Steveomgage & other pre-season friendlies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprised nobody mentioned Brad yet, I thought he looked pretty wobbly that half. Defoe should've banged one in at the start but I wouldn't say we've been outplayed or unlucky to be behind. Very average game so far, nothing to shout about yet!

Really hope we don't have to start the season with Defoe alone up top

qq0K1.gif

BUY A STRIKER!!!

Abbey Yid said:
Surprised nobody mentioned Brad yet, I thought he looked pretty wobbly that half. Defoe should've banged one in at the start but I wouldn't say we've been outplayed or unlucky to be behind. Very average game so far, nothing to shout about yet!

True, the game against the Red Bulls livened up in the second half so fingers crossed.

Abbey Yid said:

This is important. Best team outside Real and Barca in Spain and we're giving them a good game with probably our weakest centre midfield and no proper centre forward.

Wanted to see a Siggy free kick not a short pass to Benny while they're all standing around the ball instead of in the box to give him something to aim for.

YidoBuckler said:
Abbey Yid said:

This is important. Best team outside Real and Barca in Spain and we're giving them a good game with probably our weakest centre midfield and no proper centre forward.

Yeah but this could easily be our starting XI next weekend if we don't make any signings. That worries me majorly.

Gallas was great in the CL season and protected us many times, but it's time for him to go.

SadlerTHFC said:
No one should really moan at Defoe, he's playing upfront on his own against a team who came 3rd in the La Liga.

Good team or not, it makes no difference when he gets an easy chance in front of goal. I'm more angry at the fact we're having to play Defoe on his own because Levy hasn't bought a striker, but Defoe doesn't help my mood watching him miss easy chances. He's supposed to be a natural finisher.

YidoBuckler said:
Abbey Yid said:

To be fair they were absolute shit last year and most supporters aren't too enthusiastic about this season either. Absolutely nowhere near either Madrid or Barca, and must point out that they also have no centre-forward and are missing their best CB!

I also feel I should inform people that Jonas never ever hits shots like that, that was unreal.

EDIT: Also, relax. It's just a friendly.

Jonas looks pretty special, at kicking a ball anyway, reminds me of Juninho Pernubelamcananaoash (possible sp) the way he strikes and crosses the ball :gazza2:
Spurs looking more 'match fitter' on the whole, Bale looks frustrated and needs to run past at least 30 more people to get his testosterone out :bale2:
Spurs 2-1
:sigg: + :defoe2:
:avbshit:

Abbey Yid said:

he's looking his age!

We always look good until we concede, then the energy/confidence seems to drain... I'd love to think of us as the type of team who can go 1-0 down, get angry, and fucking come storming back with 5 in reply... as if to say; "you wanna go 1-0 up Punk? DO ya? Fine, 'ave summa THIS; BANG-BOOM-SMACK-WALLOP-GOODNIGHT!"

Sadly, we'll probably have to go 2-0 down before we look bothered!

stilllllllllllllllllllllllllll s'only a friendly innit? good excuse for a piss up in Spain!

Abbey Yid said:
EDIT: Also, relax. It's just a friendly.

I think it's fine saying that in the middle of July when they've just come back for training. We're now just over a week away from the first game of the season.

Back
Top Bottom