Spurs vs Chelsea - The Reckoning

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If life was fair, then we will finish above Chelsea and Le Scum after the crap we went through last season. But as we know, life isn't (if it was, I would be forever 25, slim, gorgeous and really married to Stevie). I can't see us winning at the Bridge, and even if we did, we would probably screw it up against Stoke and/or Sunderland. I say this from bitter experience as a Spurs supporter for 40 odd years, we have never done it the easy way, every little bit of success I have seen has been dramatic, to say the least. I was at their last place last time we won there ... it seems a lifetime away (I think my natural hair colour was brunette). I would like to be gracious and say I really would like it for AVB, after his harsh treatment at Chelsea, but I would be lying... I want it for me and every other Spurs supporter, so we can go about our lives with a spring in our step and a huge grin on our faces that would tell the whole world we are SPURS supporters. Better than sex and chocolate fondant pudding put together!!!

This is the right game to play the 4-3-3 formation in my opinion.

----------------Lloris-------------
Walker---Dawson---Vert---BAE
---Dembele--Parker--Holtby---
Lennon------Adebayor-----Bale

Adebayor spends a lot of time on the left so he can rotate with Bale when we are attacking. That midfield 3 can match up with Chelsea, I think it has nice balance. If Lennon can't play I would bring in Sigurdsson and switch Bale to the right. If Parker can't play Hudd can play in that midfield 3.

I'm far more optimistic for this one than I should be. COYS!!

If Dembele is out, for me this is the match for Top Cat to play over Hudd. We are playing one of the most interchanging and quick moving midfields in the league, Hudd could quite easily become a bystander and a huge liabillity for us if he can't keep up with the movement of chelsea's five...

If Dembele is out, for me this is the match for Top Cat to play over Hudd. We are playing one of the most interchanging and quick moving midfields in the league, Hudd could quite easily become a bystander and a huge liabillity for us if he can't keep up with the movement of chelsea's five...
you want to start Tom Carroll at Stamford Bridge?

"you want to start Tom Carroll at Stamford Bridge?"

Although it sounds a bit daft, I remember a very young inexperienced Aaron Lennon making his debut against Chelsea and he did a pretty good job! You never know, it maybe the making of him. However it could go completely tits up and totally ruin his career. (Typical Spurs fan, full of optimism one minute, thinking of slitting my wrists the next!)

"you want to start Tom Carroll at Stamford Bridge?"

Although it sounds a bit daft, I remember a very young inexperienced Aaron Lennon making his debut against Chelsea and he did a pretty good job! You never know, it maybe the making of him. However it could go completely tits up and totally ruin his career. (Typical Spurs fan, full of optimism one minute, thinking of slitting my wrists the next!)

Depends on who is available, but he's got to be in contention with all the injuries we have. We're going to need cool heads whatever.

I have a lot of respect for anyone that is remotely optimistic about this game after Southampton. We haven't won at Stamford Bridge in fuck knows how many years and I fully expect that to continue.

The suggestion about Carroll is not a daft one. He has the ability to look for the next pass, plays with his head up and is constantly looking for the next forward pass.

If Parker and Dembele are out we need to start with two from Hudd, Tom C and Holtby. The latter two are more mobile and with their running could give Hudd good passing options. I wouldn't mind seeing all three of them start in favour of say Dempsey, with Lennon and Bale on each flank.

Not sure it will work like that, they drift in - it would be more like Parker/Dembele having to tracke them or Dawson/Vertonghen stepping out

I have gathered a lot of dislike ratings for saying I would rather us be successful like Chelsea, than relatively unsuccessful compared to Chelsea under ENIC. I stand by my views though, but naturally hope as outsiders we can turn it around over the next 3 games.

If we don't a key factor once again will be under-investment. We needed a new striker, we didn't buy one. Chelsea needed one, they got Demba Ba. Last season both clubs needed a CB, we got Ryan Nelsen and still played a knackered Ledley instead of him for crucial games. They got Cahill, and we know the rest.

Many/most Spurs fans say they prefer the 'modern Spurs' way. I don't, I prefer the old Spurs way of the 60s when were the big spenders, and bigger and more successful than Chelsea.

Back
Top Bottom