Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There may be a personality element also, to see if the perceived stronger twin evolves, without his brothers presence, make it easier for him to not feel embarrassed as he moves into groups his brother will fall away from (spitballing, as Southampton doesn’t suggest a youngster way off having a shot).
There absolutely must be something more to this - something off the pitch. There’s no way we let a player like Craig go otherwise. Not saying he’s exceptional but he’s good, and developing very nicely. He could easily have handled a L2 loan this season IMO.

Who is overrating the players that played ? Most people only know about Devine (who is exceptional for his age). Dorrington captains England. Donley is an England player, as are Bryan-Waugh, Gunter, Kyerematen, Bloxham.

I only saw a small amount of the match but it looked like a physical mismatch to me - I was surprised we played so many first years. I assume a lot of the Wolves players were second years (not checked).
I'm not talking about yesterdays youth team per se. Just more general. Supposed highly rated players that go on loan to div 1 or 2 and dont pull up any trees, average results from all our youth teams and any distinct lack of production line from youth to first team squad. Kane obviously, but thats 9 years ago now, i like Skipp and i think we messed up with KWP. Hopefully there are some gems in there, from the little i've seen i like the look of Devine, but again he was a purchase rather than coming through the ranks.

Who is overrating the players that played ? Most people only know about Devine (who is exceptional for his age). Dorrington captains England. Donley is an England player, as are Bryan-Waugh, Gunter, Kyerematen, Bloxham.

I only saw a small amount of the match but it looked like a physical mismatch to me - I was surprised we played so many first years. I assume a lot of the Wolves players were second years (not checked).
By all accounts it was 9 second years for Wolves.

Cheltenham manager interview after they beat Fleetwood 2-0

Do you think you have a stronger squad now than before the January window?
It's difficult because we've just won a game, so the emotions say yes. But I'll tell you at the end of the season. We think we've brought good players in and we think we've got stronger. We lost a couple we didn't want to lose and we made a decision to let a couple of others go. Kion (Etete) has come in and he's been excellent, AJ (Ramsey) will be better for the 90 minutes today and I thought he was really good. He sees little touches of quality. There was what looked like a really simple pass to Callum Wright in the penalty area, but that's a really clever, deft touch. Ben Williams will get better and it's a long answer, but I think we have and ultimately the proof is in the pudding. We'll see at the end of the season.

You are overrating the players.
Bryan-Waugh will be very lucky to have any sort of career at any level he is inept.
Devine should be out on loan playing football against men.
Our development of young talent is very poor to say the least.

You are overrating the players.
Bryan-Waugh will be very lucky to have any sort of career at any level he is inept.
Devine should be out on loan playing football against men.
Our development of young talent is very poor to say the least.
I’m not rating them at all in that message (other than Donley) - I’m just giving the facts. I have not seen enough of Bryan-Waugh to make a judgement yet but the reality is he’s represented England so he has been rated outside of Spurs.

Spurs have offered a contract renewal to Omole with his current deal set to run out at the end of the season but the 22-year-old has yet to put pen to paper, meaning his name would appear as one of those players offered new contracts on the Premier League retained list in June if there is no further development.

Nb. Omole (LCB) has been named in 25 man PL squad and its UEFA equivalent but has not made a first appearance to date.

Cheltenham manager interview after they beat Fleetwood 2-0

Do you think you have a stronger squad now than before the January window?
It's difficult because we've just won a game, so the emotions say yes. But I'll tell you at the end of the season. We think we've brought good players in and we think we've got stronger. We lost a couple we didn't want to lose and we made a decision to let a couple of others go. Kion (Etete) has come in and he's been excellent, AJ (Ramsey) will be better for the 90 minutes today and I thought he was really good. He sees little touches of quality. There was what looked like a really simple pass to Callum Wright in the penalty area, but that's a really clever, deft touch. Ben Williams will get better and it's a long answer, but I think we have and ultimately the proof is in the pudding. We'll see at the end of the season.

Mike Duff, CM 01/02 legend. I’d believe anything he says!

Spurs have offered a contract renewal to Omole with his current deal set to run out at the end of the season but the 22-year-old has yet to put pen to paper, meaning his name would appear as one of those players offered new contracts on the Premier League retained list in June if there is no further development.

Nb. Omole (LCB) has been named in 25 man PL squad and its UEFA equivalent but has not made a first appearance to date.
Can only think he’s being kept on to add stability/continuity to the U23s. Weird one.

Can only think he’s being kept on to add stability/continuity to the U23s. Weird one.

Weird one I agree.

Alternative explanations could be
- asking if he'll sign a contract to give him a value so we could sell him ? Or
- Conte thinking he could be a back up plan for the summer in case we do not decent LCB to join us, so rather than spend money on a 'not very good' LCB, he becomes Davies back up as LCB ? Or
- His agent putting that story around hoping it makes him sound more attractive to L1 clubs ?

Chelsea u21's v Spurs u21's at 7 pm tonight (Friday)

Tobi Omole, Kallum Cesay and Malachi Fagan-Walcott continue to be suspended after red cards whilst we may also be without Harvey White and Dane Scarlett if they travel with the first team and Brooklyn Lyons-Foster is out with a long term injury

Paskotsi hasn't appeared for months despite doing well in pre-season, but with three defenders suspended, surely he and Muir would be the logical CB pair with Lavinier and Lusala as full backs - not too many other options without going to Academy 2nd years Jordan Hackett and or Charlie Sayers ?

Saturday noon (assuming wind has died down !) will see Spurs u18's play at Leicester.

Likely to be a mainly Academy Year 1 side again, which means giving away a lot of height and power to opposition sides fielding mainly Academy Year 2 players.

In terms of outfield players, the only 2nd years that might be involved are Sayers, Hackett, Davies (if fit), Devine (if he still plays u18's - usually only plays u21's or trains with first team) and Torraj

Mainly first year team again, Sayers the only second year with Torraj on the bench - same number of u16's (Hall and Chaplin) playing as experienced 2nd years.

Last edited:
Seems we have gone to shit at every level at the moment :contebored:
Only the woman's team that are looking good.

Seems we have gone to shit at every level at the moment :contebored:
Only the woman's team that are looking good.

u18 results very much a case of there being a big difference between Academy Year 1 lads and Academy Year 2 - for those in Year 1 its their first year of full time training and at that age kids are rapidly developing attributes such a strength, so for these kids of reasons big difference between the 2 year groups.

These are our Year 2 lads :

2 GK's - Maguire (E youth and Irish youth international) and Hayton (has trained with first team, but first year Gunter may be as good or better.

3 players, Turner, Haysman and Casanova likely to be released in June 2022.

Scarlett (trains with first team and plays u23's), Devine (ditto)

Hackett, Davies - both good players but not seen in a while. Injured ?

Mathurin - excellent player but out for rest of season

So that leaves Sayers and Torraj out of 2nd Year Academy lads who were in the squad today - 2 players whereas most opposition will typically have 5 - 8 second year players involved. Big difference.

Consolation will be next year when the current first years become 2nd years - and the current u16's who seem to win every week join as the new first years.

Back
Top Bottom