Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's my point, neither do I, but the assumption is Adebayor is being greedy. What if...what if it was Levy fucking around on the fee? It's not always about them.

I've actually assumed it was the other way so far but thinking perhaps not.

spooky said:
That's my point, neither do I, but the assumption is Adebayor is being greedy. What if...what if it was Levy fucking around on the fee? It's not always about them.

I've actually assumed it was the other way so far but thinking perhaps not.

I like the way people think : Levy haggles on the fee and salary : hero. A player wants to get the maximum out of his deal : greedy

spooky said:
Absolute bollocks in the ITK thread re: Adebayor.

I've read in a few places that RVP absolutely hates Ade over the crap he pulled in the first match after he went to City (kicked him in head, stomped on arm ... RVP later said he obviously tried to do it), and won't sign while/if he's a player there.

Any chance they may just back off and do this just to get rid of him and buy RVP?

Sounds a bit contrived, but i can certainly imagine it ...

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/33932...stamped_and_kicked_robin_van_persies_head_hd/

SadlerTHFC said:
spooky said:

I don't think anyone knows what's going on with Adebayor. I presume that the deal looks unlikely considering how long its taking.

I am pretty sure it's just a money thing. The Ade deal dragged on all of last summer and I fully expect it will do the same this year as well. The closer we get5 to the transfer deadline day, the closer we will be to an agreement between city/spurs/Ade.

I am sure it will happen - just a matter of when.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/foot ... 05259.html
:parker: :parker: :parker: The only acceptable excuse for missing out on Sahin even though we have the Rat factor on our side is that we've already got a deal for Moutinho lined up...which I doubt. :avbcringe:

Regarding Sahin and I know this has been touched on before but I really do think we are too good and big of a club to get players on loan. Yes we got Adebayor on loan last season and he was brilliant for us but also an exception because we got Man City to pay for half of his wages.

SadlerTHFC said:
Regarding Sahin and I know this has been touched on before but I really do think we are too good and big of a club to get players on loan. Yes we got Adebayor on loan last season and he was brilliant for us but also an exception because we got Man City to pay for half of his wages.

I definitely don't want Sahin on a loan, but what prevents us from arranging a permanent deal? 30mil + Sahin, take it or leave it -> Sahin in a Spurs shirt next year. :bae: But what upsets me most is...I JUST REALLY DON'T WANT TO SEE HIM AT WOOLWICH. :vdvcry: Even if it's just a loan...

SadlerTHFC said:
spooky said:

I don't think anyone knows what's going on with Adebayor. I presume that the deal looks unlikely considering how long its taking.

I'm assuming it's the same thing that held up the Vertonghen deal, the only difference being that Adebayor is more persistent in wanting his cash from City than Vertonghen was from Ajax...

ArtyB said:
SadlerTHFC said:
spooky said:

I'm assuming it's the same thing that held up the Vertonghen deal, the only difference being that Adebayor is more persistent in wanting his cash from City than Vertonghen was from Ajax...

Nope , In the end Ajax just accepted the deal (and if rumours are correct we upped our offer a little bit to cover part of the loss)

Belgian Spur said:
Nope , In the end Ajax just accepted the deal (and if rumours are correct we upped our offer a little bit to cover part of the loss)

Maybe City will do the same...like fuck they will, but you never know...

ArtyB said:
SadlerTHFC said:
spooky said:

The only thing that links those two deals is our chairman.

ArtyB said:
Eskimo said:
The only thing that links those two deals is our chairman.

I thought the Vertonghen deal was held up because he wanted a payment from Ajax...

He wanted his part of the fee but the difference is that he had a contractual clause they wanted him to forsake whereas Ade (as far as i know and thats not very far) is just demanding extras.

He might be greedy but if were him and i was negotiating with a club like that , i'd be greedy too. After all they reap what they sow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom