Summer 2016 Transfer Window Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Hey boy. I'm a fully paid up Lilywhite member.
You, however, are an outed member of Woolwich-mania..... Regularly posting on there with one hand down your pants. It's time to stop all this denial stuff once and for all.
Yawn

Go wank to some of the Stadium pics you clueless mouth-breather

Hey boy. I'm a fully paid up Lilywhite member.
You, however, are an outed member of Woolwich-mania..... Regularly posting on there with one hand down your pants. It's time to stop all this denial stuff once and for all.
Hey arc', how come you disagreed with this post. I don't understand. Anyway at this rate we'll finish up in the toilet together.
Back on topic,..quick.. which area of the squad should Spurs be looking to strengthen next ?

Michael-Jackson-Popcorn.gif

I love Poch and can't stand shorthouse Levy but staying with out depth Carroll and Mason is a travesty.
Others have recently constantly underelivered such as Benty , Chadli etc when they have had an opportunity . In my mind it would be no travesty if they went ,
if we seriously want to establish ourselves as serious title challengers or put up a decent run in the champs
league.
Yeah I know ENIC Out, right?

So ryan mason's mate that posts on glory glory (and is very reliable and not a bullshit lying itk) just confirmed that poch has told Benteleb to find a new club and is not in his first team plans.

Someone has edited the Leonardo da Silva Lopes wiki:

Leonardo da Silva Lopes (born 30 November 1998) is a Portuguese professional footballer who plays forPeterborough United as a midfielder. He joined Tottenham in July 2016 and was loaned back to Peterborough for the season 16/17

We were supposedly after more youngsters this summer, would make sense

All these people wanting rid of the likes of Mason and Carroll are missing a relevant point in that very few squads have 25 first teamers. You need squad players to bridge the gaps, are perfectly capable of producing against lower premier league/domestic cup teams and not kicking up a stink when they get dropped against the big boys. Look at the burnout of Kane last season and that was entirely without the league cup. You cant play every game.

All these people wanting rid of the likes of Mason and Carroll are missing a relevant point in that very few squads have 25 first teamers. You need squad players to bridge the gaps, are perfectly capable of producing against lower premier league/domestic cup teams and not kicking up a stink when they get dropped against the big boys. Look at the burnout of Kane last season and that was entirely without the league cup. You cant play every game.
Absolutely, but in this case we've got about three squad players at central midfield whose potential seems to have maxed out, and none of whom will be able to handle the CL, I think.

I'd sell two and try to bring in a proven midfielder to deputize for Dembele.

Absolutely, but in this case we've got about three squad players at central midfield whose potential seems to have maxed out, and none of whom will be able to handle the CL, I think.

I'd sell two and try to bring in a proven midfielder to deputize for Dembele.

It's true. The biggest drop-off of talent in our squad is Dembele and whoever replaces him now.

Need a proper replacement in the worst way.

Back
Top Bottom