Summer 2012 Transfer Window DISCUSSION Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah, what the fuxk is going on. That itk was a load of nothing, I don't care if the story is real or not. Literally none of that information couldn't have been found from a 5 minute look at newsnow

MKYid said:
What you're essentially saying is, when the cabbie goes home and puts in to print, complete with speech marks, what Lennon said, you'll believe every word of it but untill that time, the cabbie doesn't exist.

No what Im saying is that I dont know anyone footballers, or anyone they know, so I trust certain news outlets. As I have no other credible sources. For example, if I read a quoted interview on the BBC, or Skysports, or in the Guardian, I will trust those quotes if they go un disputed.

I think there is a law against libel, so speech marks crediting the quotes to a person always strengthen its credibility in my opinion. There are other news outlets I dont trust....but even those are accountable to the law. So if they have direct quotes, I MIGHT believe the quotes, although I will be aware that these less credible outlets put whatever spin they want on things.

Now, let me see....where does your cabbie fit into all this? Hmmm, thats right, he doesnt. He is a non entity, who may or may not exist....and even if he does, he revealed fuck all. Which was my only point when I ITK bashed him.

Go on mate, keep trying to stay credible by acting like Im the naive one. Jesus Fucking Christ on a bike.

S.L.R said:
What the fuck are you lot arguing about? ITK, red tops, it's all the same old shit we get every window. Sammy isn't exactly being controversial, here.

Cheers mate. The high horse brigade acting like they never slated a rumour before. Fucking hell.

Everyone just......

the-pope-kissing-ahmed-mohamed-el-tayeb.jpg

S.L.R said:
What the fuck are you lot arguing about? ITK, red tops, it's all the same old shit we get every window. Sammy isn't exactly being controversial, here.

No ones really arguing - Sammy is just the easiest person to get a bite from when everyone's bored.

2483597-496777-silver-small-fish-on-a-hook-against-the-blue-sky-rivers-and-green-trees.jpg

ITK POSTED ON DML:

Not sure why but a post I sent earlier didn't appear to make it through, but below is basically what I said at the time (around 2.30pm)

Nipped to the Spurs store at WHL where I used to work and so I managed to catch up with a few old colleague who still work there. In amongst all the chat I got a few snippets of info about the what's going on (i.e. the third kit is definitely that black-and-grey kit we've all seen leaked) but there was one bit that really intrigued me. When talking about our the reported new-found money I told them a couple of rumours I had heard which could account for this (1. that Joe Lewis has apparently decided to pay for the new stadium out of his own money, and 2. the naming rights have already been agreed etc.). One of my friends then told me that the Prince of Brunei was scheduled to arrive at WHl at 3pm and be shown round. Now of course this could mean absolutely nothing, but at the same time I found it quite interesting and felt that I should pass this on. Like I said, I sent this message (albeit slightly more condensed as I didn't have much time) earlier but having checked back here just now I can't see it anywhere...

Aug 2, 2012 at 11:02 PM | N14 Spur

:levywtf:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom