Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We already have two good strikers.

If we have three, at least one of them will be on the bench most of the time.

We still need players in other positions, we can’t another striker to add to the team without offloading one.
Which are our 2 good strikers???

We already have two good strikers.

If we have three, at least one of them will be on the bench most of the time.

We still need players in other positions, we can’t another striker to add to the team without offloading one.
Move Son to the left again. Think we all need to get comfortable with moving Richy on too.

What The Fuck Wtf GIF

Just listened to Lab podcast that Flav and the other guy did about a #9. Enjoyed it as a Spurs fan listening.

Stil don’t agree with them about Toney but I am warming to the idea of a new #9 being the type of profile that could catapult us up a level.

In fact, a lot of people calling for Ange to adjust his system to the prem and I’m starting to think this might be one concession he needs to make. We know he likes mobile press forwards that press and make selfless runs but this is the most physical league in the world and there is a reason it has consistently worked having ac physical presence down the middle.

On the podcast they said Isak would be #1 choice and I’ve also changed my mind on him. He absolutely would be #1 imo.

Is there another one like him because I can’t see Newcastle selling their entire future when they are so well backed.

But we can’t just sign a big unit for this system. This needs to be a player that can press, have pace to get in behind and also a pretty clinical finisher with limited touches.

There's no way PSG are coughing up Barcola this summer, the time to move on him was last summer:

100%.

He's Bappe's heir. Loved by the coaching & playing staff...and the fans. Also, starting for PSG week in week out should/will see him become a regular for France. Last but not least, he's on big bucks already and gonna get a new contract soon...far more money than we'd ever be able/willing to pay him (or anyone).

They'll keep Ramos too. Whenever he gets decent gametime and the right passes, the kid scores. And they have no other No 9.

Barcola - Ramos - Dembele is their starting frontline for next season. Don't see Simons wanna play backup to Barcola, so he'll be sold (for circa 70 mil) or go on another loan...PSG have an exciting kid (Mayulu) who can do that job. Sonny's mate Lee will play backup to Dembele, knowing he can play LW and in MF too.

They'll probably sign a new CF to compete with Ramos as that's just not Kolo Muani's forte. But RKM has been shit on the wing too...kid doesn't even try. I really wouldn't compare him to Isak. He is just living off his WC exploits (still royally fucked up in that Emi Martinez duel) and one solid Frankfurt season...but before that he was a rather anonymous Ligue 1 striker. And he's like 26 already. They might keep him around one more season to deputise for Dembele or Ramos, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid...if a loan was doable, why not...but defo not with that attitude.

Just listened to Lab podcast that Flav and the other guy did about a #9. Enjoyed it as a Spurs fan listening.

Stil don’t agree with them about Toney but I am warming to the idea of a new #9 being the type of profile that could catapult us up a level.

In fact, a lot of people calling for Ange to adjust his system to the prem and I’m starting to think this might be one concession he needs to make. We know he likes mobile press forwards that press and make selfless runs but this is the most physical league in the world and there is a reason it has consistently worked having ac physical presence down the middle.

On the podcast they said Isak would be #1 choice and I’ve also changed my mind on him. He absolutely would be #1 imo.

Is there another one like him because I can’t see Newcastle selling their entire future when they are so well backed.

But we can’t just sign a big unit for this system. This needs to be a player that can press, have pace to get in behind and also a pretty clinical finisher with limited touches.
I think a centre forward is and will be our priority in the summer. Ange won’t be looking at it happy with how our general play from our front has been. He’s already came out and said that it’s the one area that’s not clicked yet and that’s why I think we’ll definitely get a striker and a left winger.

100%.

He's Bappe's heir. Loved by the coaching & playing staff...and the fans. Also, starting for PSG week in week out should/will see him become a regular for France. Last but not least, he's on big bucks already and gonna get a new contract soon...far more money than we'd ever be able/willing to pay him (or anyone).

