out against very specific teams like Wolves, Westham, Newcastle etc who are not only good, compact teams, but comfortable sitting back and countering. He’s fine at CF in big games and against most mid table and lower teams

I think deep down every Spurs fan knows we could go after players like Simons but we won’t.

Summerville is the first one I’ve watched other than the likes of Kvaratshkelia and Williams where I’ve felt sure that’s a player that will do really well here. Kvaratshkelia is also in the Simons bracket. Williams is a fools hope but a hope nonetheless

Why can’t we go for him? I mean, if we are a serious football club with designs on winning the league he’s who we should try and get.

Why can’t we go for him? I mean, if we are a serious football club with designs on winning the league he’s who we should try and get.
Totally agree. Will we show that ambition or will we go after a potentially future star that takes 3 years to flourish and give our manager no chance to be successful. I’m going to hazard a guess and go for the second option.
Imagine we come out of the window with Tosin,Gallagher,Werner,KWP and a back up keeper🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Totally agree. Will we show that ambition or will we go after a potentially future star that takes 3 years to flourish and give our manager no chance to be successful. I’m going to hazard a guess and go for the second option.
Imagine we come out of the window with Tosin,Gallagher,Werner,KWP and a back up keeper🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
If that happens the fanbase could get pretty toxic and tbh rightfully so...

Entirely possible isn’t it. Some will be calling it a great window too. You just know it.

Any cunt that suggest we buy Connor Gallagher after the last two games is a closet gooner who needs a permanent ban....horrific.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF

Any cunt that suggest we buy Connor Gallagher after the last two games is a closet gooner who needs a permanent ban....horrific.

Jerry Seinfeld GIF
Dont think its the fans suggesting it that we have to worry about. For whatever reason we are clearly interested, maybe Ange, maybe data, add in homegrown and they are over a barrell having to sell cheap and quick which obviously appeals to a certain bean counter. I can see it unfortunately.

Back
Top Bottom