Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
You just know BMJ wanted to nut the French twat.

Didn't BMJ say in the press conference after that Wenger mustn't have realised what he could have done to him or something?
I have been told by people older than myself that BMJ was a fucking horrible player, apparently hard as they come.

Jol_1721178a.jpg

That's the face of a man that isnt scared of dishing out a right hander when its required.

Anyone know what fee we got for him?
While I think the final decision was up to Scotty for choosing between QPR vs Fulham ... I think we kind of have to give some credit to Levy for a good deal done.

If Scotty was going to move to QPR ... we would have got 2 million GBP ... BUT ...
Scotty going to Fulham ... gives us 4 million GBP.

And remember ... I think we bought him for 5 million GBP ... So again, Good work Levy! :levywhoa:

Ahhh BMJ ... the memories :)

I loved that story he told (I think it was at a fan day or something ... maybe about the Mendes-ManU non-goal?) where he had asked the official if he was allowed to call the ref a cunt ... the official says, no you can't say that ... BMJ then asks if it's ok for him to think that the ref is a cunt ... the official say, you can think what you want ... so BMJ says, Well then I think the ref is a cunt!

While I think the final decision was up to Scotty for choosing between QPR vs Fulham ... I think we kind of have to give some credit to Levy for a good deal done.

If Scotty was going to move to QPR ... we would have got 2 million GBP ... BUT ...
Scotty going to Fulham ... gives us 4 million GBP.

And remember ... I think we bought him for 5 million GBP ... So again, Good work Levy! :levywhoa:

And Parker turns 33 in two months

he's the man

that's class, he takes it on the chin for Bent who was turning trying to duck out the way the pussy

Scotty brought a whole lot to this footy club in a short space of time, the guys one of the last of a dying breed in the modern game.

Last edited:
Should get a good welcome to the lane along with bmj when Fulham come to town.

...well he'll have half the ex-Spurs squad to compare 'receptions' with!

I think Adel would warrant 'polite applause' seeing as he hasn't exactly done anything 'bad' to us, except be a little greedy in possession! Bent will probably slip in unnoticed, but I image the usual; "we hate you 'cos we loved you" style reception will be saved for Andy Garcia!!

With Hudd gone now Parker and BAE imminent we've lost/losing a big portion of our good Hair club. :klinsmann:

So we were in for Damiao to help 'replace' the Bale goal celebration... that fell through 'cos Bale's obviously staying!
Now we're being linked with Will.I.an to replace THudd's afro... no doubt THudd's PERManent deal will now help seal the deal...
....but fear not Parker fans.... we still have Holtby, Daws & Jan to keep up the '50s blond side-parting 'look'!

So far, I have really enjoyed the business done in this transfer window and its potential of what to yet bring.

The outgoings:

We brought in 4 great signings, and the club did very well to get rid of the leftover deadwood and their wages.
I think we all are content with the players now at Spurs.
But next in line to leave is most likely BAE, who we probably would replace with another LB.

After that transfer, I think we have sold all the players that we don't need. All that's left are loan deals for the youngsters.If there's any player yet to be sold ... it is probably one of Defoe or Ade.

IMO ... we have to keep Defoe.
1. He is a club beloved ... as he once said ... he bleeds white and blue!
2. Looking mainly at his skills...
Defoe is a player who could score without any service and can make his own chances. In the contrary, Soldado is a greater poacher than Defoe, but Soldado lives off of service to him. If you see his stats for last season at Valencia, you will see that he scored all his goals inside the box. In addition to that, we also need a striker (like Bale), who can scores goals outside the box and can create his own goals. Defoe is someone we already have in that mold.
While he may not be near Soldado's level, Defoe offers something much more different, which can be a huge asset - especially when coming off the bench or when we desperately need a goal.

Adebayor ...
is a good player if we look at his loan season at Spurs.
But if he can reproduce that stellar form he once with Spurs and Arse-nal ... that is another question.
Ade too is a different player to Soldado and Defoe. He is more of a holding-the-ball striker. And with his target man approach and his intrinsic skill set, he also is useful at the right times. The problem with Ade is obvious: his past season, his wages, his lethargic games, and his tantrums..

If Ade goes, there would always be the question whether if he could have regained his form. But Defoe has more contrast to offer than Ade. Plus I think Defoe would be more content than Ade being a second choice striker. As AVB once said, Defoe's a player we can always rely on.

In summary, If we keep the current 3 strikers, it's alright ... they all are different.
But if one has to go ... it should be Ade.
And in replace AVB can bring whatever striker he wants ... probably a new youngster.

This transfer window roller-coaster, I just feel like we've been on that clicky bit that slowly and labouriously hauls you to the top and you just reach the point where you can see it starting to level out, and you hold on tight for the next bit....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom