Summer Transfer thread - 2024

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Just to be clear, I think Gyokeres is a lot better than Solanke.

I just think "doing it for one season" is a thin argument. Not only do some players develop later but you've then got to weigh up what he would bring to the team and is it something we're missing.

HG? Hold up play? Goalscoring striker?

That could also apply to Toney. But then you have question marks over personality traits and I think if you gave Ange the option, there's one winner between those two.

Plus, if we're not including lower leagues for the likes of Solanke. Then Toney has only really had one good season and he's 28!

Solanke (26)
Gimenez (22)
Gyokeres (25)
Sesko (20)
Toney (28)
Osimhen (25)
Zirkee (22)

This is the striker market right now, it's not that great but ST is an important positions for us that we can't mess it up so Solanke is probably the most realistic if we need a player to hit the ground running, Toney's the other one who is affordable who will guarantee goals in this league but he's probably to old anyway.

With you on the competition for places.

Imo every player bar the GK needs to be uncertain if they get the start.

Think you are seeing things with recency bias on UDog and Porro.

Last few games have been poor. Porro has probably been top 2-3 RBs in the prem this season. I’d be shocked if anyone has a team of the season without Udogie at LB tbh
No recency bias, mate...I look at the season as a whole.

Udo loses possession over 10 times a game, often by running into blind alleys or holding on to the rock for too long. He doesn't put in a lot of crosses. He doesn't create many chances. Barely shoots. Mainly, he's made a fair few errors leading to goals...through lack of concentration or lack of effort. Look at the size of the boy, what a superb athlete...so there's no excuse. Hopefully with maturity and a few rockets up his arse, he gets his act together. I'll give him time, he's barely old enough to drink and he ain't the only guilty party. But he frustrates the hell out of me, so much ability, I wanna see it all and most weeks.

Pretty much the same re Pedro, though he's had a better season attacking-wise than Udo. First, he's old enough, been here long enough and gets more than enough minutes to sort his defending out...opposing teams clearly target him for a reason. I also want him to be more clinical...he wastes possession nearly 20 times a game, which is mental...and more often than not his crosses are meh. But having a better RW than Kulu and better FW than Werner or even Richy should help him up his stats.

But I get how they'd be complacent looking at our bench. I love how Emerson and Big Ben always put up a fight, massively respect them for that...but they don't have the skill set to execute Angeball to a tee.

Don't hold your breath........ No-one outside of Saudi would get near that kind of price and even then he may have no intention of semi-retiring to a desert.
Yeah good point.

Some might look at it him and think 55 games 10 goals is a good return.

there is money in the premier league.

Yeah good point.

Some might look at it him and think 55 games 10 goals is a good return.

there is money in the premier league.

10 G / 3 A in 1,374mins = 1 x g/a per 105mins which is extremely good, but how many teams between (let's say) 7th & 20th have £50m strikers (excluding the Chavs anomoly)? ......In fact how many have £50m players in any position?

I think if we can sell Richy for 40-50m and buy Solanke for similar it's a no brainer for me.

Like you said at a good age and a genuine CF something Son and Richy are not.

He's underrated, even without his goals he's a good player and connects well with midfield, is physical, an excellent header of the ball. Defends well from the front and good at defending set pieces.

I think he's ready for a big club.

I’m not sure we could pull that off is what worries me.

10 G / 3 A in 1,374mins = 1 x g/a per 105mins which is extremely good, but how many teams between (let's say) 7th & 20th have £50m strikers (excluding the Chavs anomoly)? ......In fact how many have £50m players in any position?
Yeah, maybe Brentford need to replace the ever departing Toney or West ham replacement for Antonio.

If we were good at selling these would be options for sure

even Leeds and Leicester if they get promoted

Solanke (26)
Gimenez (22)
Gyokeres (25)
Sesko (20)
Toney (28)
Osimhen (25)
Zirkee (22)

This is the striker market right now, it's not that great but ST is an important positions for us that we can't mess it up so Solanke is probably the most realistic if we need a player to hit the ground running, Toney's the other one who is affordable who will guarantee goals in this league but he's probably to old anyway.
List lacks the monster that is Victor Boniface.

>"Why Mykhailo Mudryk can win the Ballon d'Or"

michael GIF

Solanke (26)
Gimenez (22)
Gyokeres (25)
Sesko (20)
Toney (28)
Osimhen (25)
Zirkee (22)

Vlahovic only has 2 years on his contract. Linked quite a bit when we had Paratici but no idea if he's good enough as barely watched him.

Back
Top Bottom