Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think twitter just likes to circulate stories like Brozovic because people are desperate now and will retweet/like anything and everything.
I agree, though this does seem legit - the source is a Croatian site, which claims Inter rejected a €40m bid, but that they would be powerless to resist a €50m bid (his release clause) if Brozović wanted to leave.

They do say they believe Brozović is happy at Inter and that he's more likely to agree a new contract with them than join us.

I honestly don't know why they bother tweeting on the official account today.
:kanehand:

Our social media is terrible with fan relations. Firstly, we're probably the only club that doesn't even see fit to issue any statement on the transfer window, it's not a mistake but intentional. Releasing statements legitimizes supporters' opinions as a factor. I don't think we had a statement (not an announcement) since Arnesen to Chelsea saga.

Secondly, it's like Soviet TV, there could be a war waging in north London and they'll broadcast sunny pictures from Hotspur Way.

I hope the coming months will see the club doing a good process of self-inquiry. The transfer debacle, fan relations, the kit\prices debacle with the new ground.

Son is off to Asia, Dele and Dier are not match fit, Lamela has not exactly set the world alight. It's a very long season.. You don't just have a starting 11.

What's the story with ED?

Had a fairly light WC....

As the press are happy to point out Walker & Stones made it back for the CShield, so why can't a fringe player?

I wonder if the Villa owners are actually open to selling, and just want to make Grealish look the bad guy? They know they need the money, and that Grealish was keen to go. Maybe they want Grealish to kick up a fuss, leading to them selling and then being able to blame player pressure and Levy for it all.

Maybe nothing, but it wouldn't be the first time.

I really like your posts in the forum, balanced guy usually and up for some banter. But your irrational love for sissoko it’s just weird. How will you do when he leaves us for greater things?

He will never leave us

I used to get the same stick when I did the same with Tommy Carroll and Lamela and Terry Fenwick before

It’s all tongue in cheek as I’m fully aware of their respective limitations but I disagree with all the bile that they receive as it’s undeserved

When anyone pulls on our shirt I get behind them, blindly sometimes

To answer your question should he do the unthinkable

Onomah

I wonder if the Villa owners are actually open to selling, and just want to make Grealish look the bad guy? They know they need the money, and that Grealish was keen to go. Maybe they want Grealish to kick up a fuss, leading to them selling and then being able to blame player pressure and Levy for it all.

Maybe nothing, but it wouldn't be the first time.
Correct me if I am wrong. but if you hand in a transfer request don't you negate loyalty clauses or such in your contract as well? By forcing Jack to hand in a request they don't have to pay out such bonuses to him or such.

Remember something like that regarding Neymar (probably not the best example tbf)

Correct me if I am wrong. but if you hand in a transfer request don't you negate loyalty clauses or such in your contract as well? By forcing Jack to hand in a request they don't have to pay out such bonuses to him or such.

Remember something like that regarding Neymar (probably not the best example tbf)

You're right. Then that is where the buying team cover the loss of that bonus in a signing on fee in some cases.

Spurs could still surprise everyone and pull off a couple tomorrow, but it's getting slimmer.

Back
Top Bottom