So Baldini offered to resign

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

1) Does he not want to be here any more?
2) Does he realise the signings were, in fact, pretty poor and doesn't see the squad challenging?
3) Was he just being honorable?

I'd suspect #3

In addition, there's been a lot in the Press about certain managers who wouldn't want to work under that system, so perhaps that played a part? AVB apparently asked for him, so it's perhaps a little awkward there where maybe TS is hinting that he would prefer to take control of that side of things

According to the article he offered to resign the same day AVB was chopped so not sure the not working with Sherwood would come into it.

What a mess.

Still if he offered out of respect I am thankful we still have a nice bloke in the management of our club. Plus those saying he's incompetent... Well I really have to disagree with. He signed great players, something just hasn't worked, not his fault though.

We know that Baldini was wanted by AVB. So if you are Baldini the only way you can survive into the next phase with the new manager and setup while retaining your credibility and power in your position, is to offer your resignation. If it is rejected then it reafirms that he is truely wanted there by those in charge, not just a left-over from AVB's reign. I think it's good that it happened and was rejected.
Now get us a new fucking manager!!!!!!!
:parker:

Christ, what a fucking dog's dinner we have on our hands.

40738d1361594454-show-me-your-dogs-dinner-imageuploadedbypg-free1361594453.108743.jpg

Back
Top Bottom