Summer 2019 transfer thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Woolwich were just 1 point behind ffs, we have to strengthen regardless. United have bought very good players and weren't far behind either. Chelsea lost Hazard but should never be underestimated.

As I've said, windows not done yet. I'm with most people and think we need a few more signings, but think the melting before the window is actually shut is all a bit pathetic.

Woolwich are now even weaker at the back which is where their biggest weakness lay in the first place. United seem to have bought some good players, but as with any window you never know if they're the right signings until well into the season.

1 point behind us last season.
Took 4 points out of 6 against us.
Also go to a Euro final
They were within touching distance.

Why do you struggle to comprehend they might be better than they were last season?
What makes you think we'll be better than we were?
Do you think Ndombele is going to transform us?
Umm. I think he's saying Woolwich is better.

1467506577505.gif

That’s not good he is well connected at WHL.

As I've said, windows not done yet. I'm with most people and think we need a few more signings, but think the melting before the window is actually shut is all a bit pathetic.

Woolwich are now even weaker at the back which is where their biggest weakness lay in the first place. United seem to have bought some good players, but as with any window you never know if they're the right signings until well into the season.
mate the window closes in 2 days

I have even heard FFP arguments from some Tottenham fans against signing players. They clearly have no idea what FFP is.
Either that, or you clearly didn't understand what you read. I'll wager it was the latter, since I was involved in the FFP conversation and at no time was it ever mentioned that Spurs might run afoul of FFP.

It closes at 5pm on Thursday. It's 16:20 on Tuesday. When exactly should people start panicking? At 16:55 this Thursday or maybe once the window has finally SLAMMED SHUT?!

If this carries on nobody will be surprised if Poch walks and nobody could blame him.

Since it worked last time and we actually signed someone I am going to do it again, I am willing to make a £10 bet with the forum that we will not sign anybody else.

Even Sess who I have been assured has already signed and needless to say, if my mate is wrong I am never asking him for transfer details again because it's embarrassing as fuck.
Deal.

If we don't make moves I'll be the first to admit that it's a huge missed opportunity and that Levy has gone all brown trousers on us when it comes to making the next step. Got to risk a little occasionally and win 48 hours left of this window it's lookingoking as rough as arseholes

Pitt-Brooke? He is indeed. For those not following, he was the first to break the Walker leaving narrative.

We're becoming a fucking joke.
It would be more embarrassing than Grealish because we've been trying to get him for like 3 years.

If we aren't willing to pay dumb prices (£45m is straight up dumb for Sessegnon) for talent than we need to do a better job of securing the Jack Clarke's of the world.

Back
Top Bottom