Spurs and your missus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Oh yeah, she hates spurs. Knows nothing about football though. Just that i have a crush on coco, so she is a bit jealous.:dawsonmean:

Not a geezer bird. Just would be nice to at least have her give a shit that we've own and understand that you don't book fucking family visits on north London derby day
haha, my missus always checks with me during the season if there's a game on, so I'm quite lucky in that regard. NLD is off-limits.

I've managed to convince mine to come to the Shalke game, after I caught her showing interest in the World Cup. She doesn't seem to want to admit she likes it, but I think she's tempted by it all.

Anyway, I've got to go see that fucking Warhorse thing in the West end the night before now, just to "balance it out".:dawsonmean:

I once said on here that she often referred to Spurs as my mistress, when in reality she had things backwards. I'm not sure if it's the time since then, or the fact she enjoyed following the World Cup, or thinks our team is "really hot in comparison to the others," but I wouldn't be surprised if at this point I'm starting to become the mistress myself :cautious:

As an esteemed doctor once said, "bitches ain't shit but ho's n tricks."

My girl wasn't that interested in Spurs until I took her to the Pana game at the Lane a couple of years ago. Dembele was having a stretch right in front of us and that's pretty much why she watches games with me now.

Mine went to one game with me, back when we met in 2007. She moaned about it for years afterwards, even though as a 4-0 win against Wigan it was relatively entertaining compared to the average.

Good to have a completely separate interest I think, though I'm no longer a regular match goer.

I once said on here that she often referred to Spurs as my mistress, when in reality she had things backwards. I'm not sure if it's the time since then, or the fact she enjoyed following the World Cup, or thinks our team is "really hot in comparison to the others," but I wouldn't be surprised if at this point I'm starting to become the mistress myself :cautious:

As an esteemed doctor once said, "bitches ain't shit but ho's n tricks."

HAHAHA the new avatar!! what are you hoping comes of that? you may have started nuclear war with your record

My wife is a West Ham fan. Bad start, but she's only fair weather, so last season was fucking insufferable with her jumping on the bandwagon that the rest of her family had earned through years of serious support. Would be easier if she cared week in week out.

HAHAHA the new avatar!! what are you hoping comes of that? you may have started nuclear war with your record

I figure he's a twat, but he's a hopeless one. He can't do shit, regardless of all their sabre-rattling. But if tragedy should befall him, earth is a better place in its continued ascent from the ashes of communism.

The big advantage of being in America is almost all Spurs games are done by noon so it doesn't interfere too much with plans. My girlfriend is great about letting me watch Spurs and other sport. She has no interest in it besides the occasional question to humor me. She generally just sits there and giggles at my reactions to things and yells at me to stop biting my nails.

I think the only thing that really bothers her is when I go into a black depression for a few hours after a particular bad loss. Mostly I just don't think she can quite grasp how sport makes me feel like my heart has been ripped out of chest cavity and stomped on while I watch.

My missus is a scouser and we live in the heart of Anfield now, she's an avid red, so's her parents and all her family. She bought me the new Liverpool shirt with just the number 5 on the back and no name, I burned it.

Mine is not really into football but she'll show a passing interest in Spurs because of me. She normally sends me a " COME ON YOU SPURS!" Before most games if we are not with each other at KO time, bless her cotton gusset.

Just asked this in the podcast thread but thought I'd pose the question here for wider discussion.

I'm in a long term relationship with a great girl, looks wise I'm punching above my weight (blatant) but one major flaw is that she hates football.

She has no interest in the game itself. Not even the World Cup.
She is aware of certain famous players, especially if they have shagged a celebrity but has no further interest in the inherent drama of football.
My dedication to watching spurs games is often the cause of arguments. And I don't even go to away games.

Now in a way I think it's a good thing to have a completely separate interest, as we spend so much time together and when I want to go and get some 'man time' watching spurs she's not begging to come with me.
However I would like her to at least understand why I go batshit crazy when we score a last minute winner. Or why I'm not interested in going anywhere for hours after we lose to Woolwich, Chelsea etc.

What tips would you give to get her to understand the glory of football, even if it doesn't mean her becoming a proper supporter?

How does spurs factor in your own relationships?

My wife hates football, but has no problem with me attending 20+ games a season from Belgium, so that's all that counts for me. I couldn't care less if she likes it or not, enjoy spending time together but can't think of anything worse than her accompanying me to football, especially the European trips. Good to have separate interests as it gives some space in the relationship. I also made it clear from day one that I have followed Tottenham all my life and wouldn't give it up for anyone.

My wife is a West Ham fan. Bad start, but she's only fair weather, so last season was fucking insufferable with her jumping on the bandwagon that the rest of her family had earned through years of serious support. Would be easier if she cared week in week out.

images

My missus is a scouser and we live in the heart of Anfield now, she's an avid red, so's her parents and all her family. She bought me the new Liverpool shirt with just the number 5 on the back and no name, I burned it.

:lamelashock:

I feel sorry for you, I really do.

Repp'd as I feel sorry for you.... Living in scouserland!?!? Fuck that.... Do you wear ear plugs?

I imagine it's like this

Back
Top Bottom