Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
I dont think we need to be worrying about replacing modric, as its obvious you cant just find a replacement for a player like him. We've got siggy and vdv, thats enough for me. I haven't heard that he's been to madrid at any point, and with the rest of the month to go, we don't know whats going to happen. The fact is that he may still be a tottenham player by the end of the transfer window, and if he is he'll get his head down just like he did last year and have another brilliant season.

No player is bigger than the club, as levy is proving. Therefore modric does as he's told and won't go unless levy gets the amount of money he wants.

I have it on good authority that we are signing the prince of bel air. My source? His cousin, the king of bel ends - his highness I. Tok Krupp

jamie gentz said:
The thing with adebayor is that he has been a highly paid footballer for years now. Before the ridiculous wages at city, he was highly paid with the scum. I know he does a lot for charity which is more than many other players and he should be praised for that, but if he is prepared to spend the next two years in cities reserves, just so he can continue to earn ridiculous wages rather than play regurlarly for one of the best sides in the premier league , while still on good wages then he truly is an idiot
Would I rather get the fat end of £150k a week to do very little, or £90k a week to knock my pan in every week, out in the pissing rain getting kicked to fuck by the likes of Richard fucking Dunne......

Well, call me all the idiots under the sun and question my ambition as much as you like. I'll not be able to hear you. I'll be in Manchester, doing shit all, except spending my extra £6m over two years.

I'm assuming I'm alone in this? Maybe it's a Scottish thing to not want to work a lot harder under a lot more pressure for a lot less money? I get paid plenty for doing not much. It's great.

gaz said:
i'd rather play football.
And I wouldn't call you an idiot for doing so, it's an admirable stance to take.

I'm inherently lazy and just think a few million quid is a lot of dough, no matter how many more millions I have.

AberdeenYid said:
Would I rather get the fat end of £150k a week to do very little, or £90k a week to knock my pan in every week, out in the pissing rain getting kicked to fuck by the likes of Richard fucking Dunne......

Well, call me all the idiots under the sun and question my ambition as much as you like. I'll not be able to hear you. I'll be in Manchester, doing shit all, except spending my extra £6m over two years.

I see what you mean but I just can't believe that a professional footballer with that much talent would just waste the last couple of years of his prime in reserves for an extra couple of million when hes a millionaire already!

I think he will come to spurs, just very late after hes milked Man City dry... :adegrin:

The Victor Moses to Chelski rumours seem to be doing the rounds again. A Danny Sturridge replacement?

I think Moses is worth a punt at the sort of 10m mark the press think he'll leave for, but Sturridge is a few years closer to being the finished article and AVB knows what he'd be getting. Or has our interest in the lad fizzled out? It would be amusing to see Chavski stockpiling players further up the pitch too :D

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

I understand the more money aspect but its about the glory, end of. Couldn't give a fuck wether or not I had 1 huge pile of cash or two huge piles of cash when I'm retired, was going to continue this but realised Ade would probably get silverware from Citehs training ground than he would at Spurs, piss the world.

Who was it that officially announced that we had agreed a fee for Ade? Would we all be making a fuss if this hadn't been announced to soon?

As for Ade being greedy, it's not as if there is a rush for the deal to go through, he knows the team, he knows the club. Besides which generally it is the agents pushing for more cash. He has probably told Ade, hold out and we can get x y and z from Citeh. :adegrin:

I think the fact that Ade is wanted by lokomotiv as well is something we can't compete with money wise. However, the racism in russia is something that we can guarantee he won't have to face at spurs.

COYS_Staines said:
I think the fact that Ade is wanted by lokomotiv as well is something we can't compete with money wise. However, the racism in russia is something that we can guarantee he won't have to face at spurs.

errr 'his dad washes elephants'? :saha:

[tweet]https://twitter.com/Matt_davis95/status/231727925483937793[/tweet]

I can't see AVB playing him along Sandro but more as a cover/replacement or can he ... like a mid trio of: sandro-VDV-M'Vila ...

IDK, all I know is there's 2 weeks until the first game ... Use some cash & buy a striker!

lol sorry ill clarify. other players that are abused with racism in russia; a.k.a roberto carlos, ended up walking off the pitch, here in england, the level of racism is nothing compared to russia so basically he'd be better off in enlgand. i haven't heard the song about his mum and dad last season from spurs fans, maybe from the woolwich wonderers but he played with a smile on his face last season and i dont think you'd see that from him in russia.

SinghYid said:

I can't see AVB playing him along Sandro but more as a cover/replacement or can he ... like a mid trio of: sandro-VDV-M'Vila ...

IDK, all I know is there's 2 weeks until the first game ... Use some cash & buy a striker!

I hope this isn't true, M'Vila has been on the decline for the last two seasons and Rennes can't shift him off to anyone not Intern not Bayern and not the scum who all rejected the chance to sign him but here we are trying to sign him up.

He looks like a decent player, massive upgrade on Livermore & Jenas. But yes this striker situation is concerning. What happened to the ITK people saying Adebayor 100% ?

SadlerTHFC said:
He looks like a decent player, massive upgrade on Livermore & Jenas. But yes this striker situation is concerning. What happened to the ITK people saying Adebayor 100% ?

They were lying....... :vdv:

WinterWarrior said:
SinghYid said:

I hope this isn't true, M'Vila has been on the decline for the last two seasons and Rennes can't shift him off to anyone not Intern not Bayern and not the scum who all rejected the chance to sign him but here we are trying to sign him up.

He's 22 years old, how can he be 'on the decline'?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom