Southampton vs Spursy Spurs

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He might look and occasionally play like a caveman, but I reckon Frederico Flintstone is probably the best centre half at the club.

A major,reason we can't support the Goooons in the FA cup apart from the obvious..............
currently we are the ONLY club since 1900 to have retained the FA cup TWICE 60/61 61/62 and 80/81 and 81/82 ........the Goons and Chelski have retained it only once........and the Dippers and Mancs have MEVER retained the FA CuP

Hi TLD, I'm NOT basing my analysis just on trophy haul. Please read my other posts in this thread. I must say I find your incorrect analysis and lecturing me on what I already know and have stated in this thread, and other threads as well on the question of bigness, somewhat irritating. I hope you will withdraw these misguided comments, cheers Greavesie.
Okay, even if you're taking more into account than simple trophy haul... I just don't get your overall conclusions. And trust me, that's from reading all your posts on this thread.

I'm not trying to lecture, Greavsie, just point out that the criteria you've been using to compare us with Villa, when applied to the teams who are actually finishing around us in the league, is of less value. After all, Liverpool are so far out in front with their acheivements that we shouldn't consier ourselves level with them... except that we have been in direct competition with them in recent years (last year is an exception to this, I'll accept).

Perhaps I'm being too emotive with my preference of Villa winning the final. Your conclusions seem far more logical/cold with the entire history of the clubs taken into account. I'm looking at the here and now - and I know I don't want to see Jack Wilshire singing on an open-top bus again.

We clearly won't agree on this, which is fine, but I hope you understand why so many on here won't be agreeing with your support of Woolwich in the final (which I gather you do, so fair enough).

Eriksen and Kane to do all the work while the other 8 are passengers in the team. There is nothing different from what i have seen under previous managers, such as Bale under AVB, Modric and Bale under redknapp.The board basically seem to go out of their way to replicate the same boring scenarios where we are forever 1 or 2 good players away from top 4.

What absolute drivel.

Excellent result, well done Spurs:thumbup:

I've never seen such a blatant serial cheater in one game as Mane, that was a fucking disgrace, and if I'd have had a spare TV I think I would have kicked the fucking set in so mad I was.

Boy do I hate Soton, boy will I be delighted if we finish above them AGAIN :coys:

Also what was with all the slipping, shouldn't we have changed our footwear?

Well that got a bit lively :) But I stand by my view 100%.

Villa are far closer to us in status than Woolwich, and it is eminently arguable that if they win the FA Cup that will mean they become the clear 6th biggest club in the country. It will also embarrass even more those who spent so long slagging off Sherwood, but that's another matter. We will never catch Woolwich while ENIC are in charge, but I don't want us overtaken by Villa, (or indeed West Ham who may become another threat with the OS).

It's not my fault ENIC have led us into the trophy drought that now sees Villa threatening our status in the hierarchy. Had we the type of billionaire benefactor that I so want and yet many don't want, then Villa wouldn't be the threat they now are. :coys:

You are an absolute mong.

I`m still trying to get me head around this business of Villa having to win the FA cup to qualify for Europe. If this is the case, how is it that Hull qualified for this seasons competition after losing to Woolwich in the final, at the expense of Man United who finished 7th ?
:paulinhowtf:
I think Joe Clash Joe Clash clarified this the other day but essentially the rules were changed last July so that runner up no longer gets the place, it is given to the league position.

Fair comments Dixie, we differ obviously, but you agree with me that there is some similarity at least in status between us and Villa, whereas Woolwich left both clubs trailing in their dust years ago.

So for me it's simple, Villa are nearer to us than Woolwich, therefore I prefer Woolwich to win.

Mental! Villa might be deemed as 'big' as us on a theoretical scale for winning the FA cup (even though they may still go down actually) VS The smug scum of the earth lifting another trophy.

This is bait, don't take it!

Back
Top Bottom