They'll keep Ramos too. Whenever he gets decent gametime and the right passes, the kid scores. And they have no other No 9.

Barcola - Ramos - Dembele is their starting frontline for next season. Don't see Simons wanna play backup to Barcola, so he'll be sold (for circa 70 mil) or go on another loan...PSG have an exciting kid (Mayulu) who can do that job. Sonny's mate Lee will play backup to Dembele, knowing he can play LW and in MF too.

They'll probably sign a new CF to compete with Ramos as that's just not Kolo Muani's forte. But RKM has been shit on the wing too...kid doesn't even try. I really wouldn't compare him to Isak. He is just living off his WC exploits (still royally fucked up in that Emi Martinez duel) and one solid Frankfurt season...but before that he was a rather anonymous Ligue 1 striker. And he's like 26 already. They might keep him around one more season to deputise for Dembele or Ramos, but I wouldn't be surprised if they got rid...if a loan was doable, why not...but defo not with that attitude.

So that leaves Simons as a legitimate shot at signing a properly elite talent.

The question I have for you or nicoclaesen , @BusConductor, Doc or any of the more scout minded posters, is… is there a dramatic difference between what wet get singing Simons and Summerville?

To my eyes Simons is obviously a level above or maybe 2 levels above but in terms of week to week production in the premier league, I could see them having similar numbers.

I guess Simons has the potential to win games by himself at any level. Summerville is more like a much more talented Trossard when he was at Brighton doing good numbers

The question I have for you or nicoclaesen , @BusConductor, Doc or any of the more scout minded posters, is… is there a dramatic difference between what wet get singing Simons and Summerville?

To my eyes Simons is obviously a level above or maybe 2 levels above but in terms of week to week production in the premier league, I could see them having similar numbers.

I guess Simons has the potential to win games by himself at any level. Summerville is more like a much more talented Trossard when he was at Brighton doing good numbers
The only issue I have with Xavi Simons is his attitude/ego and how he'd cope with the mad London life & all its temptations...he struggled in Paris, though at Leipzig they've kept him focused and I definitely trust Ange to do likewise.

But man is he a talent. He could play LW or even at the 10 in place of Mads. You go for a 4-4-1-1 formation and he could also play that shadow striker role behind Richy/Sonny.

I honestly think PSG will put him on the market for 70 odd mil. We can afford that, same with his wages. The main issue is, he'll have bigger suitors. If Barca manage to get rid of Raphinha and the likes, I bet he goes back...though PSG and Barca hate each other so you never know. Wouldn't be surprised to see City make a bid too, if they cut Grealish, KDB or even Bernardo. Bayern always a possibility. Fucking United too.

Summerville is some player, been absolute class in the Champo and I'd be stunned if that kid doesn't make it big in the PL. If Leeds go up, he sure ain't moving...or they'll sell him but demands that he be loaned straight back. With the way the market has been for some time, they'll value him at 40-50 mil easy...and I wouldn't really want us to pay that for a kid who's still unproven in the big time (though he scored a few last season they were up). Perhaps we could lower the asking price via being sweet on Rodon and maybe they'd be keen on someone like Skippy? If they don’t go up, for sure he's PL bound but would still be mad pricey.

Long & short...one's already a superstar and would take us up levels, while the other is a project and we'd need to be patient/not expect top tier production from the off.

Simons plays left of a 4 man midfield with Leipzig a lot but plays more narrow. Olmo does the same on the other side and it’s the full backs that give them the width. He’d be more suited in our system to where madders or Sarr plays. Summerville is explosive and I really like him and on one v ones he’s a tricky customer but more of a winger.
Go get both🤣

Simons is the one player that’s really caught my attention every time I’ve seen him. He’s got that little burst that within a second he’s gone from his opponent. He likes to play riskier passes too and pops up with goals too. Don’t know his stats but I’d imagine he’ll be touching double figures.

Back
Top Bottom