Summer 2017 transfer window or, waiting for Godot

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just realised...

If we manage to pull off Gazzaniga, Sanchez and Diop by the end of Sunday, Walt Walt has won. He knew it all along.
Fuuuuuuuuck.

giphy.gif

I saw Ajax 5-6 times this season, but usually it was their blazing attackers that drew attention and I honestly don't recall this chap well enough to justify 30m for a CB. But it is a position we need to strengthen, Wimmer looks clueless as of late and CCV out of depth for now

Barkley, Diop and potentially Sanchez by next week (although I'm not drawn into the Sanchez news)

Sky have said that we're in for a young GK and an attacker as well. I wouldn't be surprised if we bring 4-5 in. I also wouldn't be surprised if English clubs spend another £500m between now and the close of the window.

Probably have to pay extra because of sell-on clauses and his contract (2021).

Just get him in. Important player to give Dier a break.

We need Dier to be fixed to one position.

I like he's more than capable of playing in different positions but it should be last resort. Playing central midfield is hard and requires a different skill set to that of a centre half. He needs to train towards that. Compete with Wanyama.

Like Toby and Jan.. both Ajax products....

I get that, but up, down, left right... The guy's all over the pitch.... Mind you, I get a chuckle when our WBs crop up on the opposite side... Even Davies is at it these days!

Plenty to like in the clip though(*).

(*Tho' I assume, some of that oppo is pretty shabby.)

I get that, but up, down, left right... The guy's all over the pitch.... Mind you, I get a chuckle when our WBs crop up on the opposite side... Even Davies is at it these days!

Dutch league is very offensively minded. That's why there are so many players that score a lot each year

He was pretty damn good in the Europa League final against Man Utd.

We need Dier to be fixed to one position.

I like he's more than capable of playing in different positions but it should be last resort. Playing central midfield is hard and requires a different skill set to that of a centre half. He needs to train towards that. Compete with Wanyama.

CB: TA / JV / Sanchez ( + Wimmer? / CCV / Dier )
CM Rotation: Dier / Wanyama / Dembele / Winks ( + Dele/Sissoko if necessary + Onomah next year )

I don't think Barkley suits us as an AM; better coached into a box-2-box, however I think we got that position covered until Dembele starts to fade by which time I'm hoping Winks is ready to be that man.... ( Then replenish with next Academy prospect ).

Not sure about the dancing. May have to google some of those moves - but his pace is absolutely ridiculous. Second clip is him against Rashford who is no slouch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom