Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

One sheep or lots of sheep? They're all satisfied
singular, obviously.

if one had been referring to sheep in the plural sense, then they would speak highly of you
in the singular, it speaks highly of you.

we do, of course, have to make allowances for the fact they don't speak. they bleat. a bit like some posters will be doing later in this topic when the window opens and we ain't signed the specific player(s) they want. Whether Pocettino wants them or not be damned

Punt Llorente and give Deeney a two year contract! We ain't gonna get someone in on the basis of back up to Kane who is wanted by other clubs and is hot property so it's of the age of Deeney 29 he's a fucking nuisance eand it would be his last chance of a contract at decent club! Puts himself about and can score goals no worse than Llorente and Sissoko?

Watford know what they have in in the ugly git. They turned down £25m a while back. That said if he wants to come at a reasonable price then sure he'd be a great late sub.

Punt Llorente and give Deeney a two year contract! We ain't gonna get someone in on the basis of back up to Kane who is wanted by other clubs and is hot property so it's of the age of Deeney 29 he's a fucking nuisance and it would be his last chance of a contract at decent club! Puts himself about and can score goals no worse than Llorente and Sissoko?
Troy Deeney is rubbish. Not even close to Llorente.

Llorente has done ok with his limited time. It's a tough gig. It's not like Sissoko who's had opportunity after opportunity.

Punt Llorente and give Deeney a two year contract! We ain't gonna get someone in on the basis of back up to Kane who is wanted by other clubs and is hot property so it's of the age of Deeney 29 he's a fucking nuisance and it would be his last chance of a contract at decent club! Puts himself about and can score goals no worse than Llorente and Sissoko?

That's not a bad shout actually but I couldn't accept someone at Spurs with a face like that. Bad for the image of the club. And it doesn't look like a problem that could be fixed easily and any attempt to may make it worse.

If Danny is really set on leaving the club then we should be starting looking for a first choice LB.

Ghoulam or Gaya would be my first pick, although either of them likely to cost north of 40m and their clubs will be in CL next season. Will be hard to get either unless they'd want to join us.

Not sure about Tierney though, since the scottish league is semi pro level at best. He may hit the ground running or require 2 seasons to get to the required level. Cheaper option but way too risky.

Ben Davies is doing fine as our first choice LB. Sessegnon is all we need for that side.
Sessegnon won't stay a LB tho. Even if we go for him (I don't think we will this summer) we should be looking at a out and out defender to play backup for gentle Ben.

Personally I'd go for Ludwig Augustinsson at Werder Bremen

Sessegnon won't stay a LB tho. Even if we go for him (I don't think we will this summer) we should be looking at a out and out defender to play backup for gentle Ben.

Personally I'd go for Ludwig Augustinsson at Werder Bremen

Me too. Far to love since we had a Swedish fullback in the team.

Me too. Far to love since we had a Swedish fullback in the team.
Ludde is quality as well and deserves to play in the PL and has a lot of the qualities that Poch likes. win win.

Boy did he dodge a bullet by not signing for the spammers

If Danny is really set on leaving the club then we should be starting looking for a first choice LB.

Ghoulam or Gaya would be my first pick, although either of them likely to cost north of 40m and their clubs will be in CL next season. Will be hard to get either unless they'd want to join us.

Not sure about Tierney though, since the scottish league is semi pro level at best. He may hit the ground running or require 2 seasons to get to the required level. Cheaper option but way too risky.
Even though he shouldn’t be, the most expensive defender in the world was in that semi pro league a few years back. So was the guy who scored a worldie for us at the weekend.

There are diamonds in the river of crap there.

Funny how those who think that Davies is good enough to be first choice LB were also saying the same thing about Trippier last summer and even laughed how we sold our 'backup' RB for 50m.

giphy.gif

Funny how those who think that Davies is good enough to be first choice LB were also saying the same thing about Trippier last summer and even laughed how we sold our 'backup' RB for 50m.

giphy.gif
Look at Davies' performances. They speak for themself. He is definitely good enough

Look at Davies' performances. They speak for themself. He is definitely good enough
Can't cross for shit, can't beat an opponent in1on1 he'd rather pass backward, mediocre ball control, suspect on 1on1 defending.

He's good backup that can step up for cup games against Norwich, nowhere near the level required to be a first choice FB at a top club.

Our best hope is Rose decides to stay, we may never find a player of his ability that would be willing to join us even for a 50+m fee.

At his best Rose is top 5 LBs in Europe imo. Doubt Davies is even top 30 at his best.

The only time Davies had a dip was when Rose came back and thus the weekly rotations began. Kind of understandable, for anyone, too many breaks and you lose your mojo.
I wouldn't mind a youngster coming in to learn from him and play occassionally tbh.
Like around Foyth's age.
I know Rose is good but I just don't have a great feeling about him anymore and given half a chance I think he would be off.
Its such a shame he made those comments, its hard to know if he wants to be part of our team or not, where as before those comments he was a titan and one of my favourites.

giphy.gif
Not all mate.

Think everyone knows my position on Frodo by now. But Davies has always been is a fantastic number 2 to Rose. He has the technical ability that Frodo lacks, I also think he's a more intelligent footballer, he makes the right choices on the pitch. And biggest plus of all is right now he's better than Rose and deserves his place. I can't say any of those things about Tripps.

Can't cross for shit, can't beat an opponent in1on1 he'd rather pass backward, mediocre ball control, suspect on 1on1 defending.

He's good backup that can step up for cup games against Norwich, nowhere near the level required to be a first choice FB at a top club.

Our best hope is Rose decides to stay, we may never find a player of his ability that would be willing to join us even for a 50+m fee.

At his best Rose is top 5 LBs in Europe imo. Doubt Davies is even top 30 at his best.
You obviously do not watch Ben Davies play do you.

Basically you are making out he is rubbish at every aspect of football related to his position.

Might I recommend specsavers?

:pochrolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom