Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Putting themselves on the back because Twitter made Levy buy people

Vodka and Charlie time for all the backPoch team. Amazing people. All of them.

It is clear that #backPoch was the key to our transfer window. The power of social media is here to stay.
I’m glad to be in the presence of such influencers. These are the times to be alive for sure.

When the #backpoch YouTube channel appears I will be a fully paid subscriber.
We can all see guys embody the 2019 spirit of To Dare is to Do (a tweet)

Inspirational.

KWP/Foyth-Toby/Sanchez-Jan-Rose/Sess
Ndombele-Winks-Lo Celso
Lucas-Kane-Son

Ndombele-Winks
Lucas-Dele-Son
Kane

Winks
Ndombele-Lo Celso
Dele
Lucas/Son-Kane

Foyth-Toby/Sanchez-Jan
KWP-Ndombele-Winks-Lo Celso-Sess
Dele
Kane

Foyth-Toby/Sanchez-Jan
KWP-Ndombele-Lo Celso-Sess
Lucas-Kane-Son

giphy.gif

I’ve lost count of how many people who said that Trippier was a pile of wank and it was like playing with 10 men,, but now say I can’t believe we’ve let our best RB go and not replaced him..

Anyone doing a psychology degree should be made to study this forum..

I’ve lost count of how many people who said that Trippier was a pile of wank and it was like playing with 10 men,, but now say I can’t believe we’ve let our best RB go and not replaced him..

Some of them do, now, tell me about your father???

Feel really bad...there were some Villa supporters in and I told them I'd be back Saturday to watch the match on my android tablet. They said that was great and they'd see me then, even bought me a couple of pints. Then 'Grandad' came home and realised the kick off was 5.30pm and NOT 3pm. I'll be well oiled by then and home watching the big screen.
I could go back tomorrow and let them know I suppose.....I could......I could...... :roflmao:

You really should
You owe it to them and the black stuff of which I shall be partaking on Saturday 1 min after kickoff!!

What’s best do you think?

Guinness

Murphys
Or my favourite Scottish Belhaven Black??
Absolute nectar

Ndombele-Winks-Lo Celso
Lucas-Kane-Son

Ndombele-Winks
Lucas-Dele-Son
Kane

Winks
Ndombele-Lo Celso
Dele
Lucas/Son-Kane

Foyth-Toby/Sanchez-Jan
KWP-Ndombele-Winks-Lo Celso-Sess
Dele
Kane

Foyth-Toby/Sanchez-Jan
KWP-Ndombele-Lo Celso-Sess
Lucas-Kane-Son

giphy.gif
Nice, but no Eriksen?

While also acknowledging that the midfield was our biggest problem and we basically found the best two players available to reinforce the middle of the field.

I've explained this before, Betis were adamant about getting the €75 million (which they then dropped to €70 million) that they agreed with the player. That was their de facto buy-out clause, one which more resembles how these things work in England and elsewhere. Spurs would still have had to do business with Betis, iron out the nuts and bolts, like payment schedules and so. That isn't how a clausula de recisión works - when this is triggered the buying club has no contact with the seller, who has no say whatsoever in the matter. The buyer does business directly with the player and the Spanish League, who hold all contracts. Spurs would put €100 million (plus VAT) in Lo Celso's account, he would then transfer that to LaLiga who would hand over a terminated contract to Gio. At that point he is a free agent and can then sign for Spurs.

So our serious negotiations with Betis began at €75 million, not at €100 million, as they were prepared to both (a) not try to hold on to the player, offer them higher wages etc and (b) do business with Spurs, unlike the Griezmann case I mentioned.

One case where we sort of paid the clausula de recisión but actually didn't was that of Soldado. He had a fairly low clausula - €30 million - and two suitors, Spurs and Liverpool. The latter were prepared to pay the clause as I set out above, but the player preferred to come to Spurs. Valencia, who were in administration at the time, with their affairs handled by a creditor bank, knew they would get their €30 million one way or another. All attempts by Franco Baldini to get them to bring the price down met with a firm no - why should they? They'd get it from Liverpool. So in the end, we managed to negotiate staggering the payments over two years (we initially wanted three). It worked out the same as paying the clausula although we did our business with Valencia, not LaLiga, and so it was registered as a transfer, not a buy out
If someone put 100 million euros in my account, you'd never see me again....

Back
Top Bottom