Spurs Youth 2021/22

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

A number of u21's spotted training with the first team, including Robson and Lusala just back from injury for their first sightings of the season : :

First teamers seen training include Sessegnon and Gil plus other first team players not away on international duty (eg. Gollini, Austin, Tanganga, Dier, Ndombele, Winks, Dele, Moura,)

Last edited:
OK, not an academy player but Clarke has been notching up a few assists and general good play the little I have watched. Let's see what AC thinks of him.

I was thinking Clarke needs to bulk up a little. Bryan Gil more so.

Naaaa, not for me, I'm a skinny lean runner lover. The least muscle the players can maintain whilst keeping dynamically strong core, the better. The lactate issues, the body can run longer and harder.

This is where I think Skipp is struggling this season, the game is now about 11-13k jogs and sprints every 3-4 days, but we are shaping players like the 90's/00's blood and thunder, crash bang stop, crash bang stop. Now games flow much more.

For me Clarke and Gil simply need to increase their core and keep their balance low, mustn't over develop upper body muscle, as it will weigh down and change their natural running/dribbling weightings, for what will be useful once or twice a game (the extra muscle for tussles).

Better they be quicker and make the ball before the need for a challenge...

Naaaa, not for me, I'm a skinny lean runner lover. The least muscle the players can maintain whilst keeping dynamically strong core, the better. The lactate issues, the body can run longer and harder.

This is where I think Skipp is struggling this season, the game is now about 11-13k jogs and sprints every 3-4 days, but we are shaping players like the 90's/00's blood and thunder, crash bang stop, crash bang stop. Now games flow much more.

For me Clarke and Gil simply need to increase their core and keep their balance low, mustn't over develop upper body muscle, as it will weigh down and change their natural running/dribbling weightings, for what will be useful once or twice a game (the extra muscle for tussles).

Better they be quicker and make the ball before the need for a challenge...
I would say Clarke needs to add about 3-4 pounds of muscle. That is not a lot. Gil needs to put on about 8 pounds at least. A good bench mark would be Gareth Bale in his final season at Spurs. His was the perfect physique for a winger but then he went and bulked up too much at Real Madrid and subsequently became injury prone.
34439344-8844109-Here_Sportsmail_takes_a_look_at_some_of_the_defining_moments_fro-a-10_1602793107743.jpg

1407429540216_wps_2_MADRID_SPAIN_AUGUST_07_Ga.jpg

I would say Clarke needs to add about 3-4 pounds of muscle. That is not a lot. Gil needs to put on about 8 pounds at least. A good bench mark would be Gareth Bale in his final season at Spurs. His was the perfect physique for a winger but then he went and bulked up too much at Real Madrid and subsequently became injury prone.
34439344-8844109-Here_Sportsmail_takes_a_look_at_some_of_the_defining_moments_fro-a-10_1602793107743.jpg

1407429540216_wps_2_MADRID_SPAIN_AUGUST_07_Ga.jpg

If you are suggesting that Clarke can become like Bale, you are very welcome

If optimistic !

I wonder why we spent £10m on the boy...

£10m is a relatively cheap punt if scouts thought he was a player who was better than what we had and could develop into a top player.

However if you look at the England u21 squads from say 5 or 10 years ago, and note that many did not get to be PL regulars, you will get a sense of the odds of Clarke becoming a top player

Missed a full year injured when about 16 and never seemed to get back to the form he had before as a very creative passing midfield player. A bit part player at Spurs for a couple of years, so a move probably suits both

Goals from Tottenham Hotspur striker Dane Scarlett and Chelsea defender Levi Colwill Samuels help England men's under-19s secure victory a 2-0 over Sweden

Nile John came off the bench after 68 mins

Last edited:
Other youth international players this break :

Matthew Craig and Michael Craig - Scotland Under-19s
Thimothee Lo-Tutala - France Under-19s
Will Andiyapan - Wales Under-17s
Isak Solberg - Norway Under-19s

Tottenham have offered a two-year scholarship contract to midfield starlet Han Willhoft-King - he has been playing for Spurs u16's , although this article says u15;'s.

He has already made a couple of appearances for Spurs u18's and looked good - including scoring twice against Woolwich in an u17 match !

Back
Top Bottom