Spurs Vs Liverpool - Saturday 30th 17:30

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should we offer to replay the match?

• Total voters
2-C3443-B3-ADBA-4237-944-E-64815060-C44-B.gif

Did we get an apology for VAR not asking the ref to look at the Nketiah foul?

Fcuk Liverpool. Their goal should not have stood, as their player took a blatant dive.

What bo!!ocks.

Last edited:
They love to make stuff up:

View: https://x.com/CF_Compss/status/1708227762819871119?s=20

This IS a red card for the elbow in the face. They seem to think because Porro is looking at the player that's an offence.

View: https://x.com/CF_Compss/status/1708227771355267357?s=20

They think the above isn't a yellow card. If you watch this from the side, it looks very harsh indeed because there is minimal contact and that contact is not initiated by the player lunging etc. But this angle (there is another one I've seen which is more head-on than this but I can't find it) shows Jota's run, he changes the direction of his run behind Udogie, the ONLY reason you would do this is to make contact with the player, there doesn't need to be much contact, just a nick that will knock the players' legs together and cause a trip. I have to say it's a great foul and one that I would be very pleased to execute.

View: https://x.com/CF_Compss/status/1708227773527920812?s=20

This IS a foul.

VAR fuck up.

But their equalizer was also a fuck up as it wasn't a foul by Udogie - he won the ball cleanly.

I was thinking there must have been some kind of contact on Udogie to make him trip over his own legs. No way he did that on purpose and how often does a player trip over their own legs with no contact...

Jota had gotten away with 3-4 fouls before that. Even scouse cheerleader neville said he was lucky not to be on a yellow before first yellow
Excellent spot and to all those carrying out post mortems whether their opinions are pro anti or neutral based, to assert Jota's first yellow was not a yellow and Jones's red was a yellow etc these area all subjective views and do nothing to change the validity of the decision making with regard to the laws of the game.

In truth I first thought the red card for Jones was harsh and I am not in favour of the ref being directed to frozen stills or slow motion replays without also watching the action again at normal speed. That said it was not an incorrect decision and the reference to intent is spurious as the mitigation of accidental due to his foot rolling over the ball does not excuse him for not being in control of his movement and thereby endangering the safety of another player and likely to cause injury.

The most ironic thing I've heard all weekend is the social media protests about the robbers being robbed.

:ange-lol:

Just a point on the first sending off.

If he meant it, it's a red card.

If he didn't mean it, he wasn't in control of his body, which means it's a red card.

I was thinking there must have been some kind of contact on Udogie to make him trip over his own legs. No way he did that on purpose and how often does a player trip over their own legs with no contact...

Jota had been hacking from the moment he got on the pitch. He’d been warned.

He got dominated by Udogie and couldn’t handle it.

Both reds were reds.

The offside was a fuck up.

VAR didn’t score and own goal though.

And the thing nobody is mentioning is that we were the better side 11 v 11 and have won games from 1-0 down several times this season and just got a draw from going behind twice at woolwich.

It’s embarrassing for the football and a sign of media bias that they are making such a huge song and dance

Excellent spot and to all those carrying out post mortems whether their opinions are pro anti or neutral based, to assert Jota's first yellow was not a yellow and Jones's red was a yellow etc these area all subjective views and do nothing to change the validity of the decision making with regard to the laws of the game.

In truth I first thought the red card for Jones was harsh and I am not in favour of the ref being directed to frozen stills or slow motion replays without also watching the action again at normal speed. That said it was not an incorrect decision and the reference to intent is spurious as the mitigation of accidental due to his foot rolling over the ball does not excuse him for not being in control of his movement and thereby endangering the safety of another player and likely to cause injury.

The most ironic thing I've heard all weekend is the social media protests about the robbers being robbed.

:ange-lol:
They showed the ref the Jones one in full speed

Jota had been hacking from the moment he got on the pitch. He’d been warned.

He got dominated by Udogie and couldn’t handle it.

Both reds were reds.

The offside was a fuck up.

VAR didn’t score and own goal though.

And the thing nobody is mentioning is that we were the better side 11 v 11 and have won games from 1-0 down several times this season and just got a draw from going behind twice at woolwich.

It’s embarrassing for the football and a sign of media bias that they are making such a huge song and dance
I remember Jota kicking Skippy in the head last year, just a yellow and then he scored the,winner.

Back
Top Bottom