so what if.. .

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Look I've come in and had a couple of Pints.
I am now addicted to this forum and read and digested many threads and comments.
Now I don't want to be the prophet of doom and gloom and hopefully after tomorrow that will all change but we are not winning games.
What and how would we cope if we got stuck in a relegation battle and god forbid. .......and I don't want to hear we are to good.. I would rather this thread is left empty tbh and after tomorrow and the next couple of games then no worries but the important thing is imv keep the atmosphere and faith as could be a bit of a ride.I underline the word atmosphere as it stinks.

Look I've come in and had a couple of Pints.
I am now addicted to this forum and read and digested many threads and comments.
Now I don't want to be the prophet of doom and gloom and hopefully after tomorrow that will all change but we are not winning games.
What and how would we cope if we got stuck in a relegation battle and god forbid. .......and I don't want to hear we are to good.. I would rather this thread is left empty tbh and after tomorrow and the next couple of games then no worries but the important thing is imv keep the atmosphere and faith as could be a bit of a ride.I underline the word atmosphere as it stinks.
Wouldn't mind going down for a season or two - it would clear out a lot of the moaners.

Imagine us relegated, would be good and bad.

Good - lose some of the wanky fans, get to visit new grounds, decrease in ticket prices, lose some partnership deals like stubhub and Carlsberg..

Wait.. What are the negatives again? :pochlol:

Interesting already as there are many fans already who don't watch Thursday nights yet u I embrace them purely because I love spurs as champions league obsession has bitten them.
Not saying we will go down but like a poster said certainly would send shockwaves which is why a lot of the support need to get behind the lads as we could be in shit.1882 movement time to step up .

Imagine us relegated, would be good and bad.

Good - lose some of the wanky fans, get to visit new grounds, decrease in ticket prices, lose some partnership deals like stubhub and Carlsberg..

Wait.. What are the negatives again? :pochlol:

Not sure if joking or utterly deluded...?

Negatives:

Laughing stock of football in England for a start. The damage it will do to our reputation would be indescribable.

You can say good bye to our brand new stadium, £400 million spend in the Championship?

You can also say good bye to every talented player we have. We will literally lose the entire squad over night and realistically I don't think we'd get instant promotion.

Very hard to establish yourself back in the premier league once you go down. Even if we got promoted we would likely get relegated again.

We'd have no chance in any cups for the next few years.

Granted, the atmosphere would improve. Great. But you've probably set the club back a decade, minimum, for the sake of a few more chants at matches. Just isn't worth it.

Obviously I don't want us to go down. But if we did it would be amazing for our support, and paradoxically I reckon it would be much more enjoyable in the Championship, at least for a few years. Yet I would still be really pissed off and depressed if we did go down. How bizarre is modern football.

Obviously I don't want us to go down. But if we did it would be amazing for our support, and paradoxically I reckon it would be much more enjoyable in the Championship, at least for a few years. Yet I would still be really pissed off and depressed if we did go down. How bizarre is modern football.

I think a cup win would do wonders (Captain obvious). Gives us something to be proud of again though.

Laughing stock of football in England for a start. The damage it will do to our reputation would be indescribable.
What reputation?

You can say good bye to our brand new stadium, £400 million spend in the Championship?
What stadium?
You can also say good bye to every talented player we have. We will literally lose the entire squad over night and realistically I don't think we'd get instant promotion.
Literally overnight? Good, they can fuck off if they got us relegated.

Very hard to establish yourself back in the premier league once you go down. Even if we got promoted we would likely get relegated again.
And you know this how?

We'd have no chance in any cups for the next few years.
Why wouldn't we?

Granted, the atmosphere would improve. Great. But you've probably set the club back a decade, minimum, for the sake of a few more chants at matches. Just isn't worth it.

I've been accused of many things, but setting the club back 10 years isn't one of them - and worth what?

What reputation?

What stadium?

Literally overnight? Good, they can fuck off if they got us relegated.

And you know this how?

Why wouldn't we?

I've been accused of many things, but setting the club back 10 years isn't one of them - and worth what?

What's twisted your panties tonight, Jesus. Full on cunt mode. Not gonna have a bickering back and fourth chat over a difference of opinion; on this thread or on others.

What's twisted your panties tonight, Jesus. Full on cunt mode. Not gonna have a bickering back and fourth chat over a difference of opinion; on this thread or on others.
Thanks for answering my question - I didn't think you had the knowledge - or the guts to answer difficult questions. Much easier to call me a wanker. I don't want to to disappoint you Ringo, but this is not the the first time I've been called a cunt, and certainly never by someone so THFC gilt edged.

Back
Top Bottom