Steveomgage & other pre-season friendlies

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eskimo said:
Anyone know if Watford is sold out?

Best to call and find out

All remaining tickets for Spurs supporters for this match will now be sold by the Tottenham Hotspur Ticket Office. These tickets will be available to purchase from 9.30am on Wednesday, July 11.

Tickets prices are: £15 (Adults), £10 (Over 65 and 16-19 Yrs), £5 (Under 16).

To purchase a ticket please call 0844 844 0102 and select OPTION 2, or visit the Ticket Office in Park Lane in person. Tickets can be purchased between 9.30- 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Anyone know if the Watford game will be on Spurs TV? If not televised, at least radio commentary? I checked the club website but it is not listed.

I bought a special package subscription last spring so that I could catch a couple of games that were either not being televised in the US or taped delayed so that I could at least listen in real time.

I forgot about the subscription becoming a recurring debit until checking my online banking earlier today and finding a new charge. If I am paying for it, I'd better get some utility out of it! Hopefully, there will be something for Watford.

Spurs XI line-up v Northampton - Archer; Smith, Hall, Ekong, Stewart; Bostock, Parrett; Fredericks, Mason, Ceballos; Coulibaly. Kick-off 3pm

New look midfield for Spurs XI with Bostock, Ceballos and Parrett getting only their 2nd games of pre-season and Fredericks his first.

Archer and Adam Smith return from the USA tour and go back into the Spurs XI team.

Subs: Giancarlo Gaulfuoco, Jon Miles, Jack Barthram, Jack Munns, Alex Pritchard, Tomislav Gomelt.

About 1000 fans at the game.

From Spurs site.

NORTHAMPTON 1-3 SPURS XI - SOULEY STRIKES TWICE!

Posted 04 August 2012 2:49pm

Souleymane Coulibaly stole the show as our Spurs XI team beat Northampton Town 3-1 at Sixfields on Saturday.

The youngster from the Ivory Coast scored twice in the second half, including the goal of the game rifled into the top corner to make it 3-0 in the 57th minute.

John Bostock fired the team into an early lead in the fifth minute and we dominated possession throughout, but the home side also carved out chances in an entertaining encounter.

The team were quickly into their stride and took the lead after five minutes.

Ryan Mason's pass from just inside the half split open the home defence and found Bostock's run. The midfielder controlled and in an instant, rattled home a left-foot drive from 18 yards.

We held onto possession for long spells but that control was punctured by a couple of Northampton chances midway through the half.

Ishmel Demontagnac's effort was always curling away, but brushed the side-netting on the way, Jordan Archer got down well to touch wide Adebayo Akinfenwa's close-range poke and Anthony Charles glanced Ishmel Demontagnac's corner onto the roof of the net.

At the other end, Ryan Fredericks swapped wings to great effect, first cutting inside John Johnson and forcing a fine block from Kelvin Langmead on the half-hour and five minutes later, opening it up for Bostock to fire straight at Dean Snedker in the Northampton goal.

The half ended with Archer at full stretch to pluck Chris Hackett's free-kick out of the air.

The game followed a similar patter in the second half as we dictated the tempo with our passing game, but Northampton still created chances.

Archer produced a fine reaction save to tip over from Alex Nicholls five minutes into the half before a quickfire double from Coulibaly put us out of reach.

The diminuative striker's first and our second came via a poor backpass from Nicholls and Coulibaly composed himself well centrally before slotting into the corner.

He soon made it 3-0 with an excellent goal. Picking the ball up midway in the Northampton half, Coulibaly played wide to Fredericks on the left and then spun away from his marker, bursting into space to receive a return pass from Fredericks and then hammered the ball into the top corner from the edge of the box.

To their credit, despite chasing shadows for long periods, Northampton continued to chip away and created five more half-chances before finally converting in the last minute.

Hackett drilled just wide, Louis Moult shot straight at Archer, who then tipped wide from Hackett after the midfielder beat the offside trap.

Hackett delivered a free-kick headed over by Charles before repeating the trick in the 90th minute - this time Langmead met the inswinger and planted his header home for a deserved consolation.

Northampton Town (4-2-3-1): Snedker; Johnson, Langmead, Charles, Widdowson; Guttridge, Hackett; Nicholls, Harding (Tozer, 67), Demontagnac (Hoult, 67); Akinfenwa (Wilson, 84).

Spurs XI (4-2-3-1): Archer; Smith, Ekong, Hall, Stewart; Bostock (Gomelt, 75), Parrett (Gaulifuoco, 75); Fredericks (Pritchard, 63), Mason, Ceballos (Munns, 63); Coulibaly (Barthram, 75).

Goals: Northampton - Langmead (90); Spurs - Bostock (5), Coulibaly (51, 57).

Attendance: 1,268.

zin said:
Eskimo said:
Anyone know if Watford is sold out?

Best to call and find out

All remaining tickets for Spurs supporters for this match will now be sold by the Tottenham Hotspur Ticket Office. These tickets will be available to purchase from 9.30am on Wednesday, July 11.

Tickets prices are: £15 (Adults), £10 (Over 65 and 16-19 Yrs), £5 (Under 16).

To purchase a ticket please call 0844 844 0102 and select OPTION 2, or visit the Ticket Office in Park Lane in person. Tickets can be purchased between 9.30- 5.00pm, Monday to Friday.

Watford have said there are 1500 tickets available for Spurs fans on a first come first served basis tomorrow.

Tucker said:
Whatever happened to Bostock, when we signed him he was supposed to be the next big thing.

Still only 20. People only think about him because he cost a fee.

Tucker said:
Whatever happened to Bostock, when we signed him he was supposed to be the next big thing.

I think he was deemed to be a little bit 'Billy Big Boots'... maybe AvB can knock that out of him... I thought Harry/Joe/Kevin/Les/Clive/Tim (etc etc etc) would have done it already!

Here's our team v Watford - Friedel; Naughton, Kaboul, Gallas, Assou-Ekotto; Jenas, Livermore; Carroll, Lennon, Bale; Defoe.

And here are our subs at Watford - Cudicini, Bassong, Dawson, Vertonghen, Walker, Bentley, Huddlestone, Townsend, Sigurdsson, Kane.

Back
Top Bottom