Spurs and your missus

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

jimmyriggle

Blatant
Just asked this in the podcast thread but thought I'd pose the question here for wider discussion.

I'm in a long term relationship with a great girl, looks wise I'm punching above my weight (blatant) but one major flaw is that she hates football.

She has no interest in the game itself. Not even the World Cup.
She is aware of certain famous players, especially if they have shagged a celebrity but has no further interest in the inherent drama of football.
My dedication to watching spurs games is often the cause of arguments. And I don't even go to away games.

Now in a way I think it's a good thing to have a completely separate interest, as we spend so much time together and when I want to go and get some 'man time' watching spurs she's not begging to come with me.
However I would like her to at least understand why I go batshit crazy when we score a last minute winner. Or why I'm not interested in going anywhere for hours after we lose to Woolwich, Chelsea etc.

What tips would you give to get her to understand the glory of football, even if it doesn't mean her becoming a proper supporter?

How does spurs factor in your own relationships?

My missus is a pretty serious Spurs supporter. She's not to the point of reading blogs and visiting forums (lucky for her she hasn't found this sausagefest), but she knows our players and loves watching matches with me.

As long as you are given your 'man time' to go and watch the team then so be it be grateful, then if you are so inclined just pull a bit on the side who like going to the football and hope you don't get caught on the tube!!

My missus is a pretty serious Spurs supporter. She's not to the point of reading blogs and visiting forums (lucky for her she hasn't found this sausagefest), but she knows our players and loves watching matches with me.

Why didnt she come to Chicago, I would have happily given her my pissed up wife's ticket

The wife doesnt really care about spurs, the girlfriend loves them though

Why didnt she come to Chicago, I would have happily given her my pissed up wife's ticket

The wife doesnt really care about spurs, the girlfriend loves them though
She was there. I am not sure why I didn't introduce her to you....maybe it was because I was afraid you'd tell her I was an e-perv.

My wife hates it, but she knows I love it so she just goes along with it. I agree with some of the other comments that she doesn't need to enjoy it, but just needs to be able to understand that you do and to let you have that time/experience for yourself.

Actually, the biggest problem for my wife is the unending season for me. I watch during the regular season, but in the states we have the MLS run throughout the summer when there are no games overseas, and there are friendlies. So it's a year-round cycle for her to deal with.

My partner has no interest in football at all (he didn't even watch the world cup), and it kinda annoys him when I start cheering when Spurs score. But me being happy makes him happy, so he likes it when Spurs win.

My partner has no interest in football at all (he didn't even watch the world cup), and it kinda annoys him when I start cheering when Spurs score. But me being happy makes him happy, so he likes it when Spurs win.
I thought one of the benefits of being gay was that you didn't have to put up with silly woman shit like not liking football.
:lennon:
Might just become asexual.

Try the spurs panties...great value for the design. magical stuff.

But, yea my lady doesnt care much for the sport...all though for some reason after watching the "Gerrad slip" she pities him and always asks if he is playing :)pochserious:) but when its game time she knows im "gone" for our match and its no problem, its great,...however whenever I want to watch every game on Saturday and Sunday, she tends to get a bit violent.

My wife couldn't give a shit about football. She's fine with me watching Spurs whenever they're on the box, and happy for me to go the occasional match.

Her football knowledge is limited to the fact Suarez is a racist, and she fancies the pants off Jamie Redknapp - she thinks by calling him her "friend", I don't know what's going on there. But whatevs, a he doesn't know that I'd bang the shit outta his wife.

Hmmm, maybe I should see if Jamie fancies a swap some time....

:gallashmm:

Back
Top Bottom