So Baldini offered to resign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bale says he had to carry us
Baldini offered his resignation
Harry says AVB wasted 100 mill
De Boer says no
Brendan Rodgers says no to us, but yes to trannys

It's nothing more than kick me when I'm down journalism.

dog's dinner is right! I'm OK with a DoF sorting out the financial/contractual side of things, but surely the coach should be the one calling the shots as to which players he wants, or is that too simple?

Actually was hoping we'd keep him on for his connections and negotiation skills unless we have another favorable plan in place. Regardless, with Broomfield back in charge of scouting I can't imagine either way it'd be to much detriment. It seems Broomfield has a far keener eye for a given squad at a cross section in time's actual needs.

Are we sure that Baldini isn't just Andrea Bocelli under an assumed name?

If he was actually Bocelli that would explain a lot about his choices regarding our summer signings.

Oh lord please forgive me. :avbpray:

Appropriately on topic then for several reasons

Lovely piece of music though, one of my favourites. Mrs hates it.

The whole thing about our signings last year being a complete laughable failure is nothing more than a myth.

Soldado - clearly not performed to the level we'd like yet, but shown so much talent on the ball, just not finished the chances.

Lamela - been injured 3/4 of the season. Hardly enough to write him off and he's just turned 22 ffs!

Eriksen - probably worth about £30m on his own now, at least. Amazing signing.

Chadli - Got a lot of stick even from our own fans, but has gradually begun winning people round, and IMO is in our first choice XI right now. I've always been a fan.

Chiriches - For what, £8m? A very good signing. No reason why he can't be first choice and a regular next year.

Capoue - Sherwood having a phobia of defensive midfielders hasn't helped him, but early in the season he did a class job for us, and for what, £8m again? Hardly a waste of money.

Paulinho - The biggest debate maker of the lot. £17m is a lot of money. Had we got him for £10m I'd be saying good signing, but I can understand a bit of the disappointment at £17m. Still not exactly been a laughable failure though.

I think the fact the two biggest money players have failed to make an impact has masked the fact the rest have actually done an, at the least, satisfactory job. In Eriksen alone we may well have a player who can make 95% of the impact Bale made last year.

All I say is give them time. I believe at least 4 of the 7 players above can go on to become regulars and big, big players at our club given the opportunity to do so. Might be similar to the Comolli situation. At the time, he looked a fool, but at a later point in time, you realise the players he signed have actually done bloody well.

The whole thing about our signings last year being a complete laughable failure is nothing more than a myth.

Soldado - clearly not performed to the level we'd like yet, but shown so much talent on the ball, just not finished the chances.

Lamela - been injured 3/4 of the season. Hardly enough to write him off and he's just turned 22 ffs!

Eriksen - probably worth about £30m on his own now, at least. Amazing signing.

Chadli - Got a lot of stick even from our own fans, but has gradually begun winning people round, and IMO is in our first choice XI right now. I've always been a fan.

Chiriches - For what, £8m? A very good signing. No reason why he can't be first choice and a regular next year.

Capoue - Sherwood having a phobia of defensive midfielders hasn't helped him, but early in the season he did a class job for us, and for what, £8m again? Hardly a waste of money.

Paulinho - The biggest debate maker of the lot. £17m is a lot of money. Had we got him for £10m I'd be saying good signing, but I can understand a bit of the disappointment at £17m. Still not exactly been a laughable failure though.

I think the fact the two biggest money players have failed to make an impact has masked the fact the rest have actually done an, at the least, satisfactory job. In Eriksen alone we may well have a player who can make 95% of the impact Bale made last year.

All I say is give them time. I believe at least 4 of the 7 players above can go on to become regulars and big, big players at our club given the opportunity to do so. Might be similar to the Comolli situation. At the time, he looked a fool, but at a later point in time, you realise the players he signed have actually done bloody well.

Agree with all but Comolli. Pointed out on here a lot that he bought utter shit at liverpool after getting us Modric, Bale, Berba etc.

At liverpool he bought Suarez, Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Doni, José Enrique, Sebastián Coates and Craig Bellamy. I can see a lot of shit in that list.

Agree with all but Comolli. Pointed out on here a lot that he bought utter shit at liverpool after getting us Modric, Bale, Berba etc.

At liverpool he bought Suarez, Carroll, Jordan Henderson, Charlie Adam, Stewart Downing, Doni, José Enrique, Sebastián Coates and Craig Bellamy. I can see a lot of shit in that list.

suarez all most makes up for all of the shit though...

I'm purely talking Spurs. Don't give a toss what he's done at other clubs!

Back
Top Bottom