Spurs, and where you live

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Dru said:
ollieXcore said:
Oh FFS said:
Do you live in what can be described as a Spurs stronghold?

Woolwich have Islington, Chelsea have pretty much all west London now, West Ham have parts of Essex - so where is Tottenham's stronghold?

Also, how is it where you live? I grew up in Epsom, which was all Woolwich and Chelsea ... cunts.

Whereabouts in Epsom are you from? I live just by Hook Road Arena, near Horton Golf Club in West Ewell!

That's down the road from me!
Ha, wicked! Chessington end or Ewell end?

As my dad's side of the family are actually from the Tottenham area, with my Grandad living very close to WHL, they all support Spurs and I followed suit. Now we live in Boston, Lincolnshire (Shithole). There are quite a few Spurs fans around here actually! But totally dominated by Man U. I actually think there are equal amounts of Spurs, Liverpool, Woolwich and Chelski fans.

Dru said:
ollieXcore said:
Oh FFS said:

Woolwich have Islington, Chelsea have pretty much all west London now, West Ham have parts of Essex - so where is Tottenham's stronghold?

Also, how is it where you live? I grew up in Epsom, which was all Woolwich and Chelsea ... cunts.

Whereabouts in Epsom are you from? I live just by Hook Road Arena, near Horton Golf Club in West Ewell!

That's down the road from me!
Ha, wicked! Chessington end or Ewell end?[/quote]

Lived in Chessington Road when younger but now in W.Park

Tottenham(not as many spurs as you'd think)>Barnet(mix of spurs/woolwich plus the glory hunters) > now central Bedfordshire (one of my neighbours is spurs but thats about all the spurs shirts i've seen up here)

lived in totnes, south devon for 13 years, born where hornsey road meets holloway road. loads of spurs down here, decent turn out in the pubs when we play and quite a few 'spurs' teams in the area ie neton abbott spurs, riviera spurs [torquay] and even a 7 a side totnes spurs. i put it down to peter cook and colin lee.

ollieXcore said:
Oh FFS said:

I was in Stoneleigh, but left there a few years ago

Now in Bath, which is a rugby town through and through.

Elspur said:
Now we live in Boston, Lincolnshire (Shithole). There are quite a few Spurs fans around here actually! But totally dominated by Man U.

I spend most my time in Lincoln and this is accurate for there as well.

I live in Chester at the moment. As you can Imagine it's full of Scousers. A few Everton fans about but mostly Liverpool. A fair few Man Utd fans around too. When I get the train down to London for home games there's usually 5 or 6 other Spurs fans on the platform too. Always the same faces mind.

I'm originally from Newbury. Lots of the usual glory Supporters Man Utd/Chelsea/Liverpool etc. Lots of Reading too. Quite a few of my mates back home are Reading season ticket holders.

Oh FFS said:
ollieXcore said:
Oh FFS said:

I was in Stoneleigh, but left there a few years ago

Now in Bath, which is a rugby town through and through.

Just left Bath after 3 years there for uni. I found apart from all the rugby lot that most of the big pubs on matchdays were full of the usual United/Liverpool etc, but some pubs can be alright for big games. Luckily my housemate was a yid as well so we had a pretty decent set up (projector/skygo home theatre)

[instagram]http://instagr.am/p/oyVed/[/instagram]

thayden said:
TED said:
I was born in Harlow

Now THAT'S brutal.
I've found Harlow mainly to be West Ham, with a few goons and a handful of Spurs.

I'm Essex, right on the edges next to Hertfordshire and Greater London- mostly Spurs/scum, few Chelski and a few Liverpool/Manyoo.. Also know 1 Newcastle fan, who isn't a geordie.

Used to live in Stamford Hill, kids round there were mainly Gooners and Liverpool scum. can't remember much else round there. Moved to Clacton for a bit and that was 50/50 Spurs/Scum. Now live in Cardiff and there's so many glory hunting superficial cunts here it's unbelievable, staunch Liverscum (sorry I said glory hunting lolz) and ManUre. This place is my Spurs strong hold. :nawty:

Live in Surrey near Woking, So naturally everyones a Man U/Woolwich or Chelski glory supporter seeing as there's no decent team in the area. Massive asian community in Woking who support Liverpool though, handful of Spurs fans and a good friend of mine is a season ticket holder at QPR.

VirginiaSpur said:
I've never met another person that follows Spurs.

Same here but I am out to change this. I am trying to start a Spurs Supporters Group for South Carolina & North Carolina.

I've corresponded with 5 other Spurs fans who are interested, but we need more people in order to get this off the ground. Most of these 5 are in and around the Columbia, SC area but we are interested in getting other Spurs fans involved from other areas of the Carolinas, especially Charleston, Charlotte & Greenville-Spartanburg.

If anyone from these areas is interested, please send me a PM.

Case said:
I know about 6 Spurs fans who live near me.

I also saw a bloke wearing last years purple top in Morrisons the other day so I said "Nice top mate" as we passed on the dairy isle.

Beat that.

I live in a very small town here in Oz called Taromeo ... population 1000ish. Of that, there are about 6 people who actively follow the Premier League and 5 of us are Spurs fans ... the other is Liverpool. So technically, 83% of football supporters in our small town are Spurs (surely if the club knew this they'd tour right?).

The next town over from us is called Blackbutt ... I've always suspected they were for Woolwich because I'm sure that "Blackbutt" is Wenger's favourite word.

Beaten?

Back
Top Bottom