Summer 2018 transfer window

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think Sterling could come into the senior squad and do a decent job as a back up striker. He has great movement and fairly good pace which I believe would suit our needs and team more than llorente or vinny. At some stage the kids are going to have to play anyway.

A Eriksen back-up should be top priority. Somebody like Ziyech or a Bundesliga player (Meyer, Hazard, Demirbay, Amiri).

Then a Kane back-up. I really thought Llorente will do well for us, but if doesn't have the impact in the rest of our season, we need somebody else I think. Wilson is a good shout - just because he is English doesn't mean he is trash. Decent scoring record, more goals per minute than Lukaku. Also Depoitre or Austin.

Agree. Feels like we might’ve missed the boat. Hope I’m wrong
I think Fulham have successfully ring-fenced him for now with a very high price and guaranteed minutes (to keep him happy). But when the current contract is up he will probably want to make the next step, and that would be our moment.

If we can get enough from selling Rose, then Sessegnon is feasible.
Trouble is, Rose’s stock has fallen. He’s barely played, looks unfit when he has & I’d be surprised if £50-60 million would be anywhere near the table for him at present

I think a back up for Eriksen, a CM (that could be the same person), a back-up striker for Kane (since it seems Llorente is one year too old), and ideally one more young centreback.

I think all 3 need to be kids, not "right now" signings, especially the CM/centreback choices, as we'll need them for the long haul, as Vertonghen, Alderweireld, and Dembele age out of the squad. We've got Sanchez, Foyth, maybe CCV, and Winks as the long-term solutions, but will need enough depth to keep them fresh, so we need more guys to add to them.

Punt Llorente and give Deeney a two year contract! We ain't gonna get someone in on the basis of back up to Kane who is wanted by other clubs and is hot property so it's of the age of Deeney 29 he's a fucking nuisance and it would be his last chance of a contract at decent club! Puts himself about and can score goals no worse than Llorente and Sissoko?

Back
Top Bottom