Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Twitter suggesting we’ve bid 35M for brozovic

Who tbf keeps Kovacic out of the national team
Mad banter at Chelsea getting Kovacic.

rGdKstM.gif

What I don't understand here is where Poch is at, we all love him and think he has done wonders for our Club, that's a given. Didn't he have lengthy talks with Levy about the "future", which is where the 'we must brave' quotes came from.

Now, Poch could have gone anywhere really, was linked with some very high profile Clubs, whether there was any truth in it or not, but I think it fair to say if he had put himself out there, big boys would have come calling - Big boys with a huge budget. But, if we don't strengthen this team while those around us, especially just below us strengthen, it could be we go back to a 5th or 6th place team - hello Thursday nights.... grrrr.

What will that do to Poch's reputation ? Sure he had 2 or 3 decent seasons with Spurs, but people will view it as a blip cos the teams around us were in a state of change and weren't strengthening. Soon as they get their house in order, then status quo is restored. Why would Poch put himself at risk like that ? This is why I and I think many others are still hoping (probably beyond hope) that there is something big going to happen, but we are really getting close to the wire here. Something that he was told that made him put his faith in Levy.

Or it could all just be bollox and he has a fetish for Cheese Rooms and Pie Machines... each to their own I spose !

I'm 90% sure we could start a rumour on this forum about some transfer and it will show up on Sky or BBC. My sources say we put in a bid for AC Milan player Suso.

What I don't understand here is where Poch is at, we all love him and think he has done wonders for our Club, that's a given. Didn't he have lengthy talks with Levy about the "future", which is where the 'we must brave' quotes came from.

This is like marriage, what happens in Vegas stays in Vegas. Same what they discussed when he signed new contract and he will say something else to the cameras.

Back
Top Bottom