Spurs announced as opponents for 2015 AT&T MLS All-Star Game

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Footballs a funny game. Dier was looking fine. Suddenly, a mistake by Chadli and a quick second (after Kane should have got his SECOND goal of the game) and he's suddenly shit on. He's been fine. Bentaleb however has been dreadful.
I have said that. Giving away poor goals.
Nabil has started bad and Dier is not mobile enough imo. That booking was because he's struggling to make up ground. Whereas Mason gets bollocked for supposedly making our midfield easy to go through and, at the same time, holding back Nabil's attacking prowess as he has to defend. Dier is a defender who should be able to do what everyone has been crying out for: sit in front of the back four and protect them. By all means Bentaleb should have had his chains taken off him in this game, but it's not quite worked out like that.
Dier is not the kind of player who can get around the pitch quickly, tackle, harass and pass it around.
It's only a friendly and experimental though.
I like Dier he's a decent CB.
Oh, I didn't realise about the altitude. Of course that could be why Dier and Nabil are finding it a bit tough.
I'll buy that.

Anyway, I doubt he will be playing there for long. We probably will be buying another CM.

Last edited:
Did I just wake up in the middle of the night to watch this bollocks?

We need fucking wingers so Christian can player much better in his natural position and as far as I'm concerned Dembele and Chadli have been absolute donkeys, they've heavily destabilized the team.

Yea he is, but I really think he's best in the middle
Would love to see

Berahino -- Dembele -- Eriksen
--------------- Kane ----------------
That'd be good. Berahino offers genuine pace down the flank and will bring in the goals we'd lose by dropping Chadli to the bench - Dembele is best in a central role as proven in the games he played last season, can also drop deeper to and help out the central midfield and Eriksens best games have all come from a wide position when he's allowed to cut in and show up unmarked.

Vertonghen to blame for second goal - in no mans land . Toby is going to get annoyed soon!

Dembele and Kane our best player.

Beneteleb poor ! Dier average as DM I think experiment will end in tears in PL.

Vorm - Not had much to do, couldn't do anything for either goals really. Typically good distribution.

Walker - Nice forward runs to drag the full back away but his usual wasteful self in possession. Wouldn't mind Yedlin coming on to replace him.
Alderweireld - Looks okay so far, some nice long and accurate balls, looks the most accomplished out of the back four, that says something.
Vertonghen - Shaky start, surprisingly considering he's alongside someones he's played over 100 games with. Wouldn't mind seeing Wimmer on.
Davies - Constantly beaten or allowing crosses, get Rose on now please.

Dembele - Had a real good start to the game and is still so strong on the ball, but needs to get involved more. Wouldn't mind him coming inside more and demanding the ball. Been our best player though.
Bentaleb - Dreadful. He's better than this and he knows it. He's going to have these games though, even in the league, he's young and will learn with experience. Wouldn't mind seeing Onomah or Alli come on to replace him.
Dier - He had a good start, but since we went a goal down, our whole central midfield went to pot for whatever reason, like they went into panic mode. I think he could make a good defensive midfielder in future but we need a new midfielder, Poch clearly knows we need a defensive minded midfielder hence why he's playing a centre half there.
Chadli - Anonymous. Silly handball decision and it wouldn't surprise me if he's off at half time.

Eriksen - Creating well. Would also like to see him get on the ball more. I think he needs to start taking games by the scruff of the neck, he could learn a lot from Kaka in that respect.
Kane - Can't help but admire the guy. Misses chance after chance but then pops in a shot from 25 yards into the top corner. Brilliant finish.
Rose lost his passport remember!
Davies is a bit of a pussy. I hate the way he alway turns his back. It's a bad trait. Far to soft for my liking.
Vertonghen LB. Dier CB. Dembele Bentaleb Onomah Eriksen Lamela Kane

Vertonghen to blame for second goal - in no mans land . Toby is going to get annoyed soon!

Dembele and Kane our best player.

Beneteleb poor ! Dier average as DM I think experiment will end in tears in PL.
It won't make it that far. Dembele will be playing CM against Man Utd if we haven't signed anyone or if Mason isn't fit enough.

Back
Top Bottom