Should we move for Ashley Cole?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

no no no no no
You are supposed to show your undying love for Tottenham by calling him lots of profane insults and questioning his morals and personality.

You can't come in here and start recognising him for his footballing ability.
Whatever next?
Sorry, let me put my rose-tinted spectacles on

fear-and-loathing-in-las-vegas.jpg

Not sure there's even a point debating this topic with you if you make that sort of comment about a full-back

Cool it. I was joking. I decided to make a decision based on a meaningless fact seeing as it WILL NEVER HAPPEN!

I am in favour of it by chance, hence why I agreed to your earlier post. We're in need of a good full back, experienced (very), and great cover if nothing else (not that he would accept being cover).

I think people are somehow confusing [Ashley Cole on top of his career] with [Ashley Cole summer of 2014 after barely playing important games for a year].

I'd like the former - no matter the whole obsession-with-mobile-communication-devices-into-naughty-orifices thing - but I certainly see no reason to approach the present day latter version

I think people are somehow confusing [Ashley Cole on top of his career] with [Ashley Cole summer of 2014 after barely playing important games for a year].

I'd like the former - no matter the whole obsession-with-mobile-communication-devices-into-naughty-orifices thing - but I certainly see no reason to approach the present day latter version
Has he deteriorated that badly?
Presumably the club would ask him to come round and run araaand a bit, before shelling out the ackers?

He has done well for the last few games Chelscum have played. Despite not being first choice he hasn't caused trouble and is 100x the player Rose is.

Unfortunately cashley would be way better than anything we currently have at leftback but fuckn awful to see in a Tottenham shirt. After Gallas and Ade though well what the fuck ever we have no morals. Atleast he'd be fuckn English.

He's still a very good LB and certainly an upgrade on Rose, but he's a douche and more importantly he's on 120k a week so let the fucker go to Qatar.

Never mind Cole, he's finished. I'd like us to be a bit bold and take a chance on someone like Ali Adnan. Done well in his break out season in Turkey, he wouldn't be cheap but I reckon he'd be less than £10m and could be a proper star.

Honestly want to keep Rose, hoping he develops more into that position. Cole certainly could aid/teach him.
Assuming Cole would get some little injuries also, thus keeping Rose happy with game time.
Don't like Cole as a guy, but as a player, best immediate improvement IMO.

If available for a reasonable price - absolutely yes - better than anything we have at the moment, bags of experience, winner's attitude, etc. If anything - players like Gallas and Ade proved that transfers from rivals are more often than not successful

A he wouldn't come to us
B we can't afford his wages
C he shot a kid with an air rifle
D Why would you want him wearing our shirt, and thus, endorsing him as a role model etc
E is nothing sacred?
F He's great friends with John Terry
G He's exactly the sort of player i don't want to have to support

Back
Top Bottom