Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You talkin' to me ??

giphy.gif

The Vinicius deal gets even better the more you look at it - the risk of a striker flopping, even if they look perfect on paper, always seems substantial. A 3 million Euro outlay on the loan fee is brilliant business to have a season checking that we definitely want to keep him. We're essentially Janssen-proof on it.

I'm not actually sure how Levy managed to get Benfica to agree to that one.
:levywhoa:
My thoughts exactly. Striker seems to be the 1 position that produces most flops

My thoughts exactly. Striker seems to be the 1 position that produces most flops
Indeed. I'd argue the swing in value after one season as a striker in the Premier League is huge - someone expensive that flops depreciates insanely and conversely a cheap young striker that smashes it can suddenly be worth £50m (hello Richarlison).

I'm hopeful that Vinicius has all the tools in his locker to cut it in the PL (tall, strong, quickish, good vision to hold up the ball and feed wingers) so fingers crossed he'll justify the 40m euro permanent transfer if/when it happens.

Rudiger... a player that called a section of our fans racist and triggered a massive investigation. I don't think this is something the club would look to engage with. Not that they support racism in any form but because they wont want the negative sentiments across social media etc.

I could be totally wrong but whoever writes this shit doesn't think about things first.

Most things technical are his limitation, but I still think he has something to offer this season.
I was definitely on the 'kick him out' boat until he turned it around, but you can see the value he brings to the team, even if it's also easy to see how we could upgrade him. One thing I noticed, when Gedson was playing earlier in the week, Sissoko looked much better than him. I was mildly surprised, even though I no longer think of Sissoko as a bad player. His touch and a bit of skill to keep the ball was more than Gedson did in the whole match. I know they don't play the same position, but I'd FAR rather keep Moussa than Gedson.

The Rudiger hate because he "lied" is really alarming to me. This is coming from a white man who has NEVER dealt with anything related to my skin color.

We should trust the man that he thought he heard something. To think our club has ZERO cunts in it is nuts. Go look at the American politics thread. Plenty of racists in here.

Last edited:
The Rudiger hate because he "lied" is really alarming to me. This is coming from a white man who has NEVER dealt with anything related my skin color.

We should trust the man that he thought he heard something. To think our club has ZERO cunts in it is nuts. Go look at the American politics thread. Plenty of racists in here.
Here we go again.

The Rudiger hate because he "lied" is really alarming to me. This is coming from a white man who has NEVER dealt with anything related my skin color.

Please shut up

What’s this? You know for sure he didn’t lie?

I don’t give a flying fuck if he lied or not or that his skin colour’s black, purple or indigo blue, all I know is that he’s a piss poor defender and we don’t need any Chelsea rejects.

Nah, he gave zero scope for confusion following the incident. Saying he thought he heard something is one thing but he treated it as an absolute and doubled down. It was obvious at the time how booing (which he'd earned during the game) would have been the likely cause of him thinking he heard monkey chants.

Thank fuck for all the camera tech in the stadium to disprove it as best as possible.

Pretty sure we won't be getting a centre back

Might be good since we're doing the scatter gun approach and just going for big names instead of someone we actually identified as THE right option.

Can you change your Avatar as we don't want any of our players getting contaminated please?

Rudiger... a player that called a section of our fans racist and triggered a massive investigation. I don't think this is something the club would look to engage with. Not that they support racism in any form but because they wont want the negative sentiments across social media etc.

I could be totally wrong but whoever writes this shit doesn't think about things first.

Or they do. They want the signing to happen so that spurs fans go mad that we’ve signed him and then they can finally call us racist for doing so. Even though we aren’t.

The Vinicius deal gets even better the more you look at it - the risk of a striker flopping, even if they look perfect on paper, always seems substantial. A 3 million Euro outlay on the loan fee is brilliant business to have a season checking that we definitely want to keep him. We're essentially Janssen-proof on it.

I'm not actually sure how Levy managed to get Benfica to agree to that one.
:levywhoa:
Levy didn't.

It was all Mendes & his top man.

:mourloopy:

Back
Top Bottom