Summer 2013 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, Inter to finally let us have Leandro???

Well, apparently they have just signed his replacement, Scocco from the very Spanish-sounding Argentine club, Newell's Old Boys... and here is their club logo, I kid you not!!

242px-Newells_Old_Boys_logo.svg.png

Well, apparently they have just signed his replacement, Scocco from the very Spanish-sounding Argentine club, Newell's Old Boys... and here is their club logo, I kid you not!!
Are you raising your glass for Chadli!!

My guess is he's off to Napoli mate.

Besides, I doubt we have been back for him this window at all. AVB said the I interest was over in January and it just seemed like we had bid as much as we were ever going to for LD, and now we look elsewhere.

Bring on Charlie Austin!

Considering it was Scottish and english sailors who brought the sport with them you can hardly be surprised that a few of the clubs made then stuck.

Bale has become terrible at it... Seems to think that he doesn't have to do it anymore because he's so good going forward...

I would like to meet him for a day and make him watch Ribery, Robben, Müller, Kuba, Reus and Alaba from last season to learn how to play as an inside winger and to get tracking back again :parker:

Given the impact he has had this last season I wouldn't change a thing. Sure he doesn't track back but so fucking what when he's scoring a goal a game on some stretches!

I think with the other players we have, we can afford him that, personally.

To my knowledge, in a 4-3-3 formation, especially with our central midfielders being pretty damn good defensively, the midfield not only protect the centre backs and congest the middle of the park, they also provide cover for the full backs. Because they have 2 other CMs, they are free to move over and provide cover for a full back if they need it. If the ball is switched, they get more central and one of the others helps out on the other flank. This makes a winger tracking back less important

Regardless, I still like Lennon. He's been fantastic for a number of seasons, and some of the moments he's had, Woolwich this season and Milan in the CL to name just two, were amazing. Until Chadli proves himself, I'm not sure we should be talking about benching Lennon just yet. Besides, there are plenty of games to go around

Regardless, I still like Lennon. He's been fantastic for a number of seasons, and some of the moments he's had, Woolwich this season and Milan in the CL to name just two, were amazing. Until Chadli proves himself, I'm not sure we should be talking about benching Lennon just yet. Besides, there are plenty of games to go around

I don't get the Lennon love, he had an average season he may have been amazing in 5 or 6 games (the Utd home game by far his best) but he was shit in another 9 or 10. The other 30 in between were nothing fantastic and Sigurdsson was better than him in the second half of the season.

Given the impact he has had this last season I wouldn't change a thing. Sure he doesn't track back but so fucking what when he's scoring a goal a game on some stretches!

I think with the other players we have, we can afford him that, personally.
My main issue with his current wingplay is not the tracking back though, it's the timing of his runs inside. Compare him to Müller, Ribery, Reus or Robben and you'll see players who stay wide until the WB is more often than not ready to be the teams winger. Our "wingers" last season once bale moved over to the right last season were far too eager and early to move inside, which left heaps of space for the WB to cover and no real outball. Which in turn resulted in a loss of possession and our WB's under so much pressure they couldn't cope (basically 2-3players against them alone as the winger infront was either too far up the field or far too far inside the field or a combination of the two.).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom