Summer Transfer Thread 2023! - Closed (Maybe)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Rate this window out of 10

Results are only viewable after voting.
This came out of nowhere! What value for money are the investors on Spurscommunity getting really?

How long until our ITK chums elude to them having an idea all along.

"I was told about this one but the last meeting I had with Daniel seemed to suggest this was for the future and not now"
"I knew about this one all along, but couldn't say anything because I needed to protect my source.
Can now confirm that we're looking at a 16 yr old CB, but he'll only join us when he's 18.
Possibly with Perisic going the other way, but that isn't confirmed yet"

#sendmemoney

Luka Vušković, Ashley Phillips, Dorrington, VdV, Udogie, Sarr, Devine, Johnson, Scarlett, Veliz...

Fuck me, give it till 2026, that's gonna be the spine of one of the youngest CL winning teams in history!

Old men Vicario, Sonny, Maddison, Bissouma & Bentancur are just gonna have to keep up somehow!

Clubs need to submit their squad lists to PL by 14.00 on Wednesday 13th.

I'm assuming this will be the list :

GK -Vicario/Forster/Austin
RB - Porro/Royal
CB - Romero/VDV/Phillips/Dier
LB - Udogie/Davies/Sessegnon
CM1 - Bissouma/Hojbjerg
CM2 - Sarr/Skipp/Bentancur
CM3 - Maddison/Lo Celso
RW - Kulusevski/Johnson
LW - Son/Perisic/Solomon/Gil
CF - Richarlison (Veliz)

(16 overseas trained, 2 Club trained, 4 'Other HG', 4 u21's ) - 26 players

No loan announced for Whiteman, so he might be included as another Club trained player and 4th GK. I'm assuming Lloris not included to leave a spare place to be easily filled in Jan, but that might not be the case.

Based upon the first few games performances, it looks like the guaranteed starters are probably Vicario, Romero, Van De Ven, Udogie, Maddison, Bissouma, Son and probably Porro - so that's 7 if not 8 places nailed down, although I still wonder if Royal will replace Porro against the strongest teams to add more to our defence.

Solomon's first game and 2 assists will earn him other chances as will Kulusevski's goal and assist in the first few games. Sarr and Skipp will also play and sometimes be on bench. Richarlison needs a confidence boost, whilst we haven't seen Johnson yet - and he may not even have trained with Spurs !.

For the others such as Hojbjerg, I think they will almost certainly be starting on the bench.

Playing once a week, we shouldn't need a big squad, but I wonder if Ange will take the opportunity to blood a couple of our best youngsters from the bench.

Vuskovic, 16. Our goal is to win the title after 19 years because next season, our rivals Dinamo will go directly to CL group phase if they win the league, and the gap between Dinamo and Hajduk would be too big.

Vuskovic is on transfer list, already approached by City, but would mind if we get some kind of deal where we sell him for 5-6m to Tottenham and get Perisic in package.
So apparently this will happen. In January Perisic comes here, reducing the total fee for Vuskovic. I am better than Romano, I wrote this July 11th.

Yes, as I said, I am better than him 😉 he will post here we go on Silvester Evening, and I am telling you now. Hope you will keep an eye on Perisic so he doesnt get injured till then. And in Vuskovic you have potentially best CB in world in couple of years. In last 12 years, 11 teams that won CL had a Croat in squad, you will have one also after Perisic. Hope it is a good sign for you.

Yes, as I said, I am better than him 😉 he will post here we go on Silvester Evening, and I am telling you now. Hope you will keep an eye on Perisic so he doesnt get injured till then. And in Vuskovic you have potentially best CB in world in couple of years. In last 12 years, 11 teams that won CL had a Croat in squad, you will have one also after Perisic. Hope it is a good sign for you.

'Silvester' evening - can you explain ?

I think Perisic will probably come off bench until January to run at tired legs, so he'll probably be delivered in 'peak condition' !

Based upon the first few games performances, it looks like the guaranteed starters are probably Vicario, Romero, Van De Ven, Udogie, Maddison, Bissouma, Son and probably Porro - so that's 7 if not 8 places nailed down, although I still wonder if Royal will replace Porro against the strongest teams to add more to our defence.

Solomon's first game and 2 assists will earn him other chances as will Kulusevski's goal and assist in the first few games. Sarr and Skipp will also play and sometimes be on bench. Richarlison needs a confidence boost, whilst we haven't seen Johnson yet - and he may not even have trained with Spurs !.

For the others such as Hojbjerg, I think they will almost certainly be starting on the bench.

Playing once a week, we shouldn't need a big squad, but I wonder if Ange will take the opportunity to blood a couple of our best youngsters from the bench.
This is a young dynamic squad. I really don't see a place for Hojbjerg in there.

Back
Top Bottom