SPURS v scum

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Of course it had a lot to do with Ade's performance, so many sides in the past have performed defensively with an adept CF who can provide an outlet to relieve the team of wave after wave of pressure. Didier Drogba was the master of this, disrupted momentum incredibly. The goal itself was down to one individual error, yet a better player than Ade would mean we wouldn't have been on the backfoot ever since we scored our goal.
Disagree, totally.
There are 11 players out on the pitch that had a job to do. To single out one is preposterous. Ade could have been better but so could others. Other players were losing possesion on regular basis putting pressure on the team and the defence. We needed to keep ball better as a team. We were up against a good side, away form home and on the back of 3 very poor results. I think Ade and all did brilliant and we were one poor mistake away from getting a superb result.

Isn't the point here that HawkEye combines the data from several cameras, to give an actual trajectory. The image they choose to display on the TV has no bearing on this, it's just a pretty graphic for viewer consumption, isn't it?

IMO it's a non-story, started by desperate Goons, and now given credence on this forum and on Twatter by lengthy debate....

Also I haven't seen any image at all, no matter how grainy, along the actual line of sight of the actual goal line, that contests HawkEye or brings any doubt as to the decision...

What really irritates me the most about Wenger is the total lack of credibility towards Spurs in any shape or form. If we score the goal of the century against them it would be defensive errors not a brilliant move by us. Actually I find anything to do with Woolwich irritating. Their manager & fans are all an obnoxious bunch of cunts.

Of corse Ade could have done better on this occasion but directly blaming him for us conceding the equaliser and not getting the 3 points is daft. Why cant we just accept it was a good perfomance and a point was a good result.

Oh I don't think that goal was Adebayor's fault, no, but I do think a lame duck would have done an equally good job on the day. He was utterly pathetic in both effort off the ball and skill on the ball.

Buy it all you like - we were the team that had to adopt a heavily defensive, break out at speed tactic - or we would have been mullered. Whatever the reason, there was a gulf in talent and ability.
Eriksen was pretty invisible during the game and his tackle on Flamini was really the only thing he did of note, and was subbed for it. Lamela was lively throughout, but still swamped. Aside from Welbeck, who needed to be better, the rest of their players you mentioned had an easy match, and one of them had a decent goal attempt (at both ends in reality!)
If Arteta and Ramsey had stayed on, it would have been even tougher I think.

I do buy it. They are a better team, better organised and know exactly what the manager and club expects of them. Many have played together for years.

That doesnt mean there is a gulf in talent between our players.....unless you too think Wilshere and Ozil are world class, and Sczenzny is better than Lloris perhaps.

You trolling bellend. "FORMATION"

Can you not read the short content of the post you are quoting? Honestly you are such a cock sometimes.
Childish insults won't change the fact your twisted your own words to worm yourself out instead of debating a valid point like a civilised human being.

Last edited:
I do buy it. They are a better team, better organised and know exactly what the manager and club expects of them. Many have played together for years.

That doesnt mean there is a gulf in talent between our players.....unless you too think Wilshere and Ozil are world class, and Sczenzny is better than Lloris perhaps.
Yes you have it Sammy -Continuity, as soon as we get that installed we are on our way!

Exactly why we need continuity, levy needs to back poch in the transfer window to sort out what ever deficiencies poch thinks we have then let the manager and players gel over a few seasons and we might see results.

Don't think we are that far behind Woolwich but they do still look more fluid than us.

Childish insults won't change the fact your twisted your own words to worm yourself out instead of debating a valid point like a civilised human being.

Twisted my words how? Debated what valid point - the one I never made? Read the posts back and take in what was said. I never talked about Poch changing formation, you said I did and told me I was wrong. It's as simple as that. Think Mick has the right idea about you though as you must be simply trolling, no way you can be this mentally challenged surely.

On the goal line technology thing, how thick are these gooners. If the ball crosses the line at any point the ref will get a buzz on his watch. It does not matter if Lloris saved it twice. It doesn't matter which save they show on TV. They see a head on angle and like a pack of rats all jump on it like moldy cheese. The reason we have this system is that everyone agrees the outcome instead of arguing. fucking idiots.
giphy.gif

That doesn't mean there is a gulf in talent between our players.....unless you too think Wilshere and Ozil are world class, and Sczenzny is better than Lloris perhaps.
I know what your point is Sammy, so repeating it doesn't make it any more cogent
The fact is - that they gave us a a good seeing to, whether its down to lighter studs, go faster laces, been together longer or that they know what Wenger wants - there is a gulf in class between the two sides. If there hadn't been then it would have been a far more even contest.
But they are better than us - and anyone who didn't see that on saturday, doesn't understand the game.

I don't get the Ozil thing, but on paper he is better than any of our players, I don't understand why Sanchez was a sub, particularly given the problems he caused. But out of the two teams then I would say that a combined team would probably only have featured loris, Vertonghen and possibly Lamela on the day - maybe Eriksen. Tomorrow that team would probably have Kaboul in it as he was outstanding, it definitely wouldn't have Eriksen, who was poor.
I don't see Naughton, Rose, Mason, Chadli, Adebayor, Capoue or Bentaleb getting a game though.

I know what your point is Sammy, so repeating it doesn't make it any more cogent
The fact is - that they gave us a a good seeing to, whether its down to lighter studs, go faster laces, been together longer or that they know what Wenger wants - there is a gulf in class between the two sides. If there hadn't been then it would have been a far more even contest.
But they are better than us - and anyone who didn't see that on saturday, doesn't understand the game.

I don't get the Ozil thing, but on paper he is better than any of our players, I don't understand why Sanchez was a sub, particularly given the problems he caused. But out of the two teams then I would say that a combined team would probably only have featured loris, Vertonghen and possibly Lamela on the day - maybe Eriksen. Tomorrow that team would probably have Kaboul in it as he was outstanding, it definitely wouldn't have Eriksen, who was poor.
I don't see Naughton, Rose, Mason, Chadli, Adebayor, Capoue or Bentaleb getting a game though.
Rose is better than Monreal imo
Capoue is definitely a better DM than Arteta and Flamini (they're not pure DMs at all which even their fans acknowledge, and scum heavily need one)
Ade and Welbeck are similar, Welbeck edges it on form but usually Ade would be much better.

Twisted my words how? Debated what valid point - the one I never made? Read the posts back and take in what was said. I never talked about Poch changing formation, you said I did and told me I was wrong. It's as simple as that. Think Mick has the right idea about you though as you must be simply trolling, no way you can be this mentally challenged surely.
oh he is.
He's been banned for doing just that, from other sites.

Internet toxic waste outflow pipe #1
along with his muppet blood brother

Rose is better than Monreal imo
Capoue is definitely a better DM than Arteta and Flamini (they're not pure DMs at all which even their fans acknowledge, and scum heavily need one)
Ade and Welbeck are similar, Welbeck edges it on form but usually Ade would be much better.
Capoue was AWOL on saturday, for much of the game.
Monreal didn't play.......

Back
Top Bottom