Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

433 implies eriksen and dele further from scoring and assist positions. Do we have the resources to risk that?

Don't think it particularly matters. They're always up and down the pitch.

Silva was deeper than he's ever been for City last season, yet scored 10 goals in all competitions (he's only bettered that tally once in his whole career).

If players like Toby, Jan, Dembele and Vorm let their 1 year contracts run down, that's potentially 100m or so we didn't take for only 1 more season with us. I think previously we would have sold players that only had a year left and weren't signing new deals so in a way we are risking ~100m for short term success. Think we'll be very busy next year lol

Sorry mate but do you honestly believe the youngsters are going to make a difference like The Dane said? They're probably going to have some good games but they can't make a difference, if you're convinced about it based on the few friendlies they've played in, I have bad news for you.
I know, right!

Fucking Harry Kane, Dele Alli, Danny Rose, Harry Winks, Davinson Sanchez...

Youngsters never make a difference at Spurs.

But that 30m Sissoko. Boy oh boy, he did, didn't he?

The levels people go to justify the absolute shambles of a transfer window. Players are older and another year of experience makes them better - great stuff, we only need the remaining 19 teams' players to all sit on their asses not training and we might do better than them. City demolished the league and still went and signed players. Liverpool were runners-up in the CL, went out and signed players.

We may not feel the impact now, but it will hurt us. Short term not considered, what this clearly shows is a terrible lack of planning, absolutely no clue scouting in place and very bad investment plans for the team. I can only assume that the club has paid account members putting a positive spin on everything the club does here.

Seriously which kind of a football supporter prioritises a world class training facility and stadium over investment in the team. The team is the most important asset to a football club, and shocking there has been such a terrible backing to get that asset better.

Couldn’t agree more.

2fka8y.jpg

*Quiet

Skipp has had a half decent pre-season, but against Girona he was obviously out of his depth. TOB is injured and has gone off the boil, don't know where you're going with that. None of them are ready to meaningfully contribute to our team and throwing them in too early could be detrimental to their development
You said the same about Davinson Sanchez and Dele Alli.

Sit down.

Hence, I said play Winks where Grealish plays and Skipp fills in behind.

Stop trying to get one over on me mate, you're failing.

And no, I wasn't. What I did say is that Griffiths would have been a nice 3rd striker option.

Look at the state of you.

Frothing.

As I said, just give up. It shows your character. Weak. Pussy. No one will miss such a soft, wet blanket.
My goodness you're dumb as a rock. You're a little girl, can't handle it when anybody criticizes you. You're a little bitch who will muddy the waters with insults when you're put in a corner. Little rat who pretends to be better fan than everybody else, but when push comes to shove you don't know anything about what's going on at the club

I said earlier that it couldn’t get any worse with Tony Cottee

Now Merse has rocked up

:pochfacepalm:

My goodness you're dumb as a rock. You're a little girl, can't handle it when anybody criticizes you. You're a little bitch who will muddy the waters with insults when you're put in a corner. Little rat who pretends to be better fan than everybody else, but when push comes to shove you don't know anything about what's going on at the club
I'm a girl, bitch, rat who can't be shoved?

Maybe this is how some windows will go now. If prices keep getting higher, clubs just won’t buy and they’ll turn to youth.

The bigger clubs are stockpiling players now, which ruins the players career but prices them out of moves to rivals (Barkley, Loftus-Cheek, Martial).

I believe Poch had targets, Levy tried to get them, they were either too expensive or unavailable, so Poch has decided he’d rather turn to youth than pay over the odds or get a makeshift in.

Back
Top Bottom