Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Markanday with the 92 nd minute winner

No major surprises in the team, with possibly one of the Craig twins with Scotland u19's. or otherwise injured (?) Lavenier back in team, and Omole also back.

A bit of a shake up in goalkeepers with Lo'Tutalala starting again, and a rare appearance at any level for Solberg on the bench.

Lo-Tutala, Cesay, Lavinier, White (c), Fagan-Walcott, Omole (Mundle 78), John (Michael Craig 84), Lyons-Foster, Clarke (Santiago 70), Scarlett, Markanday.
Substitutes (not used): Solberg, Muir.

Last edited:
Spurs u18's :

Hayton
Andiyapan
Chaplin (u16)
Dorrington
Bryan-Waugh
McKnight
Cassanova
Kyerematen
Torraj
Williams
Donley

Subs : Gunter (GK) , Bloxham, Abbott, Haysman, Wilhoft-King (u16)

Apparantly Spurs had 16 shots (8 on target) versus Villa's 10 shots (3 on target)

I'm generally positive about Conte being appointed as manager.

However he comes with a reputation for wanting to win, and wanting to buy in players.

And that generally is not compatible with developing youth - and at Chelsea I seem to recall that he used young players with some experience (eg after a loan) but not young players without experience.

So if true, most of Spurs best youth needs to be loaned out in January - and probably again in January as there won't be too many opportunities with the Spurs first team.

Might be interesting to see whether Conte is not impressed with some of the first team squad before January and uses youngsters - but if not expect more players going out on loan in January

However he comes with a reputation for wanting to win, and wanting to buy in players.

And that generally is not compatible with developing youth - and at Chelsea I seem to recall that he used young players with some experience (eg after a loan) but not young players without experience.

So if true, most of Spurs best youth needs to be loaned out in January - and probably again in January as there won't be too many opportunities with the Spurs first team.

Might be interesting to see whether Conte is not impressed with some of the first team squad before January and uses youngsters - but if not expect more players going out on loan in January

I favour loans over sitting in the under 23s so that’s good with me.

He comes with a reputation of wanting to win.......how awful.
We’re not having that sort of thing at White Hart Lane.
Come back Nuno. !!!!!!!!!

No real surprises in the line up. Still do not understand Omole's position - I assume he will be loaned out or sold in January as he's already 21 and needs to be registered.

ATM Paskotsi is always on bench despite his prominent part in pre-season as Omole is playing in PL2 .

Santiago playing as Scarlett is not

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